PIC - German Soldier action figure!

metalinvader

Sweet jesus,I can not wait to get these!!!!

I really don't understand why Hasbro doesn't release these early.Wouldn't it be wiser to reintroduce the public into Indy before the Indy launch?

Katarn07

metalinvader said:
I really don't understand why Hasbro doesn't release these early.Wouldn't it be wiser to reintroduce the public into Indy before the Indy launch?

No, because people will see them on the shelf and go "what the heck are these?," leave them there to collect dust, and then the stores won't order anymore from Hasbro. But if the movie is being advertised, kids will know who that is and then they'll go "I want these!," they'll move off the shelf, stores will order more, and Hasbro will make more figures due to the success of sales.

I love the Indy in the jacket with the coiled whip. Too cool.

metalinvader

Indy_Wave01.jpg

Better pic:)

Anyways.I understand what you are trying to say Katarn but I just figured it Hasbro would have done a preview wave like they did with each Episodes I-III.

Mr. Fusion

Does anyone else notice that the gunbelts on the Indy figures have square buckles? Not a big problem. I'm still going to get 'em.

Trevor G

TR.N Staff Member
these are fantastic! especially for their pricepoint! too dang cool! I always dreamed we'd get a line like this.

bring on TOD!
Trev

ChromiumBlue37

What's wrong with the gun holster buckle? Is it inacurate? :confused:

How exciting to have confirmation of a new figure and a fresher picture of the first wave. My God, I LOVE Indiana Jones! (y)

Katarn07

Trevor G said:
bring on TOD!

I know, right? If there's 30 figures, how many are we getting from Raiders alone? I hope we don't get all RotLA and KotCS figures we could dream of, and then get shafted with ToD and LC with just Shortie and Henry or something. I can see Hasbro doing that.

mfisher

I dunno.. TOD is pretty ripe with good figure possibilities.. Giant Thuggie and Mola Ram are givens.. but regular Thuggies and maybe one of those painted up ceremonial thuggies too... tons of possibilities actually... lets keep our fingers crossed

tnswman

Katarn07 said:
No, because people will see them on the shelf and go "what the heck are these?," leave them there to collect dust, and then the stores won't order anymore from Hasbro. But if the movie is being advertised, kids will know who that is and then they'll go "I want these!," they'll move off the shelf, stores will order more, and Hasbro will make more figures due to the success of sales.

I love the Indy in the jacket with the coiled whip. Too cool.

Yu are kidding right? Anyone who thinks indy figures would not sell if released in Jan is just plain off of the mark.

Vlad Dracula

Ah cool. That's eight figures we know of now and they are all from Raiders. Looking forward to seeing some Temple of Doom figures.

Katarn07

tnswman said:
Yu are kidding right? Anyone who thinks indy figures would not sell if released in Jan is just plain off of the mark.

*sigh*

This coming from an Indy fan. Of course we're going to get them in January. We're talking on an Indiana Jones collecting board. What about all those young kids out there who have no clue who the guy is? They didn't grow up with them. Their parents might not be fans and therefore they've never been exposed to him. Why would they want to buy them? And Indiana Jones hasn't really been marketed all that much in the past decade. Hasbro really has no idea how well this line will be. I anticipate it'll do well, even without the new movie, but you never know. It could be a flop.

Obviously Hasbro knows what it's doing, and I understand their marketing practices. I've been collecting action figures for over half my life now and realize exactly what they're doing. The companies that don't go by this idea usually have their crap cluttering the aisles for months because stores can't get rid of it. But if a movie is coming out that same month, even if it doesn't fly off the shelf they'll most likely be able to move them after the movie's released.

tnswman

Katarn07 said:
*sigh*

This coming from an Indy fan. Of course we're going to get them in January. We're talking on an Indiana Jones collecting board. What about all those young kids out there who have no clue who the guy is? They didn't grow up with them. Their parents might not be fans and therefore they've never been exposed to him. Why would they want to buy them? And Indiana Jones hasn't really been marketed all that much in the past decade. Hasbro really has no idea how well this line will be. I anticipate it'll do well, even without the new movie, but you never know. It could be a flop.

Obviously Hasbro knows what it's doing, and I understand their marketing practices. I've been collecting action figures for over half my life now and realize exactly what they're doing. The companies that don't go by this idea usually have their crap cluttering the aisles for months because stores can't get rid of it. But if a movie is coming out that same month, even if it doesn't fly off the shelf they'll most likely be able to move them after the movie's released.

That is a sound theory IF we were talking about the New movie figures.. The problem is HASBRO has stated that the Raiders figures are shipping WITH the New Movie toys.

Jan should have seen the release of the Raiders set with a refresh in Marchand Indy 4 toys in May.

Instead, the shelves will be CLUTTERED with pegwarmers from both sets at the same time in the same numbers. That IS NOT smart.

Katarn07

But as I've pointed out, mostly adults would show any interest in Indy figures. I can speak from personal experience on how few kids nowadays know who Indiana Jones is. I work 2 different jobs, both dealing with kids. All together I interact with 100+ kids. I can count the ones that know who Indiana Jones is on one hand!

So why would the Raiders ones sell in January without Indy IV around to introduce kids to Indy? If they did limited quantities (which they're probably not gonna do), then your idea sounds great! Sorta like "Sneak Peak" figures from all the prequel lines. Also, I agree that by mixing the waves isn't smart. They should release 10 or so Indy IV figures first, then the next waves could mix up the older movies in with new Indy IV figures. I think that would have worked better. 30 figures in one series tends to leave things around the store far longer than they should.

tnswman

Katarn07 said:
But as I've pointed out, mostly adults would show any interest in Indy figures. I can speak from personal experience on how few kids nowadays know who Indiana Jones is. I work 2 different jobs, both dealing with kids. All together I interact with 100+ kids. I can count the ones that know who Indiana Jones is on one hand!

So why would the Raiders ones sell in January without Indy IV around to introduce kids to Indy? If they did limited quantities (which they're probably not gonna do), then your idea sounds great! Sorta like "Sneak Peak" figures from all the prequel lines. Also, I agree that by mixing the waves isn't smart. They should release 10 or so Indy IV figures first, then the next waves could mix up the older movies in with new Indy IV figures. I think that would have worked better. 30 figures in one series tends to leave things around the store far longer than they should.

Who do you think is funding the Gi Joe line that is the hardest thing to find in ages? NOT KIDS!! do not underestimate adult colectors. As a matter of fact, the Kids still will not buy enough to clear the pegs of the overflow during the movie run.. Star wars is the most kid friendly Hasbro line and the kids could hardly help it.

I have seen this over and over from 1977 on......The indy line will sell VERY WELL WHENEVER it is released. However, the shelves will be clogged due to Hasbro releasing the classic line at the same time as the Movie line.

tnswman

tnswman said:
Who do you think is funding the Gi Joe line that is the hardest thing to find in ages? NOT KIDS!! do not underestimate adult colectors. As a matter of fact, the Kids still will not buy enough to clear the pegs of the overflow during the movie run.. Star wars is the most kid friendly Hasbro line and the kids could hardly help it.

I have seen this over and over from 1977 on......The indy line will sell VERY WELL WHENEVER it is released. However, the shelves will be clogged due to Hasbro releasing the classic line at the same time as the Movie line.

Plus dude, What do you think is going to sell Indy 4 as a whole? THE ORIGINAL TILOGY!! It's not like people HAVE NOT OR CAN NOT see the films. I think the biggest hole in your idea was the success of the Disney line...Those figures sold LIKE CRAZY!! the problem again with wave 2 was that they shipped Indy in too small of Numbers at 1st and he other 4 figures SAT there... Nobody wanted the supporting cast if they could not have Indy. Same asthe old Kenner line.