Disneyland show to be "tamed down"...

Forbidden Eye

http://ocresort.freedomblogging.com...op-throwing-punches-in-disneyland-stunt-show/

?We haven?t had a big negative response,? he said. ?But there will be more pushes and shoves than direct hits.?

Kelman said that the crowd enjoys when Indiana Jones is beat up on, but the bad response is when he hits the show?s female character, playing Col. Dr. Irina Spalko, in the face.

?There are things that can happen in a movie that just shouldn?t happen in a theme park,? Kelman said.

God...what a sad state our nation has become with all this politically correct crap.

JerryKing

HelenLovejoy_t630.jpg

Leiter91

The Man said:
Indy punches Spalko?! Jesus, this sounds rougher than the movie...
isn't it sexual discrimination to be able to punch a man in the face, but not a woman...is that saying that women can't take a hit like a man can, so they should just sit at home slaving behind a hot stove, blah blah blah...

We got them there, right?

The Man

Leiter91 said:
isn't it sexual discrimination to be able to punch a man in the face, but not a woman...is that saying that women can't take a hit like a man can, so they should just sit at home slaving behind a hot stove, blah blah blah...

You wouldn't be a Mr. Sean Connery by any chance?;)

Nurhachi1991

First off that looked nothing like Spalko................ Second this is why I hate Disney and little kids and their parents who complain about this stuff (no offense to anyone here your all cool (y) ) This show is going to make indy look like a wuss now. Whats next their going to edit Indy punching the cocktail waitress in the face in TOD?

Niteshade007

Leiter91 said:

Not quite. It isn't a fair fight if the man is stronger than the woman. A woman can't match a man punch for punch.

Michael24

Disney really needs to stop bending over backwards to the demands of a troublesome minority who raise objections to anything they don't like. (n)

Nurhachi1991

Niteshade007 said:
Not quite. It isn't a fair fight if the man is stronger than the woman. A woman can't match a man punch for punch.

If a woman was beating me with a staff like in the video your damn right I would punch her in the face. Indy would do the same he almost choked Elsa to death.

Niteshade007

Nurhachi1991 said:
If a woman was beating me with a staff like in the video your damn right I would punch her in the face. Indy would do the same he almost choked Elsa to death.

I wasn't aware that the video was online, so I haven't seen it.

I still can understand reservations about men hitting women, however.

Lonsome Indy

even so its only one punch, and this is coming from a girl. its not as if he had rapidly swung left and right. that i would understand. and besides given the circumstances, you have to let the character be the character. Indy does everything he possibly can to save his own skin and didnt Shia give Spalko a good one, two in the movie?

taming Indy to only pushing and shoving, while it could be done, wouldnt make it any better.

MaxPhactor23

I’m saying this straight up…if a woman is trying to kill me, she’s getting a right hook to the jaw. B-itch is getting knocked out. I don’t care about this “men shouldn’t ever hit women” issue. It's too tame. Fact of the matter is that if you’re getting the pulp beaten out of you by a woman…you’re not being chivalrous by not fighting back and defending yourself…you’re being stupid.

Agent Z

Lonsome Indy said:
....and didnt Shia give Spalko a good one, two in the movie?

Nope. In fact, Mutt never hits Irina once, with sword or fist. Spalko, on the other hand, unloads a endless combination of karate chops, kicks, and punches on Mutt...along with slicing his cheek during the sword fight. :p

Oh, Mutt does shove Spalko one time, but she immediately does a high kick to his face while she is down. (y)

"What are you looking at Daddy-O!?"

Attila the Professor said:
But, it's not Spalko, right? She's supposed to be an Englishwoman, yes?

The blog/article says it's Spalko. The blog/article could/looks to be wrong.

MolaRam2

I believe the female character in the show isn't suppose to be Spalko anyway. This change really has me pissed off. As a hardcore Disney and Indy fan, this PC B*******, really ticks me off. Indiana Jones is suppose to hit people, there is nothing wrong with punching in a theme park show. The mere act of a punch is perfectly G-rated in the context of an Indiana Jones show.

It's people like the Disney Company and Spielberg bending over backwards to please Mrs. Lovejoy and the Soccer Moms, that causes us to end up with watered down and white washed entertainment like KOTCS, the Pooh ride, and DCA's Monsters Inc. ride intead of family entertainment that actually has an edge like ToD, the Haunted Mansion (ride), Pirates of the Caribbean (ride), and Mr. Toad's Wild Ride (the ride ends in Hell, that's really edgy by today's standards).

Family entertainment needs to get it's balls back.

Niteshade007

Okay, I just watched the video on youtube.

Attila's right, it's definitely not Spalko. I think he calls her "Rachel," in fact, but I'm not sure. I think part of the problem is that the show is definitely geared towards kids (what at Disney isn't?), but the fact that just a few minutes before, children were helping the girl because she is portrayed as a good guy might make it a little difficult for them to see her change so drastically by the second act. I don't know, I'm just hypothesizing, but they may be part of the problem people have with the show. Also, it's not just one punch that Indy gives her, but three, in a surprisingly well choreographed fight scene, considering that it's not an actual "show" like the one at Disney's Hollywood Studios (almost said MGM again). I fail to see what is so wrong with Indy defending himself without actually hitting her. I stand by my belief that men shouldn't hit women, although I have to say I would not be one of the ones to complain about the show.

DrHapgood

First of all, shame on the OCRegister for not checking their facts. The woman from Stone Tiger is named Rachel Flannery (Catch the reference?).

Funny little tidbit, the guy who chases Indy around Adventureland is named McDougall. One of the actors who portrays him even has a Scottish accent. It's awesome.

My favorite part of this show used to be the big ending sequence. It actually felt "Indy". My big complaint when I heard about the Summer Of Hidden Mysteries was that they were marketing the offerings to younger kids when it was never intended for such a young audience, plus it's not exactly where the fanbase lies.

All my fears were quelled when I saw Stone Tiger and saw they found a way to compromise and keep it in the same "Indy" feel while making it fun for kids. If they do tone it down, it will definitely no longer feel right.

Indy faces danger and death at every turn. In these situations not just the Indy-verse, but reality and fight-or-flight response dictates all social conventions be chucked out the window. It's a fact, faced in these situations, Indy will hit women to save his life. Even that poor cigarette girl in ToD took it in the kisser from Indy. Plus let's not even get into Elsa and "the real" Irina Spalko.

All I'm really trying to say is that there are plenty of marketable franchises that are appropriate for certain ages and trying to shoehorn ones that weren't originally intended for that demographic just because it's the current fad is always a bad idea.