If you could visit members here?

The_Raiders

Major Eaton said:
Imagine being in the same room with ResidentAlien, Rocket Surgeon, Matt deMille, Attila The Professor, and Montana Smith. Man, oh man, the conversations,thoughts, affirmations, everything really, would be out of this world. I think this would be very interesting.:D

Imagine being in the same room with RA and RC. Only one would come out, and I think we know who. :rolleyes:

Finn

Staff member
The_Raiders said:
Imagine being in the same room with RA and RC. Only one would come out, and I think we know who. :rolleyes:
Oh yes, Internet toughness is so often directly relative to holding your own in real life...

While the rawhide bullwhip might be the weapon of choice for many in here, get them off their monitors and they turn out to be about as dangerous as a guy armed with an overcooked noodle.

<small>I don't know these two people in question so this was naturally a general example.</small>

Montana Smith

Finn said:
about as dangerous as a guy armed with an overcooked noodle.

Never under-estimate the damage that can be inflicted by an overcooked noodle...

229.jpg

Hey, Finn, you didn't mention the Molotov Cocktail, that Finnish invention of 1939! (Well, your countrymen named them, anyway.)

Finn

Staff member
Montana Smith said:
Hey, Finn, you didn't mention the Molotov Cocktail, that Finnish invention of 1939! (Well, your countrymen named them, anyway.)
Uh... maybe I'm having one of my thickheaded days (yes, even more than regular) but I fail to see how mentioning them would be relevant to the topic.

But since you requested... the first war where these bottled little hellbringers were used was the Spanish Civil War of 1937. The iconic name was indeed conceived by Finns during the Fenno-Russian Winter War in 1939-40. The Russian Foreign Minister of the time, Vyacheslav Molotov, propagandized that the Russians are not bombing Finnish cities and towns, but instead dropping them rations and other aid, like bread. Due to this, the always-snarky Finns started calling the payloads dropped by Russian bombers "Molotov's Bread Basket". And being the ever hospitable hosts to the inv... *ahem* visiting Russians, they decided to serve them drinks that go with this particular type of bread...

Montana Smith

Finn said:
Uh... maybe I'm having one of my thickheaded days (yes, even more than regular) but I fail to see how mentioning them would be relevant to the topic.

Topic-relevance has never been one of my strong points. I thought if you were going to mention the ancient Chinese art of noodle-combat, you might also mention something closer to home. When we all arrive at your place bringing the customary bottle for the host, you might give us a demonstration with the empties. ;)

DiscoLad

Coming back to this thread.

I would like to shake hands with Stoo.
For making my blood pressure so high so easily with just a few sentences of witty back handed comments. :p

DiscoLad said:
Coming back to this thread.

I would like to shake hands with Stoo.
For making my blood pressure so high so easily with just a few sentences of witty back handed comments. :p

I have a feeling he's a lot of fun to hang with.

It's tiring to be so accomodating...it's more interesting to discover the root of someone's opinions. His seem based on experience and not simply media cultivated.