Shia Injured on Set of "Crystal Skull"

scifiwolf

So the title of the thread is that Shia got injured, and not one person has talked about that? There are enough threads whining about him being Indy's son.

oki9Sedo

deckard24 said:
From virtually every newspaper, magazine, and web leak/report we've had, there's been a mention of it.

Purely because he's a 20-year old and is therefore the right age to be Indy's son, and because Marion is in it, people assume Indy knocked her up and he is his son.

2 plus 2 does not equal 5.

Dr Jones

Hmm...sounds interesting...but I hope it's not too much of Indy passing the crown (or fedora) to Mutt...hmmm....bit dodgy.

Indy doesn't strike me as a man to hand over his legay, his teachings to someone like Mutt, son or not or whatever he is (!!). Mutt can come along for the ride but not go too far.

Saying that, it might be a play on words and if it involves a sword, maybe he could re-create the Indy trademark of ROTLA and face off with someone and shoot him...oh hang on, typing that, it doesn't make sense...ignore that! :eek:

I hope this 'scene' is dealt with correctly and not too much of a shocker!

:p

crowmagnumman

The Man said:
Look, here's the deal: if Lucas and Spielberg inexplicably think a new series with LaBeouf is a tasteful idea, then let them at it. But don't DON'T DON'T they dare undermine Ford or relegate Indy in Crystal Skull. This is the greatest union of character and actor in movie history and no kid, greaser, son, whatever, has any right to **** on that. Remember: Harrison Ford is Indiana Jones. That dynamic is what makes the movies what they are. The fans still know that, even if certain people have willingly forgotten.

I totally agree. I'm getting flak for saying that exact same thing over at Club Obi Wan.

I don't like the idea of a son of Indiana Jones, but someone mentioned Jensen Ackles earlier in the thread. If they're going to pass the whip to somebody I think he'd be a much better choice than Shia Lebouf. He's pretty awesome in Supernatural.

But I'd still rather they avoided that angle entirely.

agentsands77

oki9Sedo said:
Purely because he's a 20-year old and is therefore the right age to be Indy's son, and because Marion is in it, people assume Indy knocked her up and he is his son.
Well, there are other genuine spoiler reports (that got all the other details right) that have Mutt pinned as Indy's son. That's a pretty strong indicator right there.

But the biggest thing, for me, is the LeapFrog game description, which states right off the bat that Mutt is Indy's son.

deckard24

crowmagnumman said:
I totally agree. I'm getting flak for saying that exact same thing over at Club Obi Wan.

I don't like the idea of a son of Indiana Jones, but someone mentioned Jensen Ackles earlier in the thread. If they're going to pass the whip to somebody I think he'd be a much better choice than Shia Lebouf. He's pretty awesome in Supernatural.

But I'd still rather they avoided that angle entirely.
That was me, I mentioned Ackles, but like you I'd rather the whole angle was avoided as well. I threw his name out there as an alternative to LaBeouf, which is pretty pointless now after the fact. LaBeouf is in the film, and from what we know is most likely Indy's son. If he turns out to not be, I'll be shocked and impressed that the wool was pulled over our eyes so well by Lucas and Co.!

RaideroftheArk

Has anyone mentioned that Shia's character might die? I mean, he might be his son, but he's not immortal...maybe there's some kind of twist waiting to happen?

The Man

It would be excellent if Mutt turned out to be Toht's son. He's got the same beady eyes, after all.:p

crowmagnumman

deckard24 said:
That was me, I mentioned Ackles, but like you I'd rather the whole angle was avoided as well. I threw his name out there as an alternative to LaBeouf, which is pretty pointless now after the fact. LaBeouf is in the film, and from what we know is most likely Indy's son. If he turns out to not be, I'll be shocked and impressed that the wool was pulled over our eyes so well by Lucas and Co.!

Well, it was one of the better ideas I've heard in a while. But I agree. I'm ok with Ackles sticking to Supernatural and Indy remaining son-less. Guess we'll see how it turns out.

deckard24

crowmagnumman said:
Well, it was one of the better ideas I've heard in a while. But I agree. I'm ok with Ackles sticking to Supernatural and Indy remaining son-less. Guess we'll see how it turns out.
Yeah, not much we can do but wait until 5/22! LOL

I'm keeping my fingers crossed.(y)

sarah navarro

Professor Jones said:
I don't think that Shia's character will overwelm Indy's in the movie. By now, the trailer shows mostly action sequences in which the main protagonist is Indy, even if - of course - accompanied by others as in any other Indy movie (see: opening scene with MAC, the scene in the warehouse, the chain-scene, the rocket scene, the car chase and so on...).

But I must disagree with you that a new serie with LaBeouf would be a "tasteful" idea.... I hate that idea!
Yah i know has everyone forgotten that the title of this movie starts with "Indiana Jones".:whip:

loganbush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Jones
I don't think that Shia's character will overwelm Indy's in the movie. By now, the trailer shows mostly action sequences in which the main protagonist is Indy, even if - of course - accompanied by others as in any other Indy movie (see: opening scene with MAC, the scene in the warehouse, the chain-scene, the rocket scene, the car chase and so on...).

But I must disagree with you that a new serie with LaBeouf would be a "tasteful" idea.... I hate that idea!
Yah i know has everyone forgotten that the title of this movie starts with "Indiana Jones".

This just happens to scare the crap out of me.
junior_novel.jpg

agentsands77 said:
It's for the junior novel. Of course they're going to stress the youthful figure of the film.

I don't recall them thrusting huge images of Short Round in front of Indy on any TOD merchandise...:sick:

|ZiR|

herr gruber said:
I don't recall them thrusting huge images of Short Round in front of Indy on any TOD merchandise...:sick:

True, but remember that Jonathan Key Quan (sp?) wasn't an established actor and teen hunk. (Not that Short Round wasn't totally awesome and deserving of his own cover.)

Still, I'm kinda weirded out by that cover. Uh, maybe the junior novelization will be from Mutt's point of view. That'd be different.

e: And about Ackles -- I could not disagree more. He's attractive in a bland, CW drama way. Completely different from Ford, imo. Shia and Harrison are both good looking in an offbeat style.

Last edited:

agentsands77

herr gruber said:
Bu Short Round wasn't Indy's son, or Indy's successor. Mutt is, and therefore a much more important character than Short Round ever was, even if he is a supporting character within the film itself. That's why there's less compunction about giving him a lot of attention.

Nevermind that it was a different situation when TEMPLE OF DOOM was released. Indiana Jones wasn't in his late 50s, and was a much easier sell to younger audiences. This time out, I think they recognize that to get the kid audience, they need to market the character that will appeal to them. Old Dr. Jones isn't going to do it.

Last edited: