• Definately no

Votes: 31 20.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 27 17.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Crusade>Raiders

Young Indy said:
Should KOTCS have been made? What a stupid question. Do we really have to ask this on an Indiana Jones fan site?

Well considering how negative half the board seems to be about the film, I don't see why not.

Fish1941

It is a stupid question. No, it didn't have to be made. Neither did RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK or any other motion picture in existence.

Good grief!!:rolleyes:

Crusade>Raiders

Fish1941 said:
It is a stupid question. No, it didn't have to be made. Neither did RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK or any other motion picture in existence.

Please, oh please be sarcasm. Nobody can be this ignorant.

This movie destroys the franchise. When Indy stood watching the atomic mushroom cloud it was symbolic for watching this franchise getting nuked before our eyes. Destroyer of Worlds...

Joel

Despite being unhappy with Mutt and the decision of Indy getting married, I really did enjoy this film. I for one am glad they made it since I can now say I have finally seen an Indiana Jones film on the big screen. It's a childhood fantasy turned reality. Many fans have wanted a new Indiana Jones installment for some time. Fans wanted to see their hero in action once again and also to see if the forumla stands the test of time. It needed to be done, whether or not it met people's expectations.

Aggie Crusade

Agent Spalko said:
This movie destroys the franchise. When Indy stood watching the atomic mushroom cloud it was symbolic for watching this franchise getting nuked before our eyes. Destroyer of Worlds...

Oh please, you can go watch the original trilogy on DVD and they have not been altered in any way.

No Ticket

Fish1941 said:

After reading some of your posts, I'm guessing you think we might as well not discuss this movie at all. Just watch it and shut up. Hence why even bother with this for-IT'S A FREAKIN INDIANA JONES FORUM AND THIS IS A QUESTION THAT IS WORTH ASKING AFTER SEEING IT AND IF YOU DON'T WANT TO TALK ABOUT KOTCS THEN GET OUT!!

.. anyway.

I didn't really want to choose "No," because I kind of like the movie and enjoyed seeing Indy back... but I knew it didn't need to be made after the perfect way LC ended.

Goodsport

No Ticket said:
After reading some of your posts, I'm guessing you think we might as well not discuss this movie at all. Just watch it and shut up. Hence why even bother with this for-IT'S A FREAKIN INDIANA JONES FORUM AND THIS IS A QUESTION THAT IS WORTH ASKING AFTER SEEING IT AND IF YOU DON'T WANT TO TALK ABOUT KOTCS THEN GET OUT!!

.. anyway.

I didn't really want to choose "No," because I kind of like the movie and enjoyed seeing Indy back... but I knew it didn't need to be made after the perfect way LC ended.

I haven't seen KotCS yet (I hopefully will today), but Harrison Ford Indy has already appeared on-screen after LC long before this year.

He's in the bookends to Young Indiana Jones and the Mystery of the Blues (circa Wyoming, 1950), and considering that the bookends to that episode were the only ones in the entire The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles TV series to have survived the cut to VHS and DVD, they're likely considered canon just like the movies are. :)

-G

darkfate

Its the same question as Star Wars...

Should Star Wars prequels been made? Hell no! Lucas is horrible now and should stop making movies. His ideas are not consistent with any of the past work and he needs to retire. He is a horrible film maker now, he had many times to show if he could deliver a great movie and he failed with Star Wars.

This isn't the Episode 1 of Indy films, I'd say it's episode 2. There wasn't a jar jar.

Insomniac

:mad: Enough with the stupid polls!!! SORRY AS LONG AS INDY IS STILL OUT THERE AFTER ARTAFACTS IT WILL BE A GREAT MOVIE.

ValenciaGrail

IJ and the Lost Ark of Noah......

Noah's Ark would have been a perfect MacGuffin for an IJ film, although it's already been done in one of the novels (Genesis Deluge)
We've seen the Ark of the Covenant and the Holy Grail...why not an expedition to Ararat, with Speilberg-esque supernatural twists? To boot, in that part of the world, there would have been valid reason for Sallah to be involved.

Missed opportunites...:(

sandiegojones

Yes, I liked it. And for those who didn't, I'm sorry. To the outright rude and equally venomous posters who hated it and bash on us who did, I'm glad you are disappointed.

It's funny how these threads bring out haters (and by that I don't just mean those who didn't like it, but the attackers, everyone has a right to their opinion) who've never been here or posted here.

It's kinda like gophers climbing out of their holes. ;)