• Definately no

Votes: 31 20.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 27 17.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Matthew

Perhilion said:
No, it's that your tastes differ from mine. And when someone says they couldn't believe "real fans" like it, that implies that they think those are in fact not real fans.
Well now you're just choosing to skew your perception to a desired side of things, no wonder you were able to find Kotcs a good Indy film!

Really though, our tastes do differ and I'm pretty sure you're a real fan, if posting that much is not evidence enough.

Dr Jones

They SHOULD have made KOTCS for sure.

We needed this sort of Indy film in all honesty.

It's not a failure, just NOTHING like we were expecting, hence that twang of dissapointment...but hey, we can't all be pleased!

It was a great Summer head-start to see real action and hart-stopping chases and adventure, no CGI flying men or cartoon animals for once!!

A great way to introduce Indiana Jones to a younger generation fascinated with the sci-fi element...it's just great fun and a welcome return!!

(y)

dgrove02

I mean that it was a tribute because it had a little bit of each other film in there... the action/adventure from Raiders, the dark and dreary side from Temple, and the comedy and family like relationship from Last Crusade. I feel that it was all of that with a new adventure. Definitely a tribute for all of those Indy fans out there.

A Centenarian Indy? Why not? I mean, it's become such a farce of itself already that we're not too far from it now. They could throw in all the slapstick and humor of watching decrepit Old Indy still dressed in a fedora and leather jacket use his whip to swing across the sidewalk. I think that's a great idea for Indy 5 when we finally get to see it in another 20 years. (y)

FILMKRUSC

ValenciaGrail said:
Noah's Ark would have been a perfect MacGuffin for an IJ film, although it's already been done in one of the novels (Genesis Deluge)
We've seen the Ark of the Covenant and the Holy Grail...why not an expedition to Ararat, with Speilberg-esque supernatural twists? To boot, in that part of the world, there would have been valid reason for Sallah to be involved.

Missed opportunites...:(

That's actually a great idea for a IJ film.

I'm just shocked that after all these years and all the scripts KOTCS was the best they could come up with - so I would have to say No, it should not have been made.

Horchata

I've seen it twice, and can't wait to get back to the movies and see it a few more times. Like some people said... Regardless of its flaws, it was terrific and entertaining. I loved it! Ive got my fingers crossed for INDY V

indyrcks

well i think the movie is brilliant it may not be to everyone's taste and does Harrison care if people didn't like it or not

Mickiana

Too right Way of the Dodo. The arrogance of the Haters is that they think it should not have been made at all because they didn't like it. Seems it's a hard lesson to learn that the world doesn't revolve around them. But at least they are the masters of their key boards.

indyrcks

I know like I think the movie is a classic and I don't care what other people think but people have opinions

AnImaginaryBoy

Perhaps the film isn't quite worth the 19 year wait, but I'm glad it was made. It definitely has it's problems, but on the whole, I found it very enjoyable and a lot of fun, and it's just great to see a childhood hero of mine back on the big screen. So yeah, it should have been made!

emtiem

There can't be any Indy fans who'd rather not have an Indy film, are there?

It wasn't the best, but I wasn't expecting that anyway; it's got flaws, but we got to see Indy giving some baddies a knuckle sandwich again, plus we got a whole new fab Williams score... yeah of course it should have been made. You can't say that someone should never have tried even if you think they failed: otherwise no-one would ever achieve anything.

emtiem

ResidentAlien said:

Why? If you didn't like it how can it possibly harm you? And why would you want to deny those of your fellow fans who did enjoy it the chance to watch it?
I think Young Indy was utter tripe that completely missed the point of Indiana Jones, but I wouldn't want to burn all copies of the DVDs so that no-one could ever watch it. I'm glad they had a bash at Young Indy, I think it's a desperate shame that only the few minutes of Mystery of the Blues that Harrison appeared in came anywhere near to being what Indiana Jones is, but as it doesn't affect me at all I simply choose to not watch it.

ResidentAlien said:
A boring, recycled Williams score. Yaaawn.

No, it was excellent- one of the best scores of the year. Have another listen.

emtiem said:
Why? If you didn't like it how can it possibly harm you? And why would you want to deny those of your fellow fans who did enjoy it the chance to watch it?
I think Young Indy was utter tripe that completely missed the point of Indiana Jones, but I wouldn't want to burn all copies of the DVDs so that no-one could ever watch it. I'm glad they had a bash at Young Indy, I think it's a desperate shame that only the few minutes of Mystery of the Blues that Harrison appeared in came anywhere near to being what Indiana Jones is, but as it doesn't affect me at all I simply choose to not watch it.

No, it was excellent- one of the best scores of the year. Have another listen.

Ever hear the phrase, "less is more"?

And no thanks. I don't need to abuse my ears on that prepackaged tripe when there's so much good music to hear. Reusing the Ark Theme, Grail Theme, Short Round's theme too if I recall... Why? Because Williams is just as washed up as everyone else involved in that sorry mess.

emtiem

ResidentAlien said:
Ever hear the phrase, "less is more"?

a) That's just a soundbite; not a reply to what I said,
b) Are we still talking about Indiana Jones films? These aren't exactly stripped-down Dogme arthouse efforts- they're exercises in excess! With Indy, more is more! :)

ResidentAlien said:
And no thanks. I don't need to abuse my ears on that prepackaged tripe when there's so much good music to hear. Reusing the Ark Theme, Grail Theme, Short Round's theme too if I recall... Why? Because Williams is just as washed up as everyone else involved in that sorry mess.

Well, you're wrong. It's the weakest Indy score but that still makes it a very good score: if you're not expecting to hear to old themes then probably a sequel isn't the thing to buy the soundtrack of, let alone the third sequel.
And no; no Short Round or Grail theme in there: there's the Jones family/Henry Sr. theme in there, but not on the CD. The new themes are very decent indeed, however. I'm glad the film and album came out: I imagine you are too in some way otherwise you wouldn't take the enjoyment of bashing it on this thread. If it was that awful why not just forget it and move on? Use your time for something you actually enjoy: unless you're actually rather happy that it did come out so you can have fun spending your time trashing it on here.

indyrcks

Look are you guys going to bash Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull for ever I just think they made it fun and who cares if there were no booby traps or exciting bits in it and I thought the flying saucer was awesome in an Indiana Jones film like it wasn't like the alien was all the way through it. so stop whining about it it is still a Indiana Jones film:whip: