How does Short Round die?

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
Renderking Fisk said:
Hey, I love children. I love them so much I made one with my wife and God's help. The idea of a child dying or suffering makes me want to get out my pistol and go hunt down some Nazi's or Thuggs.

So, I have to disagree. Respectfully.
I agree, Ren. However, this thread is about an older, 1950s era Shorty. So I wouldn't feel bad about him dying then.;)

HovitosKing

Renderking Fisk, how can you even suggest that this post is about killing children? Of course it's about killing off Short Round once he has aged and isn't the weak, helpless thing he was in Temple of Doom. No manner of twisting the topic will convince me that Mr. Round should live! No!

Webley

Renderking Fisk said:
Cause you know deep DEEP in your heart, you know you love him too? more then Webley, even.[/B]

HovitosKing you should come out of the closat and tell the world your a Short Roun lover.

bob

When i went away this was a nice reasonable discussion

I return 3 days later and find that it has turned into mudslinging about the death of a 10 year old.

What happened!

Webley

bob said:
When i went away this was a nice reasonable discussion

I return 3 days later and find that it has turned into mudslinging about the death of a 10 year old.

What happened!

I think all that is being said hear is out of fun and no one is geting mad or upset.

Hay you all no how I love Mr. Round and Im cool with this, I meen if the kids got to go the kids got to go.

HovitosKing

After much soul searching, I have come to the conclusion that Short Round was actually a spy working for the Nazis in an attempt to get close to Indiana Jones and report on his movements. His mission was not to kill Jones, mind you, but to simply report on his whereabouts and activities. I see right through you, Mr. Round. You're not fooling me...

Webley

Re: About the amazing Short Round, an excellent 'side-kick,' ooofff

Eric1975 said:
I think that Shorty was a great character and I would love to see if they can maybe cameo him as an older character dining somewhere with Indy, and a fortune cookie says something intruiging about a legendary weapon that just may not be so legendary after all. Excalibur, of course.

Mybe he dies eating the fortune cookie.

Brown Fedora

Mainly because Shanghai is bombed in 1937 [/B][/QUOTE]

Actually, Shortround's parents were killed in the Shanghai bombing.. I believe it's in the novel, and in the script.

It's not hard to believe the Japanese could have killed him some other time.. they were in China until 1945, after all.

-Fed-

Eric1975

The rest of the idea. . .

I think I posted something about this in another part of the forums but here it goes again. I just saw the movie Revelation with Udo Kier playing the villainous grandmaster character. The movie was rather strange and didn't really make a whole lot of sense to me, however his presence as a villain is really superb along with another good actor Christopher Walken. I think maybe having those two as part of a Germanic/Russian secret society or order that was founded upon the recovering of Excalibur from the Emerald isles or from a Scandanavian country with the belief that if this could be done, that they would be able, similar like Hitler's belief of the spear, to conquer Europe. It could be shortly after WWII and just before the Cold War Era, and Indy could be meeting up with an older Shorty in one of the U.S.s' chinatowns like Chicago or San Francisco. Like I said, I need to find out where in Russia that statue of the woman holding a sword pointing towards the West is located, it might be Moscow, but I'm not exactly sure. If anyone from Lucasfilm or any other occupation might be able to read this and they think this idea is of good use, please feel free to do so, but whatever the case, it is just great to hear about one last Indy movie, and it will be awesome to see Harrison play that part again. Happy holidays from the Midwest everyone, Eric1975

I do not think that Short Round's character needs further development. I like Short Round but hey does Jacque or Captain Katanga get on screen closure this is not the SW prequels things like that does not need explanation.

gear01

The fate of Shorty

Short Round the young entrepreneur, always looking to increase productivity in his taxi business, happened upon the idea of attaching Chinese rockets to his rickshaw. Unfortunately the initial test launched him into the Sea of China and he was never heard from again.

-gear01

Pantheon

Poor Willie...

Hey! Watch your mouth when you say something about Willie! (laughs!)
I don't consider neither Short Round nor Willie the most annoying Indy character: 'This Oscar goes to' Marion or even to that stupid monkey in RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK.
Please, people: Stop with this exaggerated criticism about Willie Scott!