It's May 1st, where are the Indy toys?

gringo

GeorgeL said:
I've been told that before! :D

Trust me pal. I've been around longer than you think and can pick out a scalper in the middle of grand central station at 7:00am. I know all the local scalpers. I've been collecting toys since 1975. I dont buy to resell for profits. I know of those who do.

In fact whenever I am in the toy store I help children and moms find the figures they dont see on the pegs because rat bastard scalpers store them in the toys r us overhead compartments. You know why they put them up there? So they can go home and check ebay on going rates before they buy. Sometimes I smash those too and leave them up there. I wish I had a camera in the store to see the look on their faces when they go back.

I bend cards at scalping stores and in front of scalpers. Its not everyday so dont worry deckard. At ease cadet.:hat:

I teach people lessons in hopes they don?t commit these atrocious crimes again.

You can call me the action figure enforcer. ok?

You are what we call a 'troll'. If this is true, then I hope I don't find your ... in a store doing that crap. I would lay you out and enjoy every second of it. You are the reason people look at us collector as 'a-holes'.
Just so you know. You could actually get arrested for doing that crap. It is considered 'destruction of property'.

mfisher

You could actually get arrested for doing that crap. It is considered 'destruction of property'.

yeah.. I can see an officer jumping all over that arrest :rolleyes:

Granted, bending the cards is pretty lame because not everyone going out the buy the figures are scalpers... but I gotta admit, you pissing off the scalpers in their face is pretty damned funny....

Indy Black

My Wal-mart had a tiny section of Indy toys on the shelf today, what a shocker. The basics are $6.94, the action heros around that and there was no sighn of the 12 inch figures.

The toy whip plays the Indy theme:whip: lame but made me laugh.

MankindRam

Oh Man I just spent way too much on Figures. Bought all the Adventure Heroes, and some regualr sized Indies and the Cargo Truck. I still have yet to see Marion or Spalko at any of the TRU I have been too.

Crack that whip

Despite my doubts I decided to hit the Kmart here today, and found they did have some of the Adventure Heroes. Nothing else.

I have yet to see any 12" figures anywhere, and most of the other toys I've seen so far only at Toys 'R' Us, (which also has the M&M's and Snickers, incidentally). I should note, though, I've avoided checking Wal-Mart. The DVD Adventure Game I've seen at Best Buy.

I also have yet to see, as I've previously mentioned, any of the books (with the exception of the big anthology reprinting of the first three movie novelizations) and any of the Heritage cards (whether hobby or retail). In fact, I haven't even found anywhere online to get the retail versions (the hobby ones I can at least order). For all I know, there's not one single place in the world that's selling the retail cards, and it's therefore harder to get even just one of those 1-in-every-8-packs magnets than it is to get a complete set of Lucas, Spielberg and Ford autographs from the hobby set. I know that can't really be true, but I don't actually remember seeing any evidence to the contrary.

Mr. Z

I finally got a hold of some figs today, so I'm really happy. :D

1) Marion Ravenwood (Raiders of the Lost Ark-Streets of Cairo)
2) Indiana Jones (Kingdom of the Crystal Skull-Crystal Skull)
3) Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark-Idol Grab)
4) Indiana Jones (Kingdom of the Crystal Skull-Bazooka)
5) Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark-Streets of Cairo)
6) Irina Spalko (Kingdom of the Crystal Skull)

I felt like that was a pretty good hall.

Purposely bending cards ... I don't know man. I think that's kinda lame, as well as destructive. I hate scalpers as much as anyone, but I'm not going to tamper with nice stuff that a young boy or girl deserves to enjoy in great condition.

Crack that whip

Sure - though in fairness, remember to most normal people the cards and the rest of the packaging are just trash. They open the figures and throw the packaging away.

Mr. Z

Crack that whip said:
Sure - though in fairness, remember to most normal people the cards and the rest of the packaging are just trash. They open the figures and throw the packaging away.

True, there are a fair amount like that, but let the consumer make the choice. I don't know about "normal" though (not that you meant it negatively), as I don't usually open my stuff, but only because I like displaying it in box (I don't like to keep track of all the accessories ;) ). I'd NEVER sell my stuff, especially not in a hiked up fashion.

Niteshade007

I've seen some of the books at Albertsons (on Monroe, Crack that Whip) about a week or two ago. I don't remember what they were. I think one of them had a wolf on the cover. And there may have been another one about an egg. I didn't really show an interest in them, I just wanted ice cream, lol.

I saw some big figures at a Target today, but the only one I saw was Mutt. There were only a couple of action figures. There were a couple Indy's (one Crystal Skull, one ROTLA), a Dovchenko, a Mutt, and a German Soldier. There was a double pack with Marion and the Swordsman, but that was it. They had been wiped out.

blueseattle

I went on my own adventure today. I wanted to get some KotCS stuff like a Mutt or Indy figure, so I walked part of the way to Target, took a cab for the rest when it started pouring, and then walked all the way back!

What did I get?

They had a VERY lousy set up with three or four 12 inch dolls, a Potato Head, a bunch of the stupid whips, and all the Legos. I bought a Jungle Duel Lego set and a box of Corn Flakes with Indy on it, though I found a small Dr. Pepper with Indy on it while walking home.

Am I bummed? The walk made it worth it.. felt like an adventure, really.

Tomorrow? TRU!

Wugmanmax

Toys R Us was the only "guaranteed" place to find them here in MN. I found some at one of the Wal-Marts, and Target has nothing and clueless employees. :mad: We (meaning my kids and I) found mostly everything, EXCEPT the ones we wanted: the Deluxe Indy figures. Grrr. Perhaps we will check Target tomorrow.:gun:

Katarn07

Not reading all these posts here, but just a quick update:

After going to my Wal-Mart yesterday and having them refuse to sell them to me, I went out on a road trip. One of my sisters tagged along so the car ride wasn't so bad. But I ended up using over a quarter tank of gas! I went to two TRUs and managed to get almost all of the figures. I asked my dad to stop at the one on the way home from his work. He did, but they only had four empty pegs and had no other stock to put out yet. He decided to go to a Wal-Mart and got a few more. Guess which Wal-Mart he went to? Ours. If I was a jerk, I'd call up the district manager and file a complaint against those ignorant idiots. They thought they knew more than me, huh? I have a feeling that someone with tnswman's kindred spirit paid them a visit and made better progress than I did.

I did not see any two-packs or Indy with the Ark. Are these out? I passed on Marion because I wanted her with that thug. The only figures I think I'm missing other than those are the Russian Soldier and the Cemetery Warrior.

Mr. Z

Billy Ray said:
Right now it looks like Spalko and the Ugha warrior are the hardest to find.

Ok, that's what I figured. Thanks Billy Ray. :hat: I have Spalko already, so that is a relief.

Vlad Dracula

Billy Ray said:
Right now it looks like Spalko and the Ugha warrior are the hardest to find.

The Cemetery Warrior seems pretty hard to find too.

Oddly enough, the single carded figure I had the most trouble finding was Marion.

IndySeven

Ok, so I went to Wal-Mart yesterday, and the shelves are jam packed with Indy figures! I managed to get my hands on one of only 2 Raiders Indy w/Jacket figures left. They had mostly German Soldiers, some deluxe sets, and Cairo Swordsmen. I also went to Target, where the shelves were mostly filled with Streets of Cairo Indy figures. Well, I'm just glad that I got my Raiders Indy!(y)

IndySeven

Katarn07 said:
I did not see any two-packs or Indy with the Ark. Are these out? I passed on Marion because I wanted her with that thug. The only figures I think I'm missing other than those are the Russian Soldier and the Cemetery Warrior.

Yep, they're out. I went to Wal-Mart and Target and there are a lot of the Indy with Ark and Marion w/ Thug there.(y)

Mr. Z

Vlad Dracula said:
The Cemetery Warrior seems pretty hard to find too.

Oddly enough, the single carded figure I had the most trouble finding was Marion.

I had to go to Toysrus.com for Marion; she was hiding in a basket. (y)