Anyone else hate the dress that Belloq gave Marion?

Robyn

I for one always hated the dress Belloq gave Marion, I always thought it looked somewhat cheesy... I especially hated the puffy flower thing on the back. To me it seemed like a "champagne villain" like Belloq would have given her something a bit more expensive/glamorous looking?

The Drifter

Robyn said:
I for one always hated the dress Belloq gave Marion, I always thought it looked somewhat cheesy... I especially hated the puffy flower thing on the back. To me it seemed like a "champagne villain" like Belloq would have given her something a bit more expensive/glamorous looking?

It looked like something the bride figure on wedding cakes would wear. I disliked it as well.

Robyn

Lonsome_Drifter said:
It looked like something the bride figure on wedding cakes would wear. I disliked it as well.

Yeah that's a good way to describe it! It looked like a cheesy wedding cake topper.... Even the concept drawings for that dress looked better than what it ending up looking like.

DocWhiskey

I thought it looked fine when Indy ripped much of the lower half off. But then again any attractive woman with less clothing looks fine to me.

What were we talking about again?

Gutters?

Robyn

Funny Doc ;) That ugly dress deserved nothing less than to be ripped.

Anybody know if this pic of Karen in this dress had anything to do with Raiders?

Karen%2520Allen.jpg

Indy Scout 117

Robyn said:

Anybody know if this pic of Karen in this dress had anything to do with Raiders?

Karen%2520Allen.jpg
i liked that dress...i agree with Doc!! ;) to answer your question, i dont think so...that doesnt look like her dress from Raiders...

Insomniac

Robyn said:

Karen%2520Allen.jpg
WOW.
She's beautiful!
where did you get this picture?
To me it looks like a screen test or a final casting call where they gave the actors a mock up of the costume and took promo photos and they might have also let them read to see if they are the perfect actor for the part!

But really where did you get that!!!

BTW I hate that 80's Prom dress that Belloq gave her!!!!

Indy Scout 117

Insomniac said:
WOW.
She's beautiful!
To me it looks like a screen test or a final casting call where they gave the actors a mock up of the costume and took promo photos and they might have also let them read to see if they are the perfect actor for the part!

i agree with that part. she is very good lookin' in that picture. :cool:

Robyn

Mickiana said:
I liked the one that Katanga gave her much more.

I agree that dress was much better, but I always thought it was a nightgown..

Insomniac said:
WOW.
She's beautiful!

BTW I hate that 80's Prom dress that Belloq gave her!!!!

Ha! Yeah it could definitely pass as a cheesy 80's prom dress lol

About the pic, I just found it sitting around in my picture folder on my laptop, I wish I knew where it came from. But I agree with you it does look like a screen test or a casting call photo with maybe a make shift lookalike of the Belloq one, although the dress in this picture looks much prettier!

Just doesn't seem fair that Willie and Elsa got to have the better looking dresses! lol

Insomniac

Robyn said:
although the dress in this picture looks much prettier!

Yes this one is a hell of a lot nicer and she looks amazing in it.
It looks a better fit into the period at least more than belloq's.

Robyn said:
Just doesn't seem fair that Willie and Elsa got to have the better looking dresses! lol

By far the best is Katanga's silk dress.:sleep:

Robyn

Insomniac said:
By far the best is Katanga's silk dress.:sleep:

Yeah out of all the dresses Marion got to wear the one Katanga gave her was the best, but Willie's nightclub dress was the coolest, it's a shame Marion never got to have a dress like that..

Burke

Well, they WERE out in the desert. Perhaps it was trucked in from Cairo and the selection in the local shops was less than vast.

indyclone25

could have been the style in the thirties for the french? you never know , it was in rene's tent could have been his? now that would be an interesting storyline?
:D

Chicago Jones

hahaha great topic

I actually hated the dress as well. It looked cheap for a man of his stature. He could have gotten something else for fitting and sexier for her, cause he basically got the dress to get in her pants:cool:

Jack Nelligan

Chicago Jones said:
hahaha great topic

I actually hated the dress as well. It looked cheap for a man of his stature. He could have gotten something else for fitting and sexier for her, cause he basically got the dress to get in her pants:cool:

Some questions about the dress?????

Where did he get and why did he have on hand?
Did he go on a quick shopping spree after the captured Marion?
Does he just keep women?s clothes in his bag just in case?
Maybe he wore it himself?

Robyn

Jack Nelligan said:
Some questions about the dress?????

Where did he get and why did he have on hand?
Did he go on a quick shopping spree after the captured Marion?
Does he just keep women?s clothes in his bag just in case?
Maybe he wore it himself?

Plus the dress AND the shoes just happen to be the right size? lol;)