The Premier Thread

Darth Vile

Well the two bastions of news/journalism for me are the Guardian newspaper and the BBC. The Guardian seems to think it's ok, but again questions wether a fourth installment was needed (fair enough comment, as they said the same about LC)... and the BBC gives it a resounding thumbs up.

So from my perspective, it's official, the media have given it a positive review. So whilst I'll await my own findings, I feel like I can let out sigh of relief. :D

lynchpin

A complete lie, but worth a laugh anyway.

mov_9.jpg

indyflys_solo

You guys don't know what kind of self-control it's taking not to click on every single one of your links right now. I'm trying to avoid MAJOR spoilers, but I can't help it... I may subcumb to temptation VERY soon.... :eek:

indyflys_solo

All right, I did it. Thankfully (I guess?), Rotten Tomatoes didn't tell me anything I didn't already know. Now, on to those other links... NOOOO!!!!!:eek:

Bantu_Wind

The "Hat-off"

Victoria Alexander writes:
"I'm not at all happy about the "hat-over" to the next Indiana Jones. Unfortunately, its Steven Spielberg and George Lucas's personal pick, Shia LaBeouf. (Howard Hughes created Jean Harlow, Spielberg-Lucas have LaBeouf.) He's not sexy enough or tough enough to take over the Indiana Jones mantle. He's got a dumb look about him and irregular, non-leading man features."

I couldn't agree more. No way can Shia Laboef take over the franchise. He's small and goofy looking. It's Harrison Ford, or bust!

Darth Vile

Bantu_Wind,

You really have to look beyond that my friend. I don't think anyone wants an Indy movie without Harrison, but what I think is being prposed is a Mutt Jones franchise with Shia, obviously, in lead role... and he's certinaly good enough for that. Looks, height etc. should not come into it. Of Shia's movies I've seen thus far, he is more than capable of leading a movie.

bergstrom

Darth Vile said:
Bantu_Wind,

You really have to look beyond that my friend. I don't think anyone wants an Indy movie without Harrison, but what I think is being prposed is a Mutt Jones franchise with Shia, obviously, in lead role... and he's certinaly good enough for that. Looks, height etc. should not come into it. Of Shia's movies I've seen thus far, he is more than capable of leading a movie.

Lead a movie, fine.

Lead an Indy movie, no no no no no no....!!!:gun: :whip:

nzlc

I always ruin films i just cant not i know what happens in this one and i got the script for shias next movie eagle eye about a month ago i cant not

Darth Vile

bergstrom,

Who is talking about Shia leading an Indiana Jones movie? I can't see that unless they do a prequel with Shia playing a young Indy (which is always possible)...

bergstrom

nzlc said:
He means Shia doing a spin-off of Indy As Mutt williams(the lead) and Ford in it as his father

No, don't want that either. Sorry. Just Indy in an Indy film. make reference to mutt staying with marion while Indy goes off on adventure.

berg

Darth Vile

If they want to do a distint and seperate movie of Mutt Jones e.g. 'Mutt Williams and the Sword of Destiny' with Indiana guestting in it, I don't see what the issue is.

Amdrag

Darth Vile said:
If they want to do a distint and seperate movie of Mutt Jones e.g. 'Mutt Williams and the Sword of Destiny' with Indiana guestting in it, I don't see what the issue is.

Way I see it, it is the same reason the expanded Star Wars universe doesn't work. You don't want to play around with the kids of the big three. You want to follow the big three. Do what they are doing. Sharing their adventures.

A Mutt Williams series can never work because he isn't Indy. These film and their style works because of Ford playing Henry Jones the II.

Darth Vile

A Mutt Jones movie will live and die on it's own merits. If it doesn't work, it wont' hurt Indy or the Indy movies that have gone before it... For example, I don't count down the days to the soon to be released animated Clone Wars movie, but if it's good I'll go and watch it/buy the DVD...

The onus will be on them to make a good Mutt movie, if it's not a good movie, that franchize will have a sudden death...