Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings

Rhys135

Nintendo DS screen's :-

3.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

Link

Look's pretty good - top screen seem's to show you next objective and/or give hints.

JackBurton

Looks good (y)
I like the Diary Style for the mission objectives.
Oh, and Indy still has his bag. Whatever happended to it on the Wii Version:D

The Tingler

Rhys135 said:

3.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

Link

Look's pretty good - top screen seem's to show you next objective and/or give hints.

Actually... yeah, they do!

Why I like them:

1. No health bars above enemies.
2. The ****ing satchel is there!!

DocWhiskey

Rhys135 said:

3.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

Link

Oh, Nintendo DS you're such an underrated little system. I'm going to wish upon a star tonight that you give us a great pocket sized Indy adventure.

EvilDevo

Something doesn't seem quite right about the DS top screen images either. "Access kitchen" and "Move blocks"? Doesn't exactly sound like goals found in a gripping, movie-driven story. Also, notice for me, if you will... the difference between the first and last two screens. Fortune and Glory VS Fortune & Glory. Perhaps these are images from earlier in development...?

Morning Bell

DocWhiskey said:
What was the last handheld game that had a gripping story anyway?

Handheld games have always been light on story.

True, although the DS does have a quite a few mystery and RPGs that are pretty heavy on story-line and depth. Perhaps the DS version is just an abridged adaptation or something.

EvilDevo

DocWhiskey said:
What was the last handheld game that had a gripping story anyway?

Handheld games have always been light on story.

Yoshi Touch & Go.

See, you had to move forward, right? And throw these eggs at stuff...

and then, like, there was the whole complex plot involving where those eggs actually came from. And while you were trying to figure that out, you had to travel between different periods in time to solve the mystery behind 25 different co-conspirators working to assist an alien invasion of our solar system.

or something.

Agent Crab

Morning Bell said:
True, although the DS does have a quite a few mystery and RPGs that are pretty heavy on story-line and depth. Perhaps the DS version is just an abridged adaptation or something.

Final Fantasy IV and Chrono Trigger DS anyone?

Missing arm bands on the Nazis? Reminded me of the English version of Bionic Commando.

|ZiR|

June 30th suddenly seems like a very long way off. :(

Agent Crab said:
Final Fantasy IV and Chrono Trigger DS anyone?

Don't those have added senarios and elements that they weren't able to put into the SNES versions, though?

Agent Crab

|ZiR| said:
June 30th suddenly seems like a very long way off. :(

Don't those have added senarios and elements that they weren't able to put into the SNES versions, though?

Chrono Trigger is basically the same as it was on the SNES... Well, considering it has the cut scenes that were presented in the PS1 version. You can turn 'em off.

There was a reworked script and someminor changes to items and such. Aswell refernces to alcohol are present in the DS game as it was in the Super Famicom version.

Then there are newer quests such as the quest where you aid the Reptites, a differnt quest and a mini game with a monster arena.

FF4 is just a remake with a face lift. Adding some mini games and such.