Indy Figures Hit Shelves!

The_Raiders

Yeah, I would want to do thesame, but I can't drive yet, but I can walk to the store if no one gives me a ride! :p

Indy's Fist

On Saturday 4/19/08 I found the only Indy item at a local Toys R Us...the cloth whip with whip crack sound and music and that was it. I'm pretty pissed because the Star Wars merchandise was released like 2 months before each respective move in 1999,2002 & 2005. Here we the Indy fans get to hold our collective breaths until they deside to release our favorite toys and wait. (n)

IrishJedi

Indy's Fist said:
On Saturday 4/19/08 I found the only Indy item at a local Toys R Us...the cloth whip with whip crack sound and music and that was it. I'm pretty pissed because the Star Wars merchandise was released like 2 months before each respective move in 1999,2002 & 2005. Here we the Indy fans get to hold our collective breaths until they deside to release our favorite toys and wait. (n)

It's because Spielberg hates spoilers (and I applaud him, actually). If he had his way, nothing would come out until AFTER the movie opened. Consider the May 1 date a compromise.

Indy's Fist

IrishJedi said:
It's because Spielberg hates spoilers (and I applaud him, actually). If he had his way, nothing would come out until AFTER the movie opened. Consider the May 1 date a compromise.

Yeah, but phase one of these toys are based on Raiders, not the new movie. I can't see the harm in that.

Okay,
Is 5/01/08 the actual release date or is this an estimated date?
I have this bad feeling that must stores will not even be selling any Indy stuff next Thursday. Items will just start to appear sometime after the 05/01/08 date? Again, what do you think?
:confused:

Indy's Fist

I gues time will tell. I'm not too worried. I'm guessing the stores will be flooded with Indy stuff shortly. Plenty for all of us!

IndySeven

BenderJones said:
Okay,
Is 5/01/08 the actual release date or is this an estimated date?
I have this bad feeling that must stores will not even be selling any Indy stuff next Thursday. Items will just start to appear sometime after the 05/01/08 date? Again, what do you think?
:confused:

I'm pretty sure it's gonna be released on May 1st. When the Star Wars Episode III line came out back in '05, the release date was April 2nd, and, sure enough, they came out that day. I'm pretty sure the same thing will happen to the Indy line, it's gonna come out on time!(y)

Great...I haven't found any yet, so I'm hoping they will be out. Besides, I'm thinking about taking the day off from to go look. :D ...

IndySeven

It's Not Fair!

I can't believe it!

Today I went to my local Wal-Mart, and was shocked to see a lot of the Raiders of the Lost Ark figures on the shelves! I saw Indy w/Jacket, Indy Without Jacket, German Soldier, and Cairo Swordsman! I grabbed the Indy w/Jacket and went to pay for it, but it wouldn't scan! Apparently, the cashier said that they're not supposed to sell it yet!

Then why did they have it on the shelves!

Rats! I was getting so excited!:(

I thought that I'd be getting an Indy figure early, but I guess not. Oh well, May 1st is only a week away!(y)

RaiderMitch

TR.N Staff Member
Happened to me in Milford, CT -- I found all the Lego Skull sets and went to buy them and the register said "NOT IN SYSTEM" and the clerk came and took them and said they weren't supposed to be out until May 1st!

Shemp

IndySeven said:
I can't believe it!

Today I went to my local Wal-Mart, and was shocked to see a lot of the Raiders of the Lost Ark figures on the shelves! I saw Indy w/Jacket, Indy Without Jacket, German Soldier, and Cairo Swordsman! I grabbed the Indy w/Jacket and went to pay for it, but it wouldn't scan! Apparently, the cashier said that they're not supposed to sell it yet!

I thought that I'd be getting an Indy figure early, but I guess not. Oh well, May 1st is only a week away!(y)

Did they just have Raiders figs, or Crystal Skull as well?

Indy's Fist

IndySeven said:
I can't believe it!

You should have loaded the figures into your cart and walked out. I mean if they refuse to sell them...take them! Indy would have!:D "Wal*Mart employees, I hate these guys!"

WillKill4Food

Indy's Fist said:
You should have loaded the figures into your cart and walked out. I mean if they refuse to sell them...take them! Indy would have!:D "Wal*Mart employees, I hate these guys!"
Um, okay.
I think I would try to forcefully pay the people for them and complain until they let me buy them, but to steal?
Does anyone really want to be in the News because they stole Indy figs? :rolleyes:
I hope that was sarcasm.

Indy's Fist

WillKill4Food said:
Um, okay.
I think I would try to forcefully pay the people for them and complain until they let me buy them, but to steal?
Does anyone really want to be in the News because they stole Indy figs? :rolleyes:
I hope that was sarcasm.

I guess you'd kill for food but you're above stealing toys.
Yeah..it was a joke.;)