Should Indy V even happen?

Glenville86

Needs to be a really good script. Disney will reboot it eventually after the next movie with Ford.

More CGI monkeys and such will not cut it....lol

Indy Jones

Raiders112390 said:
I mean is it really something anyone wants?

The question is, do you want it? If so, then that's all that matters.

I think you get too worked up about what other people think about the prospect and the possibilities. It doesn't matter what other people think--only what you think.

I think KOTCS is better than LC and I adore the film. A lot of people don't. I don't give a damn.

You want Indy 5 with Harrison? Excellent. Others don't. Why should you care?

Forbidden Eye

Indiana Jones is too big and too beloved a series with too rich of a history to never do anything with the character ever again, so yes, there definitely should be an Indy 5.

The best way to approach that(a 5th one with Ford, a reboot with a younger actor etc.) is the big debate that pretty much dominates this entire forum these days.

Frankly, I'll see whatever they do. Considering Ford is still up for it right now and is pretty healthy, I'd assume close the curtain with one more starring him, then Disney can do whatever they want in terms of rebooting.

As long as they don't make the mistake they're making with Star Wars by making a film every single year(though at this point in time, too much Indy sounds better than too little) I'll be happy.

TheFedora

Forbidden Eye said:
Indiana Jones is too big and too beloved a series with too rich of a history to never do anything with the character ever again, so yes, there definitely should be an Indy 5.

The best way to approach that(a 5th one with Ford, a reboot with a younger actor etc.) is the big debate that pretty much dominates this entire forum these days.

Frankly, I'll see whatever they do. Considering Ford is still up for it right now and is pretty healthy, I'd assume close the curtain with one more starring him, then Disney can do whatever they want in terms of rebooting.

As long as they don't make the mistake they're making with Star Wars by making a film every single year(though at this point in time, too much Indy sounds better than too little) I'll be happy.

Agreed, there is a ton of potential, I mean I hope we get a big push with Indy 5 when it comes, I mean tie in comics, video games, toys, merchandise, etc. There's a lot you can do with the franchise, and people will pay for it.

Raiders90

Indy Jones said:
The question is, do you want it? If so, then that's all that matters.

I think you get too worked up about what other people think about the prospect and the possibilities. It doesn't matter what other people think--only what you think.

I think KOTCS is better than LC and I adore the film. A lot of people don't. I don't give a damn.

You want Indy 5 with Harrison? Excellent. Others don't. Why should you care?

To be honest, even with Harrison, it's not something I view something I really want. Even if Harrison were the sole star and such...I think the trilogy works great as a thing and KOTCS works as an epilogue. In that there's three films where the character has a rough arc and then KOTCS is the optional farewell/epilogue piece that you can take or leave.

I know people here mock it as 'fetishism' as if it's some sick sexual thing but the character really is defined by Harrison for me and I would neither want to see him embarrassed on-screen as the butt of old age jokes nor would I want him confined to the role of narrator, and less so would I want some new guy.

It's more just the series has been sullied enough. Why do we need more? Can't we let something die?

For a long time I wanted another King's Quest game no matter what, and what I got was this really, really stupid hipster game. And that taught me that sometimes it's just best to "let it go"...To let something die rather than selfishly ask for 'more, more, more.'

I also have reservations due to the way Disney has handled Star Wars. I don't want Indy's character ruined or have it be some feminist thing where Indy has to "check himself" from "mansplainin" and have him be one-upped in his own film by a female sidekick in 1968 who can do everything he does better, man, because she's an empowered woman.

Obviously the world doesn't revolve what I want or don't. But I see a lot more potential for disaster here given all the factors (Disney, Ford's age, Ford's role/how much/how little it will be) than success. As Henry Sr. said...let it go.

Pale Horse

Staff member
Raiders112390 said:
To be honest, even with Harrison, it's not something I view something I really want. ...Can't we let something die?...I see a lot more potential for disaster here given all the factors (Disney, Ford's age, Ford's role/how much/how little it will be) than success. As Henry Sr. said...let it go.

?Curiouser and curiouser!?

Hanselation

Yes I Want!

YES YES YES - I want it!
Indiana Jones 5 - Yeah -
with Harrion as Indiana Jones - Yeah -
Steven Spielberg as Director - Yeah -
John Williams as Composer -Yeah -
and hopefully a good script and some real good real stunts, but I dont care, because Disney knows what they are doing! (y)

Tibor

I second that! (y)

As a matter of fact, film two movies at once ala ?Back to the Future?. I?m good with that too. Then recast and make 10 more :D

Olliana

I third that.

Lucas was seen in Belfast visiting the GOT studios. Maybe some studio scouting for Indy? I highly doubt it though.

Drones33

Raiders112390 said:
To be honest, even with Harrison, it's not something I view something I really want. Even if Harrison were the sole star and such...I think the trilogy works great as a thing and KOTCS works as an epilogue. In that there's three films where the character has a rough arc and then KOTCS is the optional farewell/epilogue piece that you can take or leave.

I know people here mock it as 'fetishism' as if it's some sick sexual thing but the character really is defined by Harrison for me and I would neither want to see him embarrassed on-screen as the butt of old age jokes nor would I want him confined to the role of narrator, and less so would I want some new guy.

Obviously the world doesn't revolve what I want or don't. But I see a lot more potential for disaster here given all the factors (Disney, Ford's age, Ford's role/how much/how little it will be) than success. As Henry Sr. said...let it go.

Changed your mind? In the ?New Indy Actor? thread you seemed quite keen for Anthony Ingruber to take over in the role.

Z dweller

Drones33 said:
Changed your mind? In the ?New Indy Actor? thread you seemed quite keen for Anthony Ingruber to take over in the role.
Hot-n-cold-GIF-katheryn-elizabeth-hudson-32261108-500-272-1.gif

Raiders90

Drones33 said:

That was before I saw TLJ. Between their handling of Luke Skywalker's character in that film, and what looks to be an ungodly disaster with Solo, I've given up hope for Disney to not mismanage the Lucasfilm IPs.

Dr.Jonesy

Probably not.

As I've said before, if it had been made by 2013-ish, cool. But they've waited too long.

DARTH ZOIDBERG

Glenville86 said:
Needs to be a really good script. Disney will reboot it eventually after the next movie with Ford.

More CGI monkeys and such will not cut it....lol
I feel like All the Disney Star Wars movies have been great! The loud minority of fans didn't like Star Wars TLJ but in my experience talking to Star Wars Fanboys on message boards and friends and family most people loved TLJ especially after repeat viewings TLJ Is like a fine wine it gets better with age. And the Han Solo movie looks great. So I am sure Disney will make a really good Indiana Jones movie. I really liked Kingdome Of The Crystal Skull probably because I really dig Ancient Aliens and with everything going on in US Politics right now movies like Indy 4 and Muppets Most Wanted really resonate with there Russian Villains. But I know a lot of fans didn't care for Kingdome Of The Crystal Skull and I am sure Disney/Lucasfilm will give a ton of Fan Service/Homages to the original 3 Indiana Jones movies in Indy 5 to appease the fans who did not care for Indy 4...:whip:

Dr.Jonesy

DARTH ZOIDBERG said:
The loud minority of fans didn't like Star Wars TLJ...

If you think it's a minority - you might be deluding yourself. The backlash was real and it was strong.

DARTH ZOIDBERG

Dr.Jonesy said:
If you think it's a minority - you might be deluding yourself. The backlash was real and it was strong.
Have you ever ventured over to theforce.net message boards? The Boards have over 2,000 members most of them love the film. As do my family and friends.

Dr.Jonesy

DARTH ZOIDBERG said:
Have you ever ventured over to theforce.net message boards? The Boards have over 2,000 members most of them love the film. As do my family and friends.

There's 2,000 registered users. Doesn't mean they all post.

Even if they did, that is 2,000 out of the possibly billion people who saw the film.

For someone who mentioned a vocal minority - you fail to realize your social group and that very forum is a very small minority in and of itself. And die hard fans sometimes tend to be the most forgiving, to boot.

YouTube, RottenTomatoes, IMDB reviews, MetaCritic, other forums, online social media discussion is resoundingly negative and critical of the film. Just look anywhere online.

The box office patterns suggest also poor word of mouth.

DARTH ZOIDBERG

Dr.Jonesy said:
There's 2,000 registered users. Doesn't mean they all post.

Even if they did, that is 2,000 out of the possibly billion people who saw the film.

For someone who mentioned a vocal minority - you fail to realize your social group and that very forum is a very small minority in and of itself. And die hard fans sometimes tend to be the most forgiving, to boot.

YouTube, RottenTomatoes, IMDB reviews, MetaCritic, other forums, online social media discussion is resoundingly negative and critical of the film. Just look anywhere online.

The box office patterns suggest also poor word of mouth.
Heck of a lot of them post. And how about the hundreds of people my sister knows from her Church, She Is part of a Methodist Church Is close friends with hundreds of the church members plus people in her sorority and people she baby sat for and are know in there 20's They all love TLJ every one of them. What about that? I am not exaggerating by the way she knows that many people and they all love TLJ....

my mom loved it, my dad loved it, 2 of my sisters loved it I don't talk to my third sister don't know if she saw it, and both my nephews loved it! From my Experience people who either didn't like it the first time or didn't know how to process it because it was a lot to take in On second view they either liked it a lot more or loved it. I didn't know I loved It till I saw it a second time in a packed theater and It got a round of Applause! A lot of people who see it multiple times say it gets better each time. A lot of people that don't like from what I can see did not follow spoilers and didn't like the Luke Storyline but being that I got In to spoilers I didn't have a problem with Luke's Story Line because I new of It for over a year. I also loved The Canto Bight scenes thought Finn and Rose were cute together! and I did not have a problem with Snoke dying because his backstory can be explained in episode 9 as can The Knights Of Ren be explained in episode 9 Abrams Is one of my favorite Directors, IN ABRAMS WE TRUST that is how I look at it.

Last edited:

Pale Horse

Staff member
Raiders112390 said:
That was before I saw TLJ. Between their handling of Luke Skywalker's character in that film, and what looks to be an ungodly disaster with Solo, I've given up hope for Disney to not mismanage the Lucasfilm IPs.

True question, how do you define the 'handling of Luke's Character'? I thought it was flawless.