Indy 5 news 2017

Raiders90

Face_Palm said:
Lucasfilm cares about canon. The new actor will take place in the same continuity as Ford?s films.

If they cared about canon, why did they purge every singe item of the EU from canon (even those novels and games which wouldn't have intruded on their sequel series)?

I guarantee you there will be a reboot/remake separate from the present Harrison/SPF/Corey Carrier canon. At the very least, a soft reboot where the YIJC didn't happen while accepting the "broad strokes" of the Harrison films while overlooking (but not explicitly excluding) KOTCS.

Face_Melt

Raiders112390 said:
If they cared about canon, why did they purge every singe item of the EU from canon (even those novels and games which wouldn't have intruded on their sequel series)?

I guarantee you there will be a reboot/remake separate from the present Harrison/SPF/Corey Carrier canon. At the very least, a soft reboot where the YIJC didn't happen while accepting the "broad strokes" of the Harrison films while overlooking (but not explicitly excluding) KOTCS.

Notice everything purged from canon were games/ books/ tv series NOT made by Lucasfilm.

All of the worldwide theatrically released Lucasfilm Star Wars movies were solidified into canon, so we can expect the same with Indiana Jones.

DARTH ZOIDBERG

Dr.Jonesy said:
Also, South Park was parodying the response some fans had, as well. That show is not the be-all-end-all. The "Well, South Park did it so it must be fact" mantra so many like to use for any number of things is silly.

And the Prequels having a sizable fanbase that makes those who like KOTCS (we can throw in TOD in that mix because I had these same debates 15 years ago) seem small is more due to the sheer enormity of Star Wars fandom that even the niche circles are large.

It's more due to how big the fanbase of Star Wars is.

It would be like me saying that there's more Rolling Stones fans that enjoy the album Their Satanic Majesties Request than there are Alice Cooper fans that like Lace and Whiskey.

Well, duh. There's tenfold more Rolling Stones fans than Alice Cooper fans so that would be a given.

Star Wars fans are much more dedicated and numerous that die hard Indiana Jones fans.
I enjoy the prequels heck I enjoy all the content weather its PT, OT, or ST movies and the TV Shows, Books, video games, and comics. All this being said I feel the Prequels had way to much CGI where as the ST blends it better the stuff Neil Scanlon Is doing with animatronics is very old school and something that was lacking in the PT ...

Tibor

They won?t ?remake? Raiders. Just because we were introduced to the character in that film doesn?t mean every new actor has to be. It?s not an origin story. And honestly, it can?t be improved and with all the other stories out there and available, much better to move on to another one.

IndyForever

To save anyone the cost of actually buying it I checked out the new Spielberg themed & edited by Empire movie magazine today.

It contains zero info on Indy 5 & is heavily focused on Ready Player One.

IndyForever

hismasterplan said:
I doubt there will be any worthy news until at least summer or fall.
The question on the status is bound to be asked on Spielberg in mid to late March when he does the PR for Ready Player One.

DARTH ZOIDBERG

Pale Horse said:
We should here about the screenplay being finished, first. Before any of all that.
We already got An Announcement from Harrison about the script being finished In the GQ Magazine he was in. The script is Finished. what we are waiting on now Is Spielberg to announce that he Is filming Indy 5 like an actual date. :whip:

DARTH ZOIDBERG

I would think as not to overshadow Ready Player One we don't hear an announcement from Spielberg as to when filming for Indy 5 starts till almost after Ready Player One Is out of theaters.

Raiders90

It's starting to feel like vaporeware to me.

Listen, Ford may have demanded a fifth Indy in his contract...But that doesn't mean they have to honor it. Time isn't on his side. They just to have to drag it out, play the waiting game, and then have a nice "Dedicated to the Memory of Harrison Ford" in their reboot's intro.

Drones33

Raiders112390 said:

Listen, Ford may have demanded a fifth Indy in his contract...But that doesn't mean they have to honor it. Time isn't on his side. They just to have to drag it out, play the waiting game, and then have a nice "Dedicated to the Memory of Harrison Ford" in their reboot's intro.

That?s a little cynical.

DARTH ZOIDBERG

Raiders112390 said:

Disney Owns Indiana Jones now they are making It for two reasons 1. For The Fans. and 2. They plan to make a lot of money with It no Different then the box office for Disney Star Wars and especially If It Is the same great Quality as TFA, RO, and TLJ !!!

Raiders90

DARTH ZOIDBERG said:
Disney Owns Indiana Jones now they are making It for two reasons 1. For The Fans. and 2. They plan to make a lot of money with It no Different then the box office for Disney Star Wars and especially If It Is the same great Quality as TFA, RO, and TLJ !!!

Lol'ed. I can't wait to see Indy turned into a child murdering coward.

Z dweller

Raiders112390 said:
Lol'ed. I can't wait to see Indy turned into a child murdering coward.
Not a child anymore, granted, but if they had Indy kill Mutt I'd give it a standing ovation. :p

tumblr_ne2xgj19sh1rnhnqfo1_500.gif

curmudgeon

Hanselation said:
IndianaJones.com shows as message-picture that the site is temporarily unavailable. The link to the facebook is disconnected.
Looks like there's something going on.

http://indianajones.com

The suite of links under the message all direct to Paramount brands, meaning whatever's up with the web domain probably has nothing to do with Disney's plans.

Z dweller

curmudgeon said:
The suite of links under the message all direct to Paramount brands, meaning whatever's up with the web domain probably has nothing to do with Disney's plans.
Maybe they are moving the content to the Disney portal?

It would make sense, particularly when it comes to hyping Indy 5, trailers etc. (eventually :rolleyes: )