Indy 5 news 2017

TheFedora

Spielberg holds a top secret table read!

Interesting phrasing on Variety's part.

Hollywood is abuzz as everyone in the industry is talking about the super secret table read Steven Spielberg held on Wednesday for an undisclosed project with some of the town’s top talent.

It is unknown who participated at this time, as everyone involved was required to sign a non-nondisclosure agreement. However, Variety has learned the project is an untitled biopic on iconic composer Leonard Bernstein. Coincidentally, Bernstein wrote the music for “West Side Story,” which Spielberg is also considering taking on as a followup after “Indiana Jones 5.”

It is also unknown who wrote this specific Bernstein script, though sources say it is not the same one Josh Singer wrote, which is currently set up at Paramount.

Insiders say that no matter what, “Indiana Jones 5” will be Spielberg’s next film, though the second film he plans to shoot is still undecided. This table read was viewed as a third option, as the director is also weighing the “West Side Story” remake.

Last edited:

TheFedora

curmudgeon said:
You quoted the typos, but not the very relevant part where it said he was planning to shoot the next Indy "at the top of 2019"?

I corrected the typos after.... yeah the article went out with the typos at first but as it was corrected, so I corrected the post.

here's the relevant part:

In recent weeks, it has been reported that with post-production on his upcoming film ?Ready Player One? nearly finished, Spielberg would focus on not just one directing job, but his next two gigs for 2019. The plan was always to shoot the next installment in the ?Indian Jones? franchise at the beginning of 2019 with star Harrison Ford returning in the title role as the fedora-wearing archaeologist. He initially intended to follow that up with a remake of Bernstein?s classic ?West Side Story.?

Z dweller

In recent weeks, it has been reported that ...

hmmm... this sounds like pure speculation to me, what's the source for the plan was always ... ?

DARTH ZOIDBERG

Raiders112390 said:
Lol'ed. I can't wait to see Indy turned into a child murdering coward.
how is it any different then all the bad things Vader did in life? Darth Vader killed like hundreds if not thousands of people how is any of that better then what Kylo did? sorry if I am a little lost here.

IndyForever

Face_Palm said:
He should do Indiana Jones 5 before Indiana Jones 6.
Both at once lets face it Harrison is never ever going to be young enough for an Indy 6 after 5 wraps! 5 is only going ahead because TFA box office made Harrison viable & Spielberg attached means it cannot lose Disney any money can it!

Lao_Che

IndyForever said:
Both at once lets face it Harrison is never ever going to be young enough for an Indy 6 after 5 wraps! 5 is only going ahead because TFA box office made Harrison viable & Spielberg attached means it cannot lose Disney any money can it!

Indy 5 is going to happen regardless of Ford/Spielberg. Was just a question of when not if.