Blackhawk

curmudgeon

Don't worry, Indy 5 is still his next project, but...

Warner Bros. has announced today that they're teaming with Steven Spielberg and Amblin on a film adaptation of the DC Comics' WW2 hero "Blackhawk"

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/h...rg-tackling-dc-comics-movie-blackhawk-1103534

The film is being developed for Spielberg to direct, with David Koepp on board to write the script.

As described in the article: " 'Blackhawk' told of an international squadron of heroic pilots led by a man named Blackhawk who fought the Nazis and their ilk in World War II."

TheFedora

I'm definitely looking forward to this. I need to catch up on these comics, but I have faith that he'll be able to do a great job with this!

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
With a Wonder Woman cameo, probably. I'm way past pretending to know who these characters are. Hopefully the name isn't considered inappropriate.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
David Koepp interview:
KOEPP: We have a script that’s very good and we all think it's very good. There were a lot of management changes at Warner Bros, so I think we’ve just been kind of waiting for that to settle down and for them to decide what they want to do with their DC Universe. Obviously I hope [Spielberg] does it or if he doesn’t direct it, I hope he produces it, someone great directs. Because it would be a great deal of fun. I’m very fond of the script and I hope it comes together. But again, that’s one of those movies that’s gonna need $200 million so, trying to get those whales off the beach is a big process.

Q: Set in the universe of Wonder Woman and Aquaman?

KOEPP: No, and it would be hard because it’s 1941 or 1940, actually. So it would be a little tricky. As we were developing the script, we said “Hey, let’s make one great movie. It’s 1940, that’s the way it is.” And if it works out and in the future they decide they want to unite anybody, I’m sure time travel will not be a problem. Because comic books have a great way of figuring that stuff out. “We need Wonder Woman to be there!” Fine. Well, then she can, because of the ‘Prometheus Portal’. I’m like “what’s the Prometheus Portal.” “You don’t know about the Prometheus Portal?”

emtiem

This sounds fun, I've not come across it before. I can't imagine Spielberg doing it, but I'll still look out for it.