Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope

Blue Jay

good idea and very well done

Now we need a trailer from raiders if it was released after tod, but my guess that this wouldnt change that much, but maybe the character a bit....

roundshort

Z dweller said:
Carrie Fisher writes of Harrison Ford affair

Apparently Han and Leia's screen chemistry carried over off screen.

Hmmm.... what are the odds of this being made up just to promote sales of Fisher's new book "The Princess Diarist"?

Of course it is to promote her book sales - but I am sure it is anything but "made up" A) Mr. Ford was alerted and given a copy early B) if you haev followed Carrie's dialog over the last few years she is anything if not brutally honest. I woudl say the odds to the affair being made up are 1 in 1,000,000,000,000

Z dweller

roundshort said:
Of course it is to promote her book sales - but I am sure it is anything but "made up" A) Mr. Ford was alerted and given a copy early B) if you haev followed Carrie's dialog over the last few years she is anything if not brutally honest. I woudl say the odds to the affair being made up are 1 in 1,000,000,000,000
But... but... Harry was married at that time, with kids!

SHOCK, HORROR !!! :p

Apparently "CNN has reached out to Ford for comment".
I certainly hope they didn't send someone to knock on his door, I can imagine what his reaction might be...

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Not made up- besides for years I wondered as I read bio after bio, BTS books after BTS books and numerous film articles that they were fighting heaps on set of Empire. Often wondered what the beef was. Now well, we know. Sorry but Harrison ain't a saint and neither is Carrie.

Ironic really- that age gap is big and somewhat similar in controversy to Marion and Indy.

AndyLGR

Rumours of an affair between them were circulating for years. I guess this confirmation will do no harm to her book sales.

On the subject of the original Star Wars, I've watched it a couple of times this past week as we get nearer to the release of Rogue One. Interesting to note that in Leias hologram message to Obi Wan she was coming to bring him to Alderaan. Makes me wonder if at the end of Rogue One we see Leia set off with the stolen plans and orders to bring Obi Wan too.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
76553_900.jpg

The talk shifts to Leia's romance with Han Solo in Empire, and Carrie slyly speculates that "if she had her wits about her, she would have fallen for the big, strong Wookie. She's not that experienced, but because she's a princess, she would have some kind of problem with whoever she dated. Like, 'She can't marry out of her solar system' or something."

Her notion of an X-rated sequel to Empire makes her howl with laughter. "Nude scenes with the robots!" she envisions. "They could do anything. And Darth Vader having an affair, making the princess do awful, kinky things. Then afterward, you could shoot a scene where you see her sleeping contently and have him lying there, smoking a cigarette."
Annie Leibovitz's lens doesn't lie. From this article.
Violet said:
Ironic really- that age gap is big and somewhat similar in controversy to Marion and Indy.
Yes, exactly. They turned 34 and 20 in 1976, Indy and Marion were 25 and 15. If you apply the "divide your age in half and add seven" rule, in both cases she's four years too young.

JasonMa

Moedred said:
Yes, exactly. They turned 34 and 20 in 1976, Indy and Marion were 25 and 15. If you apply the "divide your age in half and add seven" rule, in both cases she's four years too young.
Of course in today's society (which, admittedly, is not the society Indy is set in) there's a big difference in a 15 year old and a 20 year old when it comes to romantic/intimate relationships.

curmudgeon

AndyLGR said:
Interesting to note that in Leias hologram message to Obi Wan she was coming to bring him to Alderaan. Makes me wonder if at the end of Rogue One we see Leia set off with the stolen plans and orders to bring Obi Wan too.

You know, I've watched that movie hundreds of times in my life, and it never hit me til last year that finding him was actually her mission.

Somehow, I'd always thought that it was matter of convenience that the attack happened over a planet where she knew there was someone she could send a desperate plea to.

Now that I know, I keep wondering what the real plan was. Were the rebels hoping a Jedi could lead the attack when a weakness was found? Did her father send her to retrieve Kenobi not just for the plans, but so that she could be trained herself?

Z dweller

This long Guardian article has the full account of Fisher's recollections of her fling with Ford.

When Harry met Carrie

?I love him. I'll always feel something for him?

Surely a must-read for the many hardcore Ford fans here at the Raven. :p

AndyLGR

curmudgeon said:
You know, I've watched that movie hundreds of times in my life, and it never hit me til last year that finding him was actually her mission.

Somehow, I'd always thought that it was matter of convenience that the attack happened over a planet where she knew there was someone she could send a desperate plea to.

Now that I know, I keep wondering what the real plan was. Were the rebels hoping a Jedi could lead the attack when a weakness was found? Did her father send her to retrieve Kenobi not just for the plans, but so that she could be trained herself?
Same here. I've been watching this film for nearly 40 years and never noticed that she was there to bring Obi Wan to Alderaan. Maybe they saw Vader in action for the first time and realised they needed a Jedi to come out of retirement.