Indy games: better on PC or console?

Skipper

I have Infernal Machine for N64 (terrible, terrible controls) and Emperor's Tomb for XBox. Would it be worth a few bucks to get these games for PC? Any differences in controls / level-design, etc.? Thanks.

Shemp

Infernal Machine, I'd definetly go with PC. Emperor's Tomb, I'd stick with Xbox or PS2.

Perhilion said:
If I were you I'd save my money for the new games coming out.

This might be a good decesion too. Between the LucasArts/Activision game, and the LEGO Indy, I'd say we're going to have our hands full.

Indy Jones

I'd actually say the opposite. Since I'm a user of controllers for PC Games, you want to stick to console.

The N64 version of IM is actually less clunky than the PC controls, and the game is much improved overall. Better graphics, and best of all, there's no compatibility issues. IM crashes on XP if you use any guns other than handguns. Also will only run right if you're running Windows Media Player in the background.

The PC version of ET has better graphics, but try to use a PC Controller, and you're out of luck. The camera controls terribly with anything but a mouse, which means you can't use a controller.

Blue Jay

i think that emperors tomb edition for pc just could be much better than xbox.
I just hate the double swing on my controller. it is really awful.

I am playing the game since christmas 2004 and every now and then i play a bit until i reach a point with a double swing and then it takes forever to get further and i stop playing for half a year and then continue...mostly i made it then :cool: