Jurassic World: Dominion

curmudgeon

There was some talk in various interviews that they were hoping to turn Jurassic World into its own trilogy, and the studio has now formalized those plans by setting a new film for June 11th, 2021.

Colin Trevorrow and Emily Carmichael are scripting the third (*ahem* sixth) film, off a story by Trevorrow and Derek Connolly.

Sure, the series will never live up to the original film, but I'm fine with its continued existence.

TheFedora

It seems strange to me especially to contemplate now we are getting a sixth jurassic movie. I still remember the time when I was not sure if we would ever even see a fourth movie.

Finn

Staff member
TheFedora said:
It seems strange to me especially to contemplate now we are getting a sixth jurassic movie. I still remember the time when I was not sure if we would ever even see a fourth movie.
Imagine if there were people who insisted you can't make one without Sam Neill.

curmudgeon

Finn said:

Imagine if there were people who insisted that you shouldn't make one set after the 1990's.

JasonMa

Finn said:
I think they would be improved if Sam Neill returned instead of using Chris Pratt's character... :D

curmudgeon

Another thread that feels like it lost out because of our time gap. I think I might've enjoyed seeing a few reactions to Sam Neill, Jeff Goldblum, and Laura Dern all coming back for this film.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member

Here was another prequel, Battle at Big Rock.

Colin Trevorrow is mentioning his Atlantis movie idea, which may be dependent on the success of Jurassic World 3. His Atlantis pitch doesn't seem to intrude much on the Indy story.

JasonMa

Semi-related but got a chance to ride the new Velocicoaster at Islands of Adventure in Orlando over the holidays. Great coaster, and the pre-show features Pratt/Howard as Owen and Claire. Clearly set prior to Jurassic World (since you're supposedly riding an attraction in the Jurassic World park) its a pretty fun 2-3 minute clip if its available on YouTube or anything. The story behind the attraction is that its a chance to "run" with the raptors, who will be chasing your car as you move through their pen. My wife's favorite line is "I tell them the raptors are dangerous, they say put a roller coaster in the paddock! What could go wrong?"

There's also a segment with BD Wong as Dr. Wu in another part of the queue.

hatsie

I like the feathered dinosaur. Other than that it looks like the Rollercoaster Tycoon version of an Emmerich movie. We’ll see.

JasonMa

I'm a sucker for this franchise so I'll see it, especially with the return of Drs. Grant and Sattler, but this looks like a hot mess

Nerdpants

True, but I am still looking forward to the old gang back together. Apparently there story is separate from the new cast to begin with.

ThrowMeTheWhip

So we have a fractured plot to look forward to?

Must admit— I just have no love for this series. I love the first film to pieces, but all subsequent entries have disappointed and each more than the last.

The cartoon’s been surprisingly fun from what I’ve seen at least.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
New poster in those tans and yellows that are popular around here. I recall a 2005 Star Wars trailer announced "the saga is complete," and a 2019 trailer proclaimed "the saga comes to an end." So take "conclusion" with a grain of salt.

jurassic-world-dominion-poster-6.jpeg