The Librarian

HovitosKing

The Librarian: Quest for the Spear

Attention Indy fans,

Tonight TNT is broadcasting a made-for-TV film titled "The Librarian: Quest for the Spear," a lighthearted (even hilarious) homage primarily to Indiana Jones, but also Lord of the Rings and other similar films. It premiers tonight at 8:00 EST on TNT, so check it out if you can. It looks great.

From Yahoo! TV:

A caretaker beneath a metropolitan library protects magical artifacts from those who would use them to do evil.

Cast: Noah Wyle, Kyle MacLachlan, Sonya Walger, Jane Curtin, Kelly Hu, David Dayan Fisher , Lisa Brenner, Clyde Kusatsu, Mario Iv n Mart¡nez, Olympia Dukakis, Bob Newhart.

Last edited:

HovitosKing

Alright, screw it. I didn't see the previous post, probably because I've got better things to do than re-read everything that's been said in the past. Next time I'll just let you figure it out on your own or miss the damn show altogether, but I don't see where redundancy of this nature is a crime worth throwing old thread links in someone's face. Watch the movie or don't. Whatever, just don't post anything else about it! It's already been done!

Webley

HovitosKing said:
Alright, screw it. I didn't see the previous post, probably because I've got better things to do than re-read everything that's been said in the past. Next time I'll just let you figure it out on your own or miss the damn show altogether, but I don't see where redundancy of this nature is a crime worth throwing old thread links in someone's face. Watch the movie or don't. Whatever, just don't post anything else about it! It's already been done!
Than I gess we have that same gift. :)

Raffey

Anyone else catch this?

It was ended up being low budget and campy but wasn't too aweful.

It looks like the pilot of a possible TV series which may not ever come to fruitation considering Noah Wyle recently changed his mind is now trying to keep his job on ER.

Good choice!

Ska

Yeah...I taped it and watched it last night (after the Steeler game! WHOO HOOO!...sorry...back on subject). Quite possible the most cheesiest Indy rip-off ever. Just like National Treasure, this could have been so much better if it wasn't so family oriented.

And just when they finally get to the cool Mayan pyramid and have to cross some traps...the waltz? WTF? Are you serious?

Oh well...

HovitosKing

Well, at least it answered the question we've all been pondering since 1981: What ever happened to the Ark of the Covenant after it was picked apart by government scientists? :p

I generally don't like cheesy spoof-type films, but this one was intended to be more of a silly homage than anything. For what it was, I thought it was pretty good. I hope they do get a series out of it, and I'm looking forward to the DVD release (if it happens).

Last edited:

HovitosKing

It's on proud display deep underground, beneath "the library" in a top secret artifact museum. Only the librarian and staff have access to the museum, or even know about it. The show re-airs many times over the next few days on TNT. Visit the TNT website to check local listings if you want to catch it. I recommend everyone see it at least once.

indyjones444

Seemed quite a bit like Indiana Jones as far as the whole searching for the supernatural object and the rickety bridge (can you say "obvious"). The main character had the knowledge of Indy but not so much the "field smarts". It was more of a very abridged and watered-down version of Indy. :cool:

HovitosKing

It wasn't meant to be taken seriously. Just keep that in mind, and I think you'll like it. No, it's not Indy. I don't think it was produced to add another chapter to the Indy franchise, it was produced for laughs. Just sit back and enjoy it.

Webley

Well I thought it was the best thing Iv seen on TV since I saw Temple of Doom on TV this past Thanksgiving. Was it me or did I hear 'Marion's theme' in there somewhere and Bob Newhart awesome all and all I say make this thing a weekly TV show.

Ska

There was a song quite similar to the end of Raiders (Marion's theme). Nothing like rippin' off the best!!! ;)