The series that need to stop along time ago!

Which series went too far for comfort?

• Harry Potter (make it stop)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Starship Troopers 2 (One was enough)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Tremors
Highlander
Star Trek (Both on the big and small screen)
Superman
The "Conan" franchise (To include the 2nd movie, and Red Sonja, and all the other cruddy spin-offs it spawned... oh ya... and that lame TV show....)
The Matrix (The 2nd two movies were horrible.... and as jazzy as the first one looked, we'd seen it all before)

Ayrun

Moderator Emeritus
Accept for Lethal Weapon, I don?t think that I have even seen any of the other sequels the poll mentioned. :eek: :p

Paden

You know, I'd completely forgotten about the horror that was Highlander II: The Quickening until I read over this thread. Probably my subconscious trying to block out unpleasant events from my past. Very rarely have I seen a sequel that was so terrible it made the first film look bad, but this turkey qualifies.

I took a look at the entry for Highlander II on IMDB, and found this priceless quote amongst the user comments on the front page: "Highlander 2: The Quickening is a movie that doesn't require suspension of disbelief so much as it requires a full-frontal lobotomy with a chainsaw." :D

Jay R. Zay

Jaws 3,4,5,6, (yuck)

i only know part one.

Rocky 4,5,6,(when will it end)

never seen it.

Friday the 13 (it keeps going and going)

teenie slashers are poor stuff in general.

Harry Potter (make it stop)

i think these movies, although i have to admit i've seen only one, are quite well done. if you don't like them - your problem. i've noticed that it has something to do with "grown up behavior" and "coolness" to dislike Harry Potter.

Lethal Weapon (enough is enough)

only know one of them (don't remember which).

XXX (It may have been only two movies but it should of been none!)

actually, the sequel without diesel was a cheap knockoff but the first part truly had some potential. sequels featuring vin diesel would have been very successful.

Amityville Horror (How can it go on)

i only know part one.

Halloween H20 (Who names a horror movie after water?)

in case this wasn't supposed to be one hell of a bad joke, water actually isn't H20 but H2O. actually, the same applies here as to all other teenie slashers - why make a movie that has been made for a million times already with a different cast and crew but the same story...

Dumb and Dumberer (They killed it)

never seen either.

Starship Troopers 2 (One was enough)

both are unique. the second part is very different but not worse. personally, i prefer it by far.

i wonder where the real controversial series are?

forgot about Star Wars 1-3? Hypercube and Cube Zero? the latest James Bond movies? Jurassic Park? Tomb Raider? First Blood II and Rambo III? Matrix?

your poll is a little bit incomplete.

"the first one with Jack Nicholson was clearly the best"

Really? cause I put both of the Tim Burton movies, and the subsequent ones all on the same trash heap... I'm happy that Chris Bale et al. came along and we finally got to see a good Batman movie....

What a boring old world it'd be if we all felt the same about everything eh...

"i've noticed that it has something to do with "grown up behavior" and "coolness" to dislike Harry Potter."
Then I'm happily immature and uncool, cause I really dig Harry Potter....

Junior Jones

I have young children, so I'd like to add Disney sequels to the list. They're churning out parts 2 and 3 direct-to-video for a lot of Walt's animated classics, and it's just not necessary. Some are are better than others, but the originals stand up just fine on their own.

Paden

Junior Jones said:
I have young children, so I'd like to add Disney sequels to the list. They're churning out parts 2 and 3 direct-to-video for a lot of Walt's animated classics, and it's just not necessary. Some are are better than others, but the originals stand up just fine on their own.
I agree. Although not amongst the Disney classics, one of my son's (and mine too, truthfully) favorite Disney films is Lilo and Stitch. I thought the first movie was marvelous, but everything that's followed, the Disney Channel series and Stitch: The Movie, has been of significantly lower quality. (I haven't seen the most recent release, Lilo and Stitch 2.) As good as the first movie was, a follow-up was really unnecessary. Besides, neither my son nor myself ever tire of watching it. :)

The Halloween series, like most horror movies, should've ended very soon. Maybe one sequel. Halloween is the original movie. H20 is the 7th. There's been one out since then though, called Ressurection in 2002. Maybe it should just be called Halloween Series or something in the poll??

roundshort

Lets see . . .

No decent Comdey should have a sequal, it is hard enough to hit it once, why repeat old gags, Caddyshak 2, Blues Brothers 2000, Family Vacation (although Christmas Vacation and Eurpoean vaction had bright spots, I like at these as just one big movie).
Although Hot Shots Deux was better than 1
But on to my vote, Friday the 13th, I have said this many times before, if you like suspense horror movies, Epi. 1 to 4 were actually fun movies, and after well, they just went to hell.

The first Nightmare on Elm street was good, but come on . . .

I don;t mind disney, anything that is straight to DVD, well buyer beware.

I have to say the worst series ever is the Cleveland Browns, why do they come back every year?

TombReader

'i've noticed that it has something to do with "grown up behavior" and "coolness" to dislike Harry Potter...'

Agreed.I'm not a real huge fan of the series,but I have noticed that people seem to write these off as kiddie books when they are actually quite complex in terms of character and story.If I remember correctly,the NY times started a children's best seller list because the HP books were topping their regular list all of the time.

roundshort

I love the HP books, and think they are great, I was actually traveling on business when the last one came out,and I went out at midnoght ot buy it, and read it the next day on the plane ride home. The moveis are just not up to stuff, which is to be expected.

Indy Parise

roundshort said:
Blues Brothers 2000

Amen, Amen.

Although the first one was great, the series was nothing without Belushi.

Also Hot Shots part Deux was more of its own movie. It had nothing to do with the first except for some characters, and I agree it was much better than 1.

roundshort

Rambo Iv

Christ, well Sly wants to do Rocky VI, and now he is doing Rambo IV, this time he is inthe states, and looks like he is pulling some A-team type stuff