Iron Man

Pale Horse

Staff member
Joe Brody said:
Watched the film again on DVD this weekend and I must say that I'm still impressed with the tight story and Favreau's discipline. Watch the deleted scenes and you all the cut fat. Downey Jr.'s performance is better than I recalled and it was great picking up some of the one-liners that I missed in the theatre.

Also, I have so much respect for Favreaus not blowing anything in the Iron Man Trailor's and bringing us right into the film. While the ending is nothing special, I am eagerly waiting for the next installment. One of the only memorable films from this past summer.

Is it me, or did the deleted scenes add to the seemingly miss edits I thought I sensed. (We watched this a bit distracted with Jr. for the first time on Sunday.) It story arc and timeframe had some holes in it. I am hoping a more dedicated view and perhaps the deleted scenes will fill that in for me.

Joe Brody

Pale Horse said:
Is it me, or did the deleted scenes add to the seemingly miss edits I thought I sensed.

I'm sure of it -- but I defer to your greater technical aptitude.

I was also mildly surprised by all the T&A that ended up on the floor -- but I bet they realized that they had cross-over appear with Downey Jr.

Shortie

TheMutt92 said:
I hate this when actors op out of roles that are neccessary to continue the franchise (eg: Katie Holmes in The Dark Knight). And I thought Terence did a fantastic job w/ the role he was given (which wasn't much this time around). Now Cheadle is a fantastic actor, but I can't imagine him in the role because Terence already did it so well and meshed w/ RDJ. And I mean, you'd think something like money wouldn't matter to some people when not only to they get to be in a superhero movie... they get to be the FREAKIN SUPERVILLAIN WAR MACHINE!!! :mad:

War Machine is a good guy, he's fought Iron Man before but not because he was evil. Sort of like the Punisher fighting Daredevil.

All I have to say is Howard's a greedy b*stard.

Rococo

Pale Horse said:
Is it me, or did the deleted scenes add to the seemingly miss edits I thought I sensed. (We watched this a bit distracted with Jr. for the first time on Sunday.) It story arc and timeframe had some holes in it. I am hoping a more dedicated view and perhaps the deleted scenes will fill that in for me.

Ok, so I'm in the minority, and never saw Iron Man in theaters... but when it came out on DVD, I bought the "regular" edition, and was really impressed. I'm really not a comic book movie person, but this was different, and I can't believe it took me this long to get hooked into it.

My question is this- the "regular" edition DVD had a few (4 maybe) deleted scenes. It occurred to me after I watched them, that perhaps the two-disc special edition had more deleted scenes- I got the bonus disc from that special edition off Netflix, and while the extras are great, no other deleted scenes. Are there additional deleted scenes on Disc 1 of the special edition release? Or are they the same as the standard disc?

I thought the deleted scenes did add a lot to the movie, but can see why they were cut- but from a character development point of view, I'd love to see more...

TheMutt92

Rococo said:
My question is this- the "regular" edition DVD had a few (4 maybe) deleted scenes. It occurred to me after I watched them, that perhaps the two-disc special edition had more deleted scenes- I got the bonus disc from that special edition off Netflix, and while the extras are great, no other deleted scenes. Are there additional deleted scenes on Disc 1 of the special edition release? Or are they the same as the standard disc

Disc 1 is exactly the same.

The Magic Rat

You know, I really liked the movie the first time. I just rented it and while I still like it, I don't think it held up as I expected it to. It's still really fun, though.

Montana Smith

My favourite pulpy looking movie Iron Man suit is being re-released by Hot Toys:

383780_10150510659679585_329989274584_8925622_1441209377_n.jpg

406336_10150510659324585_329989274584_8925614_1400633447_n.jpg

379051_10150510659219585_329989274584_8925612_1296207011_n.jpg

397370_10150510659419585_329989274584_8925616_741111906_n.jpg

Later this year Indy and Captain America will have some back-up. No artifact will be safe.