abner_08.JPG

abner_09.JPG

abner_10.JPG

abner_11.JPG

abner_12.JPG

abner_13.JPG

Sarednab

Goonie said:
I haven't really had a chance to look at the diaries in-depth, but what is the difference between the hero prop and the story prop?

Story Prop
This version is a fictionalized account of his quest, filling in pages from the original prop with a coherent story-line from 1899 when his quest begins to 1938 when he and his son finally find the Holy Grail. It contains over 320 pages.

Hero Prop
This unique prop replica is an exact reproduction of the hero prop used in the film. It contains 282 pages, in the exact order and ream configuration as the original. contains ALL 63 pages found in the hero prop and pages repeat in the exact order as the original. This is Diary appears in the movie

Insomniac

Awesome job!

On my computer it says your selling it on ebay for for "US $160,00".
Am I going blind or are you trying to develop a sense of humor with us.

(Modified quote above)

Never saw Abner's Journal, but...

University Of Chicago Admissions Department Receives Package For Indiana Jones

2012_12_13_indy1.jpg

The University of Chicago Admissions department received a package Wednesday that initially wasn't given a second thought until they gave it a closer look.

On the surface, the package addressed to "Dr. Henry Walton Jones, Jr." seemed innocuous enough until a student mail worker asked who Dr. Jones was. That's when they realized the package was addressed to none other than Indiana Jones.

Further inspection of the packages contents revealed they contained a detailed replica of Dr. Abner Ravenwood's journal from Raiders of the Lost Ark, photos of Marion Ravenwood and replica money, most of it made by hand. Rosenwald Hall, which houses U of C's Admission's Department, also used to be home to the university's geography and geology departments.

The university, naturally, is looking for clues as to the person behind this elaborate prank; email them here and, for that matter, we're interested, as well.

2012_12_13_indy4.jpg

2012_12_13_indy3.jpg

2012_12_13_indy2.jpg

Last edited:

Montana Smith

Further inspection of the packages contents revealed they contained a detailed replica of Dr. Abner Ravenwood's journal from Raiders of the Lost Ark...

Could this be the work of that dastardly fiend...Sarednab?

russds

read about this. Cool to see something Indy out in the world making news. But, I must confess, where is the Abner journal featured in the film? I recall all the issues and sub plots regarding Abner, but don't recall actually seeing the journal in the film? What part is it shown? Thanks!

Montana Smith

russds said:
read about this. Cool to see something Indy out in the world making news. But, I must confess, where is the Abner journal featured in the film? I recall all the issues and sub plots regarding Abner, but don't recall actually seeing the journal in the film? What part is it shown? Thanks!

This one?

563.jpg

526.jpg

217.jpg

Indy's brother

Montana Smith said:
Could this be the work of that dastardly fiend...Sarednab?

That was my first guess.... And as far as the pics above, I've never read the script or the novelization, so I always assumed that was just Indy's personal notebook. Are these sources where it's referred to as Abner's?

russds

Ah. Yeah I always thought that was Indy's notebook. The cover looks the same, but i don't recall the film showing much of what's actually in the journal, so would these replicas just kind of make up the contents?

lairdo

I certainly think we are meant to believe that the journal Indy in Raiders is his. This is established through the fact that Henry Sr. keeps his grail diary as we know from Crusade. Then in the first episode of Young Indy (the Egypt 1908 sequence that is the first half of the Curse of the Jackal on TV and My First Adventure on DVD), Indy gets his own diary from Henry Sr. when he sets off for the tombs.

I haven't read the novel in years, but from the filmed material, I am confident that Indy is using his own diary.

As to why there is information about the Map Room in there (which would be Abner's obsession), I always assumed that what Indy was looking up are the hieroglyphic symbols so he could translate the grid where the staff goes.

Of course, if this is some crazy Indy 5 announcement stunt, then of course there could be any number of story reasons why what was sent is Abner's.