US Wings MKVII

Mickiana

It looks close enough. The brass bits for the strap are interesting. Though, don't know if they would solve the issue of the rings in the canvas/cloth loops attached to the side of the bag from wearing through as they have done with my Mark VII from Whatpriceglory.

starks

Mickiana said:
It looks close enough. The brass bits for the strap are interesting. Though, don't know if they would solve the issue of the rings in the canvas/cloth loops attached to the side of the bag from wearing through as they have done with my Mark VII from Whatpriceglory.

Thats interesting. I have had my bag from wpg since they started reproducing them. Must be well over ten years ago. I have been using it solidly as a work bag for atleast 5 years and its still going strong two redyes later. Just faded over time.

I was gonna say the us wings looks more like a MkVI but it says thats what it is based on.

Last edited:

starks

IndyJoey said:
Ive been using a Magnoli MkVII for two years now, its still in perfect shape.

Thats good to hear they hold up.well. I have quite a few magnoli items which have been fantastic and I bought the magnoli MkVII in 2011 but apart from a few holiday trips it only see's costume use. Im trying to keep it nice lol. Did you opt for wades strap?

IndyJoey

Well ive used my magnoli bag non stop... ive worn it camping, on road trips, in the woods, on plane trips, in rain, hail, and its in great shape. I bought Todd's Bag Strap though. The only thing that i dont like is that the Magnoli bag is Last Crusade color (which i love) but my strap is Raiders Brown.... I need to dye my strap black.

IndyJoey

Well ive used my magnoli bag non stop... ive worn it camping, on road trips, in the woods, on plane trips, in rain, hail, and its in great shape. I bought Todd's Bag Strap though. The only thing that i dont like is that the Magnoli bag is Last Crusade color (which i love) but my strap is Raiders Brown.... I need to dye my strap black.

Mickiana

I'm glad you guys haven't had any problems, but that only mystifies me further. The metal rings that join the leather strap to the canvas loops have a slightly rough surface and because they are round the canvas loops bunch inside the curvature and wear through pretty fast from each side in. I was actually thinking of replacing the canvas loops with leather ones in a bid to solve the problem.

IndyJoey

Have you thought of replacing the rings, taking new ones, sandblasting them to smooth them, and repainting them?

Mickiana

I was considering just getting some emery paper to the inside of the rings and buffing them. Though I do think the replacement of the canvas loops with leather ones will be the rugged solution.

starks

I just checked both my bags and the rings on each are really smooth. Maybe I got lucky with my WPG bag or perhaps you were unlucky with poor rings Mickiana?

I never did buy the TODDs strap but have some other items. How is it?
The WPG strap (at the time atleast) was quite literally rubbish and i gave it away replacing it with a Magnoli strap that has stood the test of time, and added an AB buckle. I bought Magnoli's bag through Wade with Wades strap and they are both of such a great quality although admittedly I have redyed the Magnoli bag more of an olive green. I cant speak more highly of Wade's gear, especially the Raiders gunbelt.

To get slightly back on topic of the USWings bag while they sell great quality items I think one would be better of going through another vendor in my opinion anyhow.