Bullwhip

Goodeknight

IndyJames98 said:
whats the best whip to buy?

Hmmm, got about 10 hours to read all the threads here and over at COW?

IndyJames98 said:
i have a $100 budget (includes shipping) im just not really sure what or where to buy one.

Oh...yeah, Todds. Definitely.

Bump it up to get at least an 8 footer. That's the standard cracking length. You'll be a dufus with anything shorter. 10' is considered the standard for hanging by your side. 8' for cracking, 10' for wearing.

Obviously not black. Mahogany will have that "Indy" look out of the box. Tan will darken with age. Won't look as "Indy" out of the box, but over time it will be more authentic than starting with the mahogany.

8 footer for $139 + shipping. I strongly dissuade you from getting anything cheaper or shorter. It'd be a really crappy whip. U-gly and non functional.

IndyJames98

what color would be more Indy? i suppose after i oil it it will get darker so would tan be the best? or would the mahogany be better because it wouldnt stain like the tan?

IndyJoey

That depends, do you want a raiders whip or a whip from one of the other movies? And do you need it right away for some costuming event? If you want a raiders whip or for your whip to look more antique and used, go with the tan, and let it darken with time. If you need it right away get the mahogany.

IndyJoey

Have you used whips before? I've only used 8 footers, but i love my eight foot. I know 8 footers are easier to use.

IndyJames98

yes i use a 10ft junkie for two years. not the best but i could make it crack. it fell apart so i wanted to get a good one.