Rocky IV

The Drifter

There is a certain scene in Rocky IV that shows a disappearing boy. I found the scene in youtube awhile back, and now when I look for it to post here, I can't find it.

Can anyone help?
It's the scene when Rocky first arrives in Russia. Thanks.

yodazone

Lonsome_Drifter said:
There is a certain scene in Rocky IV that shows a disappearing boy. I found the scene in youtube awhile back, and now when I look for it to post here, I can't find it.

Can anyone help?
It's the scene when Rocky first arrives in Russia. Thanks.

Which exact scene in Rocky IV? When he's training in Russia?

I got the DVD here....

The Drifter

The scene is when Rocky's car <b>FIRST</b> arrives at the cabin.
We see a man bringing an armload of wood up to the porch. A kid is standing there, and as the man passes the kid; the kid vanishes.

I wish that I could find it again on youtube.

EDIT: I found it! It's at the 1:34 mark!

Last edited:
Well that's easy to explain. The kid is standing in front of the doorway. As the man walking up the stairs obstructs the view from the camera he goes back inside. Busted.

The Drifter

Agent Spalko said:
Well that's easy to explain. The kid is standing in front of the doorway. As the man walking up the stairs obstructs the view from the camera he goes back inside. Busted.

Kinda quick for the kid to open a door that fast and close it.
I know it's not a real ghost, it's just a cool shot.

Little Indy

Nope he doesn't go back inside. He steps behind the older gentleman(Dad, Grandpa) and is out of camera view. As the older man turns the corner on the stairs you can see the kid's coat trailing just behind the old man's coat.

eroc

No it is not. There is an obvious cut. You can see it.

Soooooooooo you think that kid dressed in Russian garb in a movie that was filmed in Montana set in Russia is a ghost?

This stupid thread gets a one star rating.

ROTLA

There appears to be no cut/edit made at that point. I believe the kid simply moved and wound up out of view as he was behind the man.

It does look pretty neat though.

The Drifter

eroc said:
No it is not. There is an obvious cut. You can see it.

Soooooooooo you think that kid dressed in Russian garb in a movie that was filmed in Montana set in Russia is a ghost?

This stupid thread gets a one star rating.

Learn to read.
I said that I know it's not a ghost. Ever heard of kidding around? Lighten up, bro. :)

PS: That part was filmed in Wyoming

Last edited:

No Ticket

Completely unrelated... but it made me think of it. I got to be on the set of Rocky Balboa when they filmed the final fight in Vegas at Mandalay Bay and they filmed a scene in which Rocky turns around while in the ring and apparently sees the "ghost" of Adrian.

Yeah, yeah... I know you probably think I'm making THAT up. But I swear they filmed something like that, but all Stallone did was get up and turn around and look in that direction. I'm guessing Adrian would've been cheering him on or something.

But anyway, I don't think it wound up in the deleted scenes and I don't think they mention it anywhere on the DVD... so I thought I'd mention it. haha. Probably a good thing they left it out.