Anybody want the Tank Driver from TLC?

WillKill4Food

Don't waste time wishing for a tank driver. Go to Walmart, look at their "Ultimate Soldier" WWII figures, and you'll find several tank driver figures that aren't Indy related, but could easily be sculpted to look like the figure in LC. (y)

Nurhachi1991

DrJones35 said:
he's as interesting a character as say uhm a eh...well I'm trying to think of ways to prolong the toy line

Here is a thought how about this guy

marcus-brody.jpg

DrJones35

my god i get it, I want Marcus as much as anyone too, but maybe Hasbro's hesitant to release a figure based on an openly bi-sexual man who died of aids, anyone ever think of that? maybe they're afraid to cross into that territory. now that i got that outta the way i hope they make marcus as well, but come on imagine the hilarity of the middle eastern tank driver with the bullet hole...ha ha hilarity in a box!

Nurhachi1991

DrJones35 said:
my god i get it, I want Marcus as much as anyone too, but maybe Hasbro's hesitant to release a figure based on an openly bi-sexual man who died of aids, anyone ever think of that? maybe they're afraid to cross into that territory. now that i got that outta the way i hope they make marcus as well, but come on imagine the hilarity of the middle eastern tank driver with the bullet hole...ha ha hilarity in a box!

Why does his sexuality matter? They made a heath ledger figure and he played a homosexual role.

DrJones35

actually the kid oriented joker figure is not based on ledger, but the traditional Joker, look it up and that was a role

Nurhachi1991

DrJones35 said:
actually the kid oriented joker figure is not based on ledger, but the traditional Joker, look it up and that was a role

Yeah I know............. I own both of them the Movie Masters figure is based off ledger.

Yes it was a role just like Marcus was a role so there is no excuse not to make the figure.

Kevin

Nurhachi1991 said:
Yeah I know............. I own both of them the Movie Masters figure is based off ledger.

Yes it was a role just like Marcus was a role so there is no excuse not to make the figure.

I think what he's saying is that while Heath Ledger played a gay person, Denholm Elliott himself was actually gay, and that's why they won't make Marcus. I don't believe that for a second; I doubt many people actually know that Elliott was gay, and I think fewer even care.

Kevin

In response to the OP, I would take a tank driver if he came with the tank, otherwise probably not.

RichardJones

DrJones35 said:

Ian McKellen is opening gay, And we have Gandalf and Magneto Figures. Granted he doesn't have aids, but still...

Kooshmeister

Well, why do we want him if there isn't going to be a tank for him to drive? :(

Hatay_driver.jpg

"I'm on the last level, dude! Aw, crap, that blue thing just killed me! Quick, more quarters, man, more quarters!"

WillKill4Food said:
Don't waste time wishing for a tank driver. Go to Walmart, look at their "Ultimate Soldier" WWII figures, and you'll find several tank driver figures that aren't Indy related, but could easily be sculpted to look like the figure in LC. (y)

How easily? He's not German. How many Middle Eastern soldier action figures are readily available?

WillKill4Food

Kooshmeister said:
How easily? He's not German. How many Middle Eastern soldier action figures are readily available?
He could easily be sculpted to match the guy in the film.
I will admit however, that I do love the character from LC and, to me at least, he was always one of the more memorable minor characters (along with Kazim and the Librarian) even though he was only in it for a few seconds. But I don't really care about getting a figure for him.

Note: If you are into Legos, you could easily use the head from the original Sam Sinister (Slyboots?) to emulate the tank-guy's head. See below:
http://www.geocities.com/EnchantedForest/Cottage/5900/WhoIsWho/Slyboots.html
(y)