Hobo with a Shotgun

Dr. Gonzo

Trailer

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9nbl78cj5vM?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9nbl78cj5vM?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Calo

Awesome, I can't wait for this, it looks fantastic.

Wasn't "Hobo With a Shotgun" a fun made trailer on YouTube or something like that?

Calo said:
Awesome, I can't wait for this, it looks fantastic.

Wasn't "Hobo With a Shotgun" a fun made trailer on YouTube or something like that?

It was the SXSW fake trailer winner for Grindhouse. It played with some prints of the film in Canada, as I understand it.

Nurhachi1991

So I have been following the production of this film ever since I saw the fake trailer featured in the Grindhouse Double feature and I got the chance to see it early via Itunes I guess it does not hit theaters until May but boy howdy it was a fantastic movie! Probally the most fun I have had watching a film in a while it was vile,tasteless,bloody and a heck of a ride. Has anyone else seen it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASomc2O6eqY

Goonie

I just watched the trailer again and noticed someone in there wearing one of those witch masks from Halloween III: Season of the Witch.

Montana Smith

Just watched this on Blu-ray.

Very grindhouse!

Very bloody!

Very evil!

Very over the top!

It's not exactly enjoyable in a sane and rational sense, but more in the guilty pleasure sense of something like the Saw series.

This film went places you wouldn't expect if this were in the mainstream tradition:

The flamethrower and the bus load of school children.

The heroine and flymo.

Indy's brother

I enjoyed it for two reasons, its conceit is unwaveringly consistent, and secondly: Rutger Hauer. Seriously, he really saved this thing. Anyone else and it would have gone from guilty delight to pure dreck.

Montana Smith

Indy's brother said:
I enjoyed it for two reasons, its conceit is unwaveringly consistent, and secondly: Rutger Hauer. Seriously, he really saved this thing. Anyone else and it would have gone from guilty delight to pure dreck.

Jason Eisener said he had Rutger in mind when they were creating it, and couldn't believe it when he actually agreed.

On set Rutger then set about building upon the character and giving the film it's "heart".

When I picked this up I thought it was going to be an entirely different kind of movie. It starts that way, but soon there's a Mad Max insanity taking over. As wild as it gets, as you wrote, Rutger is there like a rock holding it together.

He played a great performance, having understood the angle Eisener was going for, whereas another actor might have just played it for laughs.

It had such an early '80s vibe as well. I could imagine Charles Bronson starring in an imaginary original.

Loved the scenes between Rutger and Molly Dunsworth.
Which made the ending all the more shocking. Glad they didn't go with the alternative ending.

adventure_al

lets not make excuses for it by pretending its trying to be something different or fill a niche...

simply put: this was the biggest pile of crap ever! terrible, terrible excuse for a film. (n)

Montana Smith

adventure_al said:
lets not make excuses for it by pretending its trying to be something different or fill a niche...

simply put: this was the biggest pile of crap ever! terrible, terrible excuse for a film. (n)

Yeah, I didn't like KOTCS either.