who likes it?

who likes KotCS?

• i do

Votes: 118 81.4%
  • i don't

Votes: 27 18.6%

• Total voters

tambourineman

I do. I can objectively see its flaws, but I dont care, I find it a very fun film, featuring the greatest movie character of all time. It has become my rainy sunday afternoon movied of choice.

Forbidden Eye

I tend to have a little sympathy for threads that relate to ones made in the past, but come on. Do we really need a "Do You Like This Indiana Jones Film" on an Indiana Jones board?

A quick search link could of showed you dozen of options.

col.dietrich

Forbidden Eye said:
I tend to have a little sympathy for threads that relate to ones made in the past, but come on. Do we really need a "Do You Like This Indiana Jones Film" on an Indiana Jones board?

A quick search link could of showed you dozen of options.
i did not know it had been done before.
sorry 'o' great master of spamming!

Robyn

Lonsome_Drifter said:
Bah! Raiders this and Raiders that.
Temple is still better.

Oh Drifter, I think I need to go make you a pot of coffee to wake up and smell! Temple was fun in a lot of ways but it doesn't even come CLOSE to Raiders! ;)

Robyn

Lonsome_Drifter said:
But, we have trod this ground before.

Yes.. that's definitely true lol

hmm.. I need to find a stronger brand of coffee for you smell maybe..;)

JP Jones

This is a good time to give my full opinion of Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. I'll start by saying I absolutly adored it. I had a better time the movie theater watching kotcs than Raiders! Raiders is the best of them, don't get me wrong, but it didn't have action on par with kotcs.

This might be hard to swallow, but what I'm saying is Raiders had a lot of dialouge to uncover the story. That does make it the better movie, but Personally enjoyed kotcs better.

Now it's time for the top 5 reasons I love kotcs
*5 Memories. While watching this movie I expirienced the opposite of many fanboys. It brought me back to the good old times when every summer movie was like kotcs. It's a shame people associate the movie with RAPING your childhood.:(

*4 The Characters. I was hoping to death that the characters in kotcs could be fun exciting and laughable, and guess what, they were excatly that. Mutt has become my favorite sidekick, Ox has become the funniest( whether it's intentional or not), and of corse Indiana Jones is just like I remembered him.

*3 Scenery. Yes scenery. During the truck chase in Raiders, Indy drives a truck toward a jungle. I sat there waiting for a big chase in the jungle,and I waited for 27 years after that , and then kotcs came around and perfected that chase.And then there's the temple. I thought the well of souls could not be beat, but then the temple of kali came. Then I thought that couldn't be beat, and the temple of the grail came. And 19 years later I had my doubts, but Akator was more beautiful than any other.

*2 Story. Aliens teaching Mayans how to farm, build temples, ect. This is mabye the most interesting thing on Earth. I've spent years studying this stuff. And the beauty of it is that I didn't nitpick every detail they got wrong, I just watched it and had a rollicking time. I love the story so much It might just hoist this movie past Raiders.:hat:

*1 Action. I paid 7 dollars at the best theater in town not for a movie with dialouge and character development, but for good ol' action. And I got EXCATLY that. you can't go wrong with Indy jumping onto a car with 6 russians on it or an epic battle surrounded by man-eating ants. The action here is on par with every movie mabye even more than ToD or LC, but there is more of it.

Well there you have it. The media can pick this apart bit by bit but I still love it. Mr. Spielberg, Mr. Lucas, mark indy 4 as a triumphant sucsess.:whip:

pellman

I didn't like it the first time a saw it. Just because the hype had me expecting something else. I heard it was going to be more like Raiders and less like Last Crusade, & that they would not use much CGI.

I've warmed up to it with repeated viewings.

DocWhiskey

Damn, 21 "I Do's"?

I don't think I'm ready for this commitment!

Sorry. Bad joke.

Really bad.

Lame really.

*Walks away to the Incredible Hulk hitchhike theme*

indyj0nes

i think kotcs is amazing, its a fun action packed adventure with a great story. i saw it at the cinema so many times, the first time i saw it i wore my indy gear, lol:D

Dayne

I do. Originally I thought it was just barely on par with Last Crusade. Then I started liking it better then Last Crusade. Now, only recently, have I realized that I like it better than Last Crusade and Temple of Doom! So technically this is my second favorite Indy film... Of course I like it.

IAdventurer01

mr.kotcs said:
I paid 7 dollars at the best theater in town

Geez, where do you live? It was 16 for me - and that was with a student discount.

Sorry, just needed to get that out. Resume topic.