TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > The Films > Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
User Name
Password

Old 02-13-2003, 06:20 PM   #1
ElsaFan
IndyFan

You know, a couple of months ago, there was a rumor saying that Alison Doody would have a cameo appearance in a dream sequence in Indy 4? Well, does anyone have more details about this? It sounds total bogus to me, although I know she will be in LA for the summer of 2003.......
ElsaFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2003, 12:46 AM   #2
FordFan
IndyFan

No. She won't. In the new Cinescape, Spielberg states that Sean Connery will be back for the beginning and the end of the film, in a lesser role. Karen Allen and Kate Capshaw will come back for a soundbite. And he said that Allison Doody wouldn't make it because she fell into a pit. But he said that Indy girls from the past we didn't meet will appear.
FordFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2003, 03:43 AM   #3
ElsaFan
IndyFan

Thank you very much! I never heard of that article before. Was it ever poster on this website? You said that Karen Allen and Kate Capshaw would record soundbites... What are they exactly?
ElsaFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2003, 12:25 PM   #4
Aaron H
Moderator Emeritus

Doody will not be in the movie alive. Prehaps a flashback will be done, but not likely.
The idea has been thrown around for some time that girls from the games and books will show up. Again, not likely, simply because a majority of the audience is not familar with these characters as we, as fans, are.
I forsee Marion having a larger role than Willie, and a new girl (doesn't have to be a love interest) will be introduced.
Aaron H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2003, 01:37 PM   #5
bob
IndyFan

I really think this is just an absurd rumour as
1. It has been 14 years since LC someone would have noticed how much older Elsa looks.
2. Although Indy may have liked Elsa i see no evidence that he was close to her and would especially want her 14 years down the line.
3. Having a dead character turn up even in a dream who was a character overshadowed by Henry and Sallah and Marcus in LC is a little silly.
4. How good do you think audiences memories are?!
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2003, 01:12 AM   #6
DEE
IndyFan

Thumbs down DOODY ...NO THANKS

I guess she's a good actress, but I really did not care for the Elsa person. My least fave is Willie. I liked Marion best.
DEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 07:33 PM   #7
Goodsport
IndyFan

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by FordFan
But he said that Indy girls from the past we didn't meet will appear.

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp Personally, I think that this is the best way to go.

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp Neither Marion (Karen Allen) nor Willie (Kate Capshaw) should be in Indy IV for more than a 'soundbite' (nor should Elsa, who in the story is dead/gone/whatever) - but introducing someone not yet seen on the screen, yet someone somewhat familiar to Indy fans like Sophia Hapgood, would be even better than introducing someone who is brand-new to the franchise.

-G

Goodsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2003, 02:17 AM   #8
Finn

Sophia in Indy IV? I'm game!

Anyway, who would be good in playing her?
Finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2003, 06:51 PM   #9
Goodsport
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally posted by Finn
&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp Me too!

Quote:
&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp Hmm... that's a good question.

-G

Old 03-19-2003, 10:38 PM   #10
Attila the Professor

Quote:

http://www.theraider.net/theraven/sh...?threadid=2840

Tsk, tsk, tsk...there's a thread on this and Finn didn't mention it...

Anyway, all kidding aside, I'm not sure who would be good in the part. I can't think of anyone offhand, but then I'm not too familiar with current celebs...anyone else have any thoughts.

I do like the idea though.
Attila the Professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2003, 03:10 PM   #11
bob
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally posted by Goodsport

on the screen, yet someone somewhat familiar to Indy fans like Sophia Hapgood, would be even better than introducing someone who is brand-new to the franchise.

[/b]

Cant say i agree the Indy universe outside of the film is beyond obscure to most people, you cant even buy any of the comics anymore really. FoA is a decade old game which was played by tens of thousands same goes for Infernal Machine. I really dont want to hear long scenes of expostion with the Indy Girl. It might be nice for fans but the Indy fanbase is so small it has no real voice besides are the big three really going to steal things off a Game it is their mythos.
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 03:13 AM   #12
Goodsport
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally posted by bob
Cant say i agree the Indy universe outside of the film is beyond obscure to most people, you cant even buy any of the comics anymore really. FoA is a decade old game which was played by tens of thousands same goes for Infernal Machine. I really dont want to hear long scenes of expostion with the Indy Girl. It might be nice for fans but the Indy fanbase is so small it has no real voice besides are the big three really going to steal things off a Game it is their mythos.

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp So either way, the leading lady will be new to the general movie audience. But using an existing leading lady character from Indy gaming or Indy literature would be a great inside treat for Indyfans.

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp Either way, the leading lady of the movie should not be one of the leading ladies from any of the three past Indy movies.

-G

Old 04-02-2003, 03:46 AM   #13
Finn

In the other hand, if Indy IV takes place in 50's, I dunno if it'll be a good idea (considering the Hollywood effect) to have Sophia... after all, she'd be old(er, in her 40s), so would be the other previous Indy girls, so we'll see someone new.
Old 04-02-2003, 03:54 AM   #14
Goodsport
IndyFan

Question

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp Calista?

Old 04-02-2003, 06:15 AM   #15
fatima
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally posted by Goodsport
&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp Calista?

SURE HOPE NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fatima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 06:25 AM   #16
fatima
IndyFan

calista as indy's enemy...

yeah it would be fun to see calista having a role of Indy's enemy! it would be interesting IMO...
fatima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 12:03 AM   #17
Finn

Yea, right... a new minion to the phobia scene: first snakes, then bugs, finally rats... and now dancing babies!
Old 04-21-2003, 03:51 AM   #18
ROTLA
IndyFan

Calista?!? Are they filming "Indiana Jones Meets the Incredible Shrinking Woman" for IV? Actually, I think she's a decent actress but I'm not sure she would fit into an Indy film. Those women seem to have a toughness about them that Calista might not be able to bring to the screen. OK, so Willie wasn't so tough. Of course, it seems fairly obvious that most people liked her least of the Indy gals. Marion and Elsa had an edge to them and it seems to have helped put them in favor with the fans.

For an Indy girl, if they want a younger actress, how about someone like Jennifer Connolly ("A Beautiful Mind")? If they want somebody a little older, maybe somebody such as Andie MacDowell.

Just a few names to ponder...
ROTLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 03:18 PM   #19
NileQT87
IndyFan

im thinking catherine zeta jones. shed be good. or even somebody like sandra bullock...both have a gruffness and an edge--and i have yet to be disappointed with either of their performances.
NileQT87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2003, 10:26 AM   #20
Indy_Girl
IndyFan

how about Milla Jovovich? she' played tough girl roles (Leloo in "The Fifth Element", the lead in "Joan of Arch", and more recently in "Resident Evil") she's very chameleion like so i think you could put any look on her, i think she would be a very good Indy Girl, apart form myself of course LOL
Indy_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2003, 05:17 PM   #21
NileQT87
IndyFan

shes awful. all those movies sucked to me...personal opinion.

catherine! weve already seen her with an old man, so with harrison nobody will even notice! plus shes older, but gorgeous. and shes got spunk.
NileQT87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 11:47 AM   #22
Indy_Girl
IndyFan

spunk? thats so 80's.lol.

i really liked the Fifth Element, with me i love sci fi stuff, Star Wars particularly, i dont think she's awful at all, she seems to be a nice person, and i think she would make a brillaint Indy Girl, but in light of your comment i now the the next Indy Girl should be me. i'm deadly serious, i'm delusional but deadly serious, lol.
Old 06-04-2003, 02:53 AM   #23
80 jones

indy girl

The fact is that harrison will be 62 when this film is shot. Therefore whoever the "Indy girl" is, she must be at least 40ish to be realistic (and to stop people criticising Harrison). Remember the dodgy press when Entrapment came out? Someone like Rene Russo or Diane Lane would be cool.
80 jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2003, 12:50 PM   #24
Indy_Girl
IndyFan

i can see rene russo as one come to think of it, maybe even sigourney weaver would be a good indy girl.