TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > The Films > Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
User Name
Password

Old 05-15-2003, 09:10 AM   #1
Randy_Flagg
IndyFan

Spielberg already mentioned that Indy 4 will have supernatural elements, and this isn't really a shock since we've seen supernatural elements in the other three movies as well. But the fact that he mentions it leads to me to believe that the supernatural part may be more prominent in this one. How far do you think they should go with this? In the game Infernal Machine, we've seen Indy enter another dimension, and I'm wondering if we might see something like this in Indy 4. Spielberg also mentioned that the Garden of Eden will play a role in the movie, so is it possible we'll see some visions of heaven and hell? And would this be a good thing, or would it seem too out of place for an Indy movie? Your thoughts?
Randy_Flagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 09:59 AM   #2
DrJones56
IndyFan

As long as they don't get Merlin weird, or Marduk weird, it should be cool.
DrJones56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 03:00 PM   #3
monkey

They shouldn't go too far into the supernatural. They don't need to. That's what Sci-Fi, Horror, etc. are for.

I hope that GL, SS, and company aren't so far removed from the original movies that they forget the recipe for success with Indiana Jones.
monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 10:28 PM   #4
thegreatimposter
IndyFan

It's not so much the in-your-face supernatural stuff that makes the movies great, rather a suggestion of supernatural. In Raiders it was kind of spooky when Indy cracks open that thick bible to show the picture of the Ark.

"And what is that coming out of it...?"

"Light, fire... phhh--power of God or something--..."

John williams score giving us the impression that this item is Mystical. I prefer that over the ghosts or demons flying around and up your nose. I'd rather get chills thinking MAYBE there's something to it...
thegreatimposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2003, 12:32 PM   #5
bob
IndyFan

Indy does not belong in the world of the supernatural really, the artifacts Indy go after should have something more subtle than sheer constant supernatural power they should have a mystique about them and an expectation; i say it shouldnt go any further than Raiders because then Indy is not just an action movie but a fantasy movie.
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2003, 04:44 PM   #6
monkey

TGI and Bob,

Exactly!! I agree completely. I'm glad that other IJ fans see it that way too, because that's what I am aiming for in my IJ novel writing.

I thought that Raiders captured that feel the best. The other two went out on a limb a little bit, but not too far to break the branch.

The Indy novels on the other hand, I thought they went too far into the supernatural.
monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2003, 07:28 PM   #7
Skeletor
IndyFan

I wouldn't mind more ghostly supernatural elements added. Evil spirits and the like.

I think that could be really cool if done right.
Skeletor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2003, 10:14 AM   #8
Attila the Professor

Quote:
Originally posted by Skeletor
I wouldn't mind more ghostly supernatural elements added. Evil spirits and the like.

I think that could be really cool if done right.

IF
Attila the Professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2003, 12:13 PM   #9
swords
IndyFan

There was a article in which Spielberg claimed it would have a supernatural influence. I think he was just stating the obvious, of course theres going to be supernatural elements in # 4.

I think it will be carried out the same as the previous three, leaving the supernatural stuff to the end(though theres a small exception when ToD comes to mind).

The question, well it will only be as supernatural as the next one(or before).
swords is offline   Reply With Quote