img192.jpg

img201.jpg

img211.jpg

img221.jpg

img231.jpg

img241.jpg

Last edited:

Indy's brother

HMMMM. These "Treasures", are they real or virtual swag? To anyone that notices a trend in my tastes would know that I'm interested in that crystal skull.....

Edit: heck they all look too good to be true

Last edited:

Indy's brother

throwmetheidol said:
Funny you should ask - I just won #1 and #2 on eBay UK today -- and they do come with swag attached to each issue.

I'll post photos once they arrive...

Please do! I can't find anything online, just the same link that was posted in the thread starter. No pictures, sales,...nothing.

Montana Smith

The artifacts must be very small if they fit in the crate that comes with part 2.

The company doing this is GE Fabbri, who are doing the Bond Car Collection, so the pieces ought to be good quality. Each part is half the price of the Bond collection, which is an indication of the size of each treasure.

It still looks very tempting, though.

Just searched Google and there's barely anything about these.

The most I found was this site listing test launches for Autumn 2008:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=873299

17 September - Grampian TV
Indiana Jones & The Lost Treasure - GE Fabbri - Part 1 - £1.99, Part 2+ £3.99 5 parts testing
"Build up an awesome treasure trove of ancient artefacts
with Indiana Jones & the Lost Treasures. Every issue of
this exciting new magazine series for 7 to 12 year olds,
comes with a brilliant, high quality replica of the treasure
featured in the magazine, incl a crystal skull, a Roman
dagger & a set of ancient Greek coins. Part 1 comes with
a must-have model of Tutankhaum mask"

Further test launches for Grampian/Border TV areas for late September/October inc. "Build Your Own Model Railway
Village", "Ultimate Wildlife" , "Hannah Montana" and "Harry Potter Figurine Collection."

The GE Fabbri site is also dated 2008, so it looks like only 5 issues came out, and with a limited geographical release.

Last edited:

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
throwmetheidol said:
Funny you should ask - I just won #1 and #2 on eBay UK today -- and they do come with swag attached to each issue.

Yes, I saw the same listing on eBay and decided to investigate further so I sent an e-mail to the company for more info.

I imagine like a lot of Indiana Jones artifacts they are hidden somewhere in a warehouse...

Last edited:

Stoo

JuniorJones said:
Anyone know much about this?
Wow! Nice find, Junior! Did these actually slip under everyone's radar 2 years ago? The content is awfully similar to: Indy comic from UK Titan Magazine
Indy Brazil said:
I'm curious about this comic story.
Same here! A new Indy story!(y) I'd buy these for the comic alone.
throwmetheidol said:

Please do, Les.:hat:
Shouldn't this thread be in the Indy Literature section?:confused:

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Just to say I have had a response from the "managing agent", dbfactory, and they say it was released within a limited area but not nationwide. That's all the information they have.

I have ask them for details of the publishing company. Just waiting for a response.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Stoo said:
Shouldn't this thread be in the Indy Literature section?:confused:

Eh, there's swag involved, and lots of attempts at finding involved. But I'd be happy to see a more content-based thread appear in the Literature section.

Exulted Unicron

Thats interesting. I didn't know about this comic. I have all the issues of the Titan magazies and comics. I might have to track these down

The good news - mine arrived today in the mail. I received both issues 1 & 2.

The bad news - we are ALL going to be sad that these didn't continue as they are incredible! The relics are very high quality and the magazine is well thought out and tons of fun to read through.

mag_losttreaures1_f.JPG

mag_losttreaures1_b.JPG

I've posted a short article over at our site...

Les

Stoo

JuniorJones said:
Just to say I have had a response from the "managing agent", dbfactory, and they say it was released within a limited area but not nationwide. That's all the information they have.
That might explain why they snuck silenty by under everyone's noses. As childish as they may be, I want them! Thanks again for the 'heads up', Junior.:hat:
Attila the Professor said:
Eh, there's swag involved, and lots of attempts at finding involved. But I'd be happy to see a more content-based thread appear in the Literature section.
I suppose you're right (as usual). Maybe I'm focusing more on the printed material than the 'swag'.
Exulted Unicorn said:
Thats interesting. I didn't know about this comic. I have all the issues of the Titan magazies and comics. I might have to track these down
You have all of the Titans mags? I only have 3. Should you feel inclined, post some pics/reviews in the thread: Indy comic from UK Titan Magazine
throwmetheidol said:
Hooray, Les! Thanks for your brief review on your site. Hopefully there were more than just 2 issues because it seems much better than the Titan publication (which also came with some 'swag'). My biggest question is: Does the comic story have a title and a date in which it takes place? Another tale for the timeline...

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Les,

How about some nice high resolution scans of the comic.:D

the Titans mags? I only have 3. Should you feel inclined, post some pics/reviews in the thread: Indy comic from UK Titan Magazine

It limped on to nine issues. On the digital thread I made the first issue available as a sample of the series as I thought it may have been of interest.

Issue 1

IJC11.jpg

Issue 2

IJC21.jpg

Issue 3

IJC31.jpg

Issue 4

IJC41.jpg

Issue 5

IJC51.jpg

Issue 6

IJC61.jpg

Issue 7

IJC71.jpg

Issue 8

IJC81.jpg

Issue 9

IJC91.jpg

Last edited:

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Changed the title since the website doesn't work, and keeping it in the Collecting forum since the swag will draw lopsided interest. Would love to read those comics, Les!

Indy's brother

throwmetheidol said:

The bad news - we are ALL going to be sad that these didn't continue as they are incredible! The relics are very high quality and the magazine is well thought out and tons of fun to read through.

mag_losttreaures1_f.JPG

So the relic is what, about an inch, inch-and-a-half? Too bad these got discontinued. My kid is just at the right age and level of interest to have made these worth purchasing......

Thanks for posting the great pics, tmti!

I managed to acquire an open chest (with expansion) and most of the treasures... here's a shot -

mag_losttreaures_1.JPG

Almost all of them are made of metal - they are incredible! And yes - most measure approx. 2-3 inches or so.

I so wish this had run it's course and given us the promised 52 issues !!

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
throwmetheidol said:
I managed to acquire an open chest (with expansion) and most of the treasures... here's a shot -

I've assumed that only two issue were marketed, so is it the case that all 8 or so issues were released. Is this from a collector or directly from the publisher? Does it state an address for the actual publisher.

Montana Smith

JuniorJones said:
I've assumed that only two issue were marketed, so is it the case that all 8 or so issues were released. Is this from a collector or directly from the publisher? Does it state an address for the actual publisher.

I have a UK address for GE Fabbri from one of the James Bond Car Collection magazines:

GE Fabbri Ltd
133 Long Acre
London
WC2E 9AW

I read the other day that that the reason model companies tie up with magazines is because the tax on magazines is a lot less than on toys and models: it's effectively an international tax-dodge, which has the added benefit of making some great collections available.