General Indy 5 Thread - rumors and possibilities

Honestly...will there be another Indy film in the next decade?

• Total voters
indyt said:
Garden of Eden would be great, or another biblical artifact, like the bones of Elijah. Bib artifacts are my favorites. I would also like to see Indy in Iceland or searching for something from the Norse legends, Vikings! I know this is touched on in Hollow Earth, but there is much more. How about Thor's hammer!

but we already know where the Garden of Eden is. Jackson County, MO...right, Mormons?:confused:

Thor's hammer would be awesome...but Marvel has probably ruined that for us.

loganbush

featofstrength said:
but we already know where the Garden of Eden is. Jackson County, MO...right, Mormons?:confused:

Thor's hammer would be awesome...but Marvel has probably ruined that for us.
actually, I do agree biblical artifacts are the best. Why? Because they are familiar in our western culture.

Indy's brother

Originally Posted by Mungi
George Lucas talking:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1pprRuncrk

"Uh, well we're, you know, working on it, discussing with Steven,...trying to figure out a story. And for me that's always for me the hardest part. Once I get that part done, uh, you know, then it's his problem! (chuckles)"

"Well one of the hardest things is to find uh, what we call a MacGuffin, which is the object that he goes after. Youknow, because it has to be a very specific thing, uh, that has certain qualities about it and that sort of thing and there aren't very many of them in the world."

Well, I don't know how old this interview is, but it flies in the face of all the previous comments leading up to this.

Old interview, or misdirection?

Also, "there aren't that many of them in the world":

WAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Really?

Mungi said:
Translated by google - not perfect, but I think we can guess what he means.

".. I'll never be able to replace Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones. There is only one error Indiana and would be replaced. I do not know where to go with the following story. It's up to Steven Spielberg and George Lucas."

"There is no way of knowing. I'd love to, but I have no control over time, and nobody told me if I go back. All I know is that just are progressing in the field."

Sounds like Shia's now saying that he's not sure if he's gonna be in it. Karen Allen doesn't know if she's going to be in it. Ford is trying to convince Sean Connery to come back. If all of this is to be believed,.......prequel......? That's a pretty long sequence of all leaps of faith, but it had to be said, I guess.

(Indy's brother wonders if it's even worth hoping for something this awesome)

Last edited:

Indy's brother

Oh, and here's the Babelfish translation of that Shia interview. Still garbeled, but a little more intelligible:

Recognized and young actor Shia LaBeouf (Transformers), who in these days promotes his new one preliquefies; ?Wall s$street: Money Never Sleeps?, offered an interview to means in which it made interesting declarations related to his new participation in Indiana Jones 5. Concretely IT DOES NOT KNOW IF IT WILL BE PART OF the TAPE! ?

?. I am never going to be able to replace to Harrison Ford like Indiana Jones. There is a single Indiana and it would be an error to replace it. I do not know where they will go with the following history. Everything depends on Steven Spielberg and George Lucas.
But you will be in that new version?

?There is no form to know it. It would enchant to me, but I do not have any control in that aspect and nobody said to me if I return. I only know that just they are progressing in the subject.?
Also one has known that own Ford would be tempting the retired officer Are Connery so that it returns to be part of the sequel. However, its refusal continues incambiable.

JP Jones

Indy's brother said:

Really?
"Really" what? 1 ark, 3 sankara stones, 1 grail, and maybe 2 crystal skulls. Unless 3 is a lot, MacGuffins aren't very abundant.

Indy's brother

JP Jones said:
"Really" what? 1 ark, 3 sankara stones, 1 grail, and maybe 2 crystal skulls. Unless 3 is a lot, MacGuffins aren't very abundant.

JP:

http://raven.theraider.net/showthread.php?t=10540

not to mention all of the individual threads about specific ideas that weren't included in this thread. You're right, three is not a lot. There are many more out there.

It's not really an unpopular view on the quantity of relics for Indy to get involved with.

May 19, 2008
Spielberg: "It's up to you. There's always a lot of material left for Indiana Jones, and many other paranormal Macguffins or icons to go after... I would like to say if the audience likes this one and they put those same demands on us it's going to be hard for us to say no. But it's not up to me, it's up to them."

Here's the link to Moedred's list of Indy 5 quotes.
:hat:

JP Jones

Indy's brother said:
JP:

http://raven.theraider.net/showthread.php?t=10540

not to mention all of the individual threads about specific ideas that weren't included in this thread. You're right, three is not a lot. There are many more out there.

It's not really an unpopular view on the quantity of relics for Indy to get involved with.
George meant there is only one or two of the certain McGuffin. Or at least that's what I got from it.

JP Jones

Indy's brother said:
Sorry JP, I guess I don't really know what you mean. :confused:
George (as I heard it) was defining what a MacGuffin was and he said it is something that there is not many of (i.e. 1 ark, 1Grail, 2 Skulls)

"Uh, well we're, you know, working on it, discussing with Steven,...trying to figure out a story. And for me that's always for me the hardest part. Once I get that part done, uh, you know, then it's his problem! (chuckles)"

"Well one of the hardest things is to find uh, what we call a MacGuffin, which is the object that he goes after. You know, because it has to be a very specific thing, uh, that has certain qualities about it and that sort of thing and there aren't very many of them in the world."

I don't necessarily take from that quote that they haven't decided on a MacGuffin yet. He says that's the one of the hardest things, but doesn't say that they are still trying to choose one.

Regardless, I think all statements about Indy 5 short of an official announcement that it is or is not happening definitely have to be taken with a grain of salt, as is evidenced by all of the contradicting information. If you try to make sense of all of this information and how it ties together you could twist your brain into a pretzel, and even if you think you've got it figured out you'll probably end up being wrong.

The waiting is extremely frustrating. :mad:

Indy's brother

robisindy said:
If you try to make sense of all of this information and how it ties together you could twist your brain into a pretzel, and even if you think you've got it figured out you'll probably end up being wrong.

The waiting is extremely frustrating. :mad:

Absolutely true, however it was entertaining to read through that artifact thread I posted a link to a few hours ago. Some of the pre-kotcs posts were danger close!

berelain19 said:
something mayan
Dr. Sartorious said:
Indy could investage the meaning of Starchild skulls in Mexico
Eric Solo said:
Indy finds hidden chamber in the great pyramid with some futuristic looking stuff in it.
kongisking said:
El Dorado
And even this one which remains to be proven or disproven regarding that recent "insider" rumor!
WrathofGod said:
Indiana Jones and the devils triangle.

I could probably spend a month sifting through old threads to show which posts and rumors scored direct hits on KOTCS......and for many fans the speculation is just as fun if not more so than the actual film. I don't fit into this category, personally, I'm just impatiently waiting for GL to come through.

After waiting so long for Indy 4, the prospect of never knowing until it's undeniably too late in the game for an Indy 5 for even diehard hold-outs such as myself is a pretty miserable one.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Indy's brother said:
which posts and rumors scored direct hits on KOTCS...
Mainly this one.

I look forward to fandom at large moving from "why" to "what." The big holdup, still, is Red Tails (2011). Lucas is not the multitasker he once was.

Montana Smith

Indy's brother said:
Well, I don't know how old this interview is, but it flies in the face of all the previous comments leading up to this.

All these quotes and rumours that are emerging aren't really news. It's as though every now and then one of the individuals previously involved is asked about Indy 5 by the media, and they respond to the best of their ability: that is, they haven't got a clue what's happening. When this 'rumour' gets printed it then looks initially like Indy 5 is still happening. Though we barely need to read between the lines to understand that nobody is sure!

Indy's brother said:

Really?

I also read George's statement the same way: that he meant there weren't many "specific" artifacts in the world with the "certain qualities" that he's looking for.

I also agree that it was a strange thing to say, since there are plenty of other "specific" artifacts in the world of myhology, such as Thor's Hammer of the Spear of Longinus.

While the Ark, Grail and Aliens are big ones, TOD even went for something less specific in the Sankara Stones that Indy encountered, as they were specific to the village in India (the Stones weren't unique, and other villages might have their own).

So, George doesn't even have a track record of using just the big world-wide myth artifacts.

Indy's brother said:
Sounds like Shia's now saying that he's not sure if he's gonna be in it. Karen Allen doesn't know if she's going to be in it. Ford is trying to convince Sean Connery to come back. If all of this is to be believed,.......prequel......? That's a pretty long sequence of all leaps of faith, but it had to be said, I guess.

(Indy's brother wonders if it's even worth hoping for something this awesome)

I'm not getting the feeling that they'll go for a prequel. I'm thinking that would cause confusion, considering Indy was re-launched in 2008 after a 19 year big-screen absence. Now he's been re-established I think they'll push forward in time, rather than jump backwards again.

What I do think is that these quotes from Shia and Karen demonstrate that they know as little as we do about what's going on!

kevster

Indy's brother said:

I asked the user on youtube, but probably it's from a few months ago...

Indy's brother

Montana Smith said:
What I do think is that these quotes from Shia and Karen demonstrate that they know as little as we do about what's going on!

Well, Shia's previous quote stated that he was called in to SS's office and given a summary of Indy 5. He has not retracted this, and no one else involved has called b.s. on it. If he was called in, and SS pitched the plot to him, he is probably in it. Also, that means they do have a story. And most likely a macguffin. Karen Allen's bit with Mitchell Hallock indicated that she knew something. The more recent quotes are suspiciously "less informative". "Secretive" would be another term. "Intentionally obtuse" could be another. :rolleyes:

JP Jones

bergstrom said:
having Shia in this again will mean they learnt nothing from the fan reaction to him in Indy 4. I hated him in it.
You have "fan reaction" and "I" refering to the same thing. Just because you didn't like him doesn't mean everyone didn't like him.