Marvel's Indy comics!

VP said:
Finnish version:

iso_vr_sarjis_1000.jpg

I have that! :) My father was in Sweden about eh... 10 years ago now I guess and bought that as a gift for me. Also bought me some issues of Young Indy and Star Wars (Marvel). :)

Indy's Fist

I was not happy with the LC one. It was B&W. Both of the previous ones were in full color, so was the standard comic size ones. For some reason they went cheap on this one!:mad:

phantom train

Quote:

"Love the first few issues of Further Adventures with the John Byrne artwork.
Classic stuff."

I whole-heartedly agree - the first two issues of the IJ Marvel series with the Byrne artwork were superb - here's hoping they're reprinted (with the covers) in volume 3 of the DH IJ omnibuses.

In these Omnibuses, I also hope to see reprints of the IJ film adaptations (especially Raiders and TOD). Though these comics obviously weren't as good as the films themselves, it will be cool to see them reprinted again, if only for the nostalgia factor.

yodazone

Stoo said:
Nice find! Never heard of that before. U.K. printing only?

Must be. I've seen "UK only" Annuals from the Marvel Star Wars line that were released in the late '90s but were were never released or reprinted since in other territories.

I sent the seller a question for more info on this Annual (Page count, artists/writers and story content in the book). I'll post here if I hear back.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

yodazone

I heard back from the seller and it sounds like this "Indy Annual" features 2 stories:

- Gateway to Infinity *
- The Harbingers*

- 64 page book

Writer - David Michelinie
Artist - Ron Frenz

(*reprints of Marvel Indiana Jones 4 & 5)

IndianaJonesAnnual.jpg

Looks like a reprint book for this Indy Annual!

(y) (y) (y)

Indy fan 235

I have good memories of the Marvel Indy comics. I'm hoping Dark Horse will reprint them in their Omnibus books like they did with the old Marvel Star Wars books.

Does anyone remember back in the 90's, when Dark Horse was putting out the Indy comics, they put out a magazine of sorts that was both issues of Dark Horse Star Wars comics and Indy comics?

I think, if I remember correctly, they did this when they first started to make the comics.

Indy fan 235 said:
I have good memories of the Marvel Indy comics. I'm hoping Dark Horse will reprint them in their Omnibus books like they did with the old Marvel Star Wars books.

Does anyone remember back in the 90's, when Dark Horse was putting out the Indy comics, they put out a magazine of sorts that was both issues of Dark Horse Star Wars comics and Indy comics?

I think, if I remember correctly, they did this when they first started to make the comics.

Yeah, they were UK exclusives I'm pretty sure. I've Dark Forces/ Fate of Atlantis like that.

Indy fan 235

ResidentAlien said:
Yeah, they were UK exclusives I'm pretty sure. I've Dark Forces/ Fate of Atlantis like that.

I thought as much they were from the UK, thanks for clarifying that for me.

Those were pretty cool.

yodazone

I always wondered if those UK issues ever had any exclusive Indy stories in them. Is the artwork enlarged in the magazine format??

:confused: :confused:

Indy fan 235

yodazone said:
I always wondered if those UK issues ever had any exclusive Indy stories in them. Is the artwork enlarged in the magazine format??

:confused: :confused:

If I remember correctly, it was just the Indy comic from the Dark Horse comics already released. Nothing exclusive. The artwork was enlarged.

Of course, I am thining back something like 10-15 years ago, but I think that is how it went.

They were pretty cool though.