Sheet Music

I found Marion's Theme on eBay, and will post it here with the hope there are more of you out there that might do the same. Thanks in advance!

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
I would love Marion's Theme! Is it piano sheet music?

I will post my "The Raiders March" piano sheet music in return. It's an easy one to play.

Short Rounded

Violet Indy said:

I will post my "The Raiders March" piano sheet music in return. It's an easy one to play.
I have figured out Marion's theme by ear, but can not wright it down. Never learned how:( ...wish I knew!:whip: I've been looking for the Raiders March. Can you play it without not knowing how to properly read music? Is it for piano?

Violet Indy said:

It IS piano, I will post it tomorrow during the day. I look forward to hearing your opinion, and others as well.

Which movie is your Raiders March from? I've seen different versions. Store purchased? Published by?
Looking forward to that! Thanks!

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Rocket Surgeon said:
It IS piano, I will post it tomorrow during the day. I look forward to hearing your opinion, and others as well.

Which movie is your Raiders March from? I've seen different versions. Store purchased? Published by?
Looking forward to that! Thanks!

Raiders of the Lost Ark version the one without Marion's Theme incorporated. It was photocopied for me by a friend during my time in the high school band (and before you say anything, no I didn't go to band camp and I am not a flute player!) so I'm not sure of the exact publisher or the store it was purchased from.

@ Short Rounded: Yes, piano. I do know it's a pretty easy arrangement version, you can be a beginning player to play this one. However, I don't know how one can play from sheet music if they don't know the very basics of reading sheet music! If you know how long to hold a note and your scales, then I don't see how you wouldn't be able to play it. When you see it I guess, you'll figure out if you can read it. If not, I can give you some theory basics to help you out.

Stoo

Rocket Surgeon said:
I found Marion's Theme on eBay, and will post it here with the hope there are more of you out there that might do the same. Thanks in advance!
By all means, please do. I've been trying to figure out the tune from "Curse of the Jackal/Spring Break Adventure" where Indy & Frank hitch-hike to Mexico (the tune with the whistling) and will post the guitar tablature when I'm done.

Great idea for a thread, Rocket! Any and all piano, guitar, etc. music could be posted here. Do you have the notes for "Jackety Sax", too?:)

Rocket Surgeon said:
As the title Page says this is from Raiders, if there are any other music related questions please ask. I encourage you to post your own Indiana Jones Music. When , (if) you do please include sources...Thanks again!

3399221213_47906286ae.jpg

3399220173_e644270a9a_b.jpg

3399216587_35f69b0eba_b.jpg

No Jackety Sax,but when I do, you'll be the first to know...

Last edited:

loganbush

I want the notes for Marion's theme really bad! And the other part of Raiders march.

EDIT: The pic hadn't loaded when I typed that. Thanks abunch!

loganbush said:
I want the notes for Marion's theme really bad! And the other part of Raiders march. EDIT: The pic hadn't loaded when I typed that. Thanks abunch!

No problem, Violet said she would post her Raiders March, I'm sure she just has to find it. The Crystal Skull version is still out in music stores...

Darth Vile

Rocket Surgeon said:
As the title Page says this is from Raiders, if there are any other music related questions please ask. I encourage you to post your own Indiana Jones Music. When , (if) you do please include sources...Thanks again!

Thanks Rocket. Much appreciated...

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Rocket Surgeon said:
No problem, Violet said she would post her Raiders March, I'm sure she just has to find it. The Crystal Skull version is still out in music stores...

Yeah, I am currently searching Warehouse 51 for the bloody thing. Blame Mum, she rearranged the bookshelves and cupboards so I've been digging at the cupboard looking whilst not being the most well right now. I will find it, no worries and as soon as I do, I will post it (btw it is 6 pages long!).

Almost two weeks and what?

You guys/gals have to have SOMETHING to contribute! There are some different skill level versions out there. If you have any please post them!

Well, here's an easy version with an optional duet accompaniment.

3442236394_ebddc7aaf3.jpg

3441414977_51cc9661b9_b.jpg

3442228778_bc9e7b814e_b.jpg

3441415325_88ee0e7ecb_b.jpg

3442229744_dbbd9ee0c7_b.jpg
:dead:

Last edited:

Stoo

Tablature for "Whistling Tune" from Curse of the Jackal/Spring Break Adventure

Stoo said:
I've been trying to figure out the tune from "Curse of the Jackal/Spring Break Adventure" where Indy & Frank hitch-hike to Mexico (the tune with the whistling) and will post the guitar tablature when I'm done.
For those who care, here are the tabs. Same key as the soundtrack. The top part is repeated twice:

E---5-5-6-5--------5-----5-5-6-5--------5-----------------------
B------------8-6-8----------------8-6-8---6---------------------
G--------------------7-5-----------------------------------------
D----------------------------------------------------------------
A----------------------------------------------------------------
E----------------------------------------------------------------

and the whimsical part that follows it:

E-----5-8-10-8-6-5-5-------5-8-6-5----------------------6------
B---6-----------------8---8---------8-8-6---6-6-8-6-5-3---5-6--
G-----------------------7------------------5---------------------
D----------------------------------------------------------------
A----------------------------------------------------------------
E----------------------------------------------------------------

Hope any guitar-lovin', Young Indy fans out there enjoy playing this as much as I do!

Short Rounded

Map Room: Dawn

I am trying to find sheet music for The Map Room: Dawn. If anybody has it, could you please post it here, along with an easy tutorial (if possible i.e. "Then the 30th key...") for piano? Thank you, as for this will help me alot!:whip:

As good a place as any to post it...

John Williams says he wrote with Murphy in mind for Indiana Jones...

Maurice Murphy, the former principal cornet player of Black Dyke and for over 30 years, the principal trumpet player of the London Symphony Orchestra has been awarded the MBE in the Queen’s New Year’s Honour’s List.

MBE

The Order of the British Empire, Member (MBE) is in regonition of his services to music.

Maurice Harrison Murphy was born in Hammersmith in 1935, before moving to the North East and playing for Crookhall and Harton before a move to the Yewco Band.

'...he cemented his reputation as one of the leading trumpeters in the orchestral world, and his distinctive sound was heard to millions of fans on Hollywood films'

He later moved to Fairey’s as assistant principal cornet but in March 1957 became principal cornet of Black Dyke succeeding David Pratt. He stayed with the band until 1962, his last appearance with the band at a concert in Bradford in May that year.

Murphy later became a revered orchestral trumpeter with the BBC Northern Symphony Orchestra before his move to the London Symphony Orchestra in 1977.

There he cemented his reputation as one of the leading trumpeters in the orchestral world, and his distinctive sound was heard to millions of fans on Hollywood films such as 'Star Wars', 'Superman' and 'Raiders of the Lost Ark'.

He officially retired from the principal position in 2007 but still played regularly with the orchestra as well as undertaking high profile freelance work.

In 2009 he returned briefly to the banding world to present his great friend Richard Evans with his All England Masters Dedicated Service Award.