Hamilton watch

mini-inferno

Hi all,
I've gone through all the Indy films, but can never recall him ever wearing a wristwatch. Indy's dad has a pocket watch, but never Indy, unless it's hidden under the cuff of his jacket. But if Indy did wear a watch, what do you reckon he'd wear? My own thoughts are it would be a army issue writstwatch or something similar because of the demands of adventuring.
cheers all,
Mike(y)

Goodeknight

FZ7CIXHH0OJ15LR.LARGE.jpg

Duh!

Montana Smith

How Indians Tell Time Skit

Action

Announcer: "The ancient Indians will now demonstrate how they tell time." The Indians dance around the fire loudly. After a while they stop and pretend to listen for a sound. They dance around the fire again and listen for a sound
( Hidden Scout offstage): Shut-up, it's 2:30 in the morning!

Equipment

Just a campfire

Preparation

About 4-8 scouts circle around the campfire. 1 scout hides offstage.

http://www.scoutorama.com/skit/sk_display.cfm?sk_id=279

duh.gif

mini-inferno

Awesome watch.

Yep, Goodeknight that's definitely the watch Indy would wear. Just wondering, how accurate is it? Good thing about it is you'll never need batteries. Thanks also for posting the photo - great pic!
regards,
mini-inferno:D

Finn

Staff member
Montana Smith said:
That works, too.

A cowboy is riding through the desert. Suddenly he sees a buck-naked Indian lying on his back on top of a large flat rock, sporting a massive, well, boner.

"What the hell...?" wonders the cowboy and rides closer. "Howdy, pardner! Everything all right?"

"Good day, white man. All is fine, yes. Just telling the time."

"Telling the time...?"

"The sun casts a shadow, see?"

True enough, there are small dots of warpaint around the redskin's private parts - and the shadow tells the time accurately, as the cowboy can confirm by looking at his own pocket watch.

The cowboy rides on, arrives to the edge of the desert and decides to make camp. Suddenly, he hears a rustle from a nearby bush. Thinking it's some kind of wild animal, he draws his six-shooter and edges forward... And to his surprise, comes across another Indian, who is vehemently doing some... "handiwork".

Upon noticing the intruder, the Indian looks up and grunts:

"What's the matter, white man? First time you see a man wind his watch?"

indywannabbe

Ive often wonder what type of watch Indy would wear. But I guess their not that important on his adventures.

But I imagine a leather strap watch of some kind. Not the stainless steel dress watches.

Tibor

I always assumed he had a regular Hamilton Standard from his war years, but maybe not if you're a spy - kinda gives it away. But still, after the war I'd think something plain. Didn't old Indy have a pocket watch?

Montana Smith

Tibor said:
I always assumed he had a regular Hamilton Standard from his war years, but maybe not if you're a spy - kinda gives it away. But still, after the war I'd think something plain. Didn't old Indy have a pocket watch?

Hamilton: The Khaki Field

Field watches are hot these days, but this one (the official timepiece of Indiana Jones) is actually meant for "the field." Change the straps as you wear them out, as the ETA Swiss movement will likely outlast the bracelet — and may outlive you too.

http://www.esquire.com/the-side/sty...ches-of-all-time-hamilton-khaki-field#slide-2

esq-hamilton-khaki-automatic-0711-lg.jpg

"the official timepiece of Indiana Jones" ?

harrison-ford-hamilton-khaki-watch.gif

Hamilton_BTCA2012_HarrisonFord.jpg

And then there's this piece of fiction(?)

http://www.giftworldminimall.com/Indiana Jones Watch.htm

indywannabbe

That Hamilton doesn't seem rustic enough for an Indy watch. I imagined something with roman numerals perhaps and less modern looking.

indytim

I've stumbled across this article (click here) from 2011 featured on the Esquire magazine website that proclaims that the Hamilton Khaki Field watch is 'the official timepiece of Indiana Jones'.

This is the first time I've seen such a proclamation being made. Has anyone else heard of this claim by Hamilton Watches? I know that the company has been associated with Harrison Ford in the past (click here) but never the character of Indy. Maybe the writer at Esquire confused reality and fiction :confused:

That said, it definitely looks like a watch Indy would wear out in the field.

nrm_1423583287-esq-hamilton-khaki-automatic-0711-lg.jpg