Young Indiana Jones magazine...

lightsyder

I believe this magazine only made it to one issue, right? What was the comic in it about? Was it an adaptation of an episode or something totally new? anyone know where I can get a copy or at least see a scan or description of the comic?

yodazone

Some scans would be excellent. (y)

It's a 2-page "Young Indy" comic by Adam Hughes and Kurt Busiek. Kurt Busiek has the original art pages.

Stoo

I few people on this forum have the mag but I've never seen the contents online.
It has been discussed here in the Young Indy forum (and I think the Collecting one)
but that's about it. Would love to get my hands on this sucker!

Is there a title for the comic? I'm wondering if it's the same as "Young Indiana Jones and the Mountains of Superstition"?
Some scans would be awesome. Anyone?

yodazone

Stoo said:
I few people on this forum have the mag but I've never seen the contents online.
It has been discussed here in the Young Indy forum (and I think the Collecting one)
but that's about it. Would love to get my hands on this sucker!

Is there a title for the comic? I'm wondering if it's the same as "Young Indiana Jones and the Mountains of Superstition"?
Some scans would be awesome. Anyone?

A pic is of the magazine cover is somewhere in one of the threads in here....I think a poster here owns one.

:)

Stoo

Hey, yoda. As I mentioned, more than one member here has it. The cover has been shown plenty of times.
I've just never seen inside! Here it is again...;)

From Ihatesnakes.com:
officialmagLG.jpg

yodazone

Yea, that's the one. I've been wanting to see those 2 pagers for a long time. Mainly for the Adam Hughes art.

:whip:

yodazone

http://indianajones.wikia.com/wiki/Mid-Atlantic,_April_1916

yep, that's the one....

- Mid-Atlantic, April 1916 is a comic by Dark Horse Comics released in The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles magazine.

Plot summary
It begins with Indiana Jones and Remy Baudouin on a steamer from Vera Cruz, Mexico on their way to Europe to enlist. Indy overhears a German spy trying to talk the Mexican crew into mutiny but his quick thinking saves the day.

Writer: Kurt Busiek
Penciller: Adam Hughes
Inker: Karl Story
Colorist: Sean Tierney
Editor: Barbara Kesel
Timeline: April 1916

- Characters: Indiana Jones, Remy Baudouin, German spy and Mexican crewmen unnamed

(y)

I really hope Dark Horse doesn't forget about this rare short story when they reprint the next Indy Omnibuses.

Maybe the same person who loaded that info on Indy wiki could post a scan of the 2 pages....

Stoo

Awesome, lightsyder!(y) That storyline sounds vaguely familiar so I must have read about it before and completely forgot.

yodazone

yea, and it matches with what Kurt Busiek mentioned the other day about the story's setting:

"KB: It was set on a ship at sea, and was about the Zimmerman Telegram."

(y)