The Old Indiana Jones Chronicles

Adamwankenobi

Thanks! I've still got to do bookends for Raiders, but I'm having a hard time finding a McGuffin. :p

EDIT: I just realized I got the parent/kids mixed up. Oh well, I guess we can say Daphne is watching her nephew and niece. ;)

Last edited:

Bullwhip

Stoo said:
I just uploaded Part 1 of "The Old Indiana Jones Chronicles" which is
my compilation of all the bookends in their original broadcast order.
If you're longing to hear the opening theme and see the credits once
again, here's the place. Plus, I added a bumper with George Hall's voice.

This one is the often seen, "Curse of the Jackal", but the others will
soon follow. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WP1XQK8cUrg

I love you.

Flannery10

It's been a while since you uploaded the last bookends, Stoo! I'm really looking forward to see the Petrograd and the Scandal ones. Are you gonna upload some more soon?

Stoo

I will but am having trouble with the first pair in "Scandal". The opener of Part 1 is in French
and I wish to add subtitles. Having difficulty with the translation and one of the files is corrupted.
Any French-speaking, Young Indy fans who can help out?

Guess who I'll be calling when I get to the German "Transylvania" bookends?;)

Here's a grim situation:
I had to redo my "Scandal" Part 2 DVD because it was screwy and the VHS tape got chewed up by my VCR
The tape will not eject at all!:mad: With not enough time to bring the machine in for repairs, it is sitting at home
in Canada with the top lid off and spools of unwound tape coming out of it.

Fortunately, I have a copy of those bookends other DVDs but it doesn't look good for my poor, "Scandal" tape.:eek:

Bullwhip said:
I love you.
Awww...:D Glad you're enjoying them!

Flannery10

How come you have some of them in English and some of them in French or German? Just curious!

Thank god you made copies of those bookends. I used to speak French quite well, but I haven't spoken it it years, so it's kinda rusty. I wish I could help you with those, but I'll definetely help you with the German ones.

tupogirl

I have some in German:). From a trade. But it's very fuzzy.

Good luck on getting your VCR fixed when you get home.

Flannery10

tupogirl said:
I have some in German:). From a trade. But it's very fuzzy.

If you need them translated, just ask. I'd be glad to see (and especially, hear) the bookends in German again.

Flannery10

tupogirl said:
Aw thanks, Flannery 10. :) It's the Vlad episode so I don't think there are bookends to it.

There are, but many people don't know that, because it was never aired on US TV as a single episode (perhaps it was, but not on the originally planned date and time). I'm not sure if all the bookends were kept or synchronized for the German episodes, because they aired the episodes in a different order there.

That's a problem the Germans have with the DVDs by the way. They can't find a german synchronization for all the re-edits, because some of them never aired on German TV and only 12 of the 22 were released on VHS back in 2000. Perhaps they should release the originals with the bookends in Germany. (y)

tupogirl

LOL, there you go! I found that my versions were so blurry, they were unwatchable.

Oh yeah. I remember you guys talking about the bookends for that one, a Halloween episode if I am correct.

Stoo

Flannery10 said:
How come you have some of them in English and some of them in French or German? Just curious!

but I'll definetely help you with the German ones.
Great! I've picked out a few words but that's it. I got this episode in a trade which is why it's German (recorded from ORF 1).

I missed the 1st 10mins. of "Scandal" but managed to record them when it was repeated on a French channel.
This episode is unique as it has 2 sets of bookends: the taxi and the theatre. There's only about 1 min. of French
dialogue but there's a couple of words I don't understand. C'mon French Young Indy fans, where are you?

Actually, I could just post them as they are but would rather do this right!:)

tupogirl said:
Thanks, tupes. I've had a lot of experience with chewed up tapes but can honestly say this is the WORST.
It's not so much the VCR that I'm worried about (as it has served me well), it's the danged tape! I also have
some good documetary footage on there that relates (Gershwin, etc.):mad: Anyway, I think the VCR is toast.

Flannery10 said:
There are, but many people don't know that, because it was never aired on US TV as a single episode (perhaps it was, but not on the originally planned date and time).
Not in The States, that I know of. It's very likely it (and all the Euro epsiodes) was shown in parts of Canada
on the French version of the CBC when they aired the series in 1994. One, rainy afternoon, I caught "Florence"
just starting and, again, flew to the VCR! (Which also explains why I only have the closing bookend for that one.):(

Interesting news about the German synchronization, Flannery.

fommes

I've got the English bookends for those episodes on VHS, Stoo, with Dutch subtitles. And I got Florence from the BBC, if I'm not mistaken, so that doesn't have any subtitles. So if you don't understand fragments let me know which, or I may do a quick transcription.

Flannery10

That's great, fommes. Do you have the opening bookend for the Florence episode, cause it'd be great to have it on youtube, too.

I was always looking forward to see those Scandal bookends. I read the descriptions on the Internet and they seem to be really funny. How does Old Indy sound in French, Stoo? I vaguely remember Old Indy's voice in German.

fommes

Sure, I'll try and post it on youtube when occasion arises - that could be a few more weeks though (for several practical reasons, like a better VCR).

tupogirl

Thanks, tupes. I've had a lot of experience with chewed up tapes but can honestly say this is the WORST.
It's not so much the VCR that I'm worried about (as it has served me well), it's the danged tape! I also have
some good documetary footage on there that relates (Gershwin, etc.) Anyway, I think the VCR is toast.

I remember back in the 90's when VCR's cost about $100 to replace. Now they last maybe 2 years and cost less than $30:p. The tapes are definitely the harder thing to replace!

T.E.Lawrence

tupogirl said:
Aw thanks, Flannery 10. :) It's the Vlad episode so I don't think there are bookends to it.

The Transylvania episode was broadcasted with bookends.

If I can remember correctly it starts with Halloween and the children are ringing to Indy's house with masks. It reminds a little bit to an E.T. scene :)

Indy enters them in the house and starts a story about Vlad.

At the end of story Indy scares them with the artificial dracula teeth and the children are running scared out of the house :D

If anyone of you has a bootleg soundtrack of "Young Indiana Jones Chronicles Volume 5" by Curt Sobel, some of the tracks there are from that bookend.
I have almost been able to contact Curt Sobel by a person who knew him few years ago but didn't made it.

I am also trying to establish a contact with a person that I meet few years ago over the Internet. He has all the original broadcast transfered to DVD from a 1st generation brodcast VHS SP copy. I am trying to establish a contact and aquire a DVDs.

Marty McFly

T.E.Lawrence said:
The Transylvania episode was broadcasted with bookends.

If I can remember correctly it starts with Halloween and the children are ringing to Indy's house with masks. It reminds a little bit to an E.T. scene :)

Indy enters them in the house and starts a story about Vlad.

At the end of story Indy scares them with the artificial dracula teeth and the children are running scared out of the house :D

If anyone of you has a bootleg soundtrack of "Young Indiana Jones Chronicles Volume 5" by Curt Sobel, some of the tracks there are from that bookend.
I have almost been able to contact Curt Sobel by a person who knew him few years ago but didn't made it.

I am also trying to establish a contact with a person that I meet few years ago over the Internet. He has all the original broadcast transfered to DVD from a 1st generation brodcast VHS SP copy. I am trying to establish a contact and aquire a DVDs.

Haha, I was wondering how Old Indy would have told people that story. It was just so out there that no one would have believed him.

Peacock's-Eye

To be honest - I do not miss "Old Indy" - at all.

I'm a very loyal fan - at the time I thought, "Ok, I see the point, and GL wants to try this, and the actor is fun to watch. So..."

But I think those (dare I say "preachy"?) bookends turned off alot of people.

To this day, I think they should have done the first season with just Sean, sans bookends, instead of throwing people into the deep end. I love the show - overall, best thing GL ever produced - but even I thought, "A coming of age story about a 9 year old kid isn't what most people think of when you say Indiana Jones..."