The Old Indiana Jones Chronicles

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Crack that whip said:
Deirdre, Indy's first wife (that we know about ;) ), is a character in a couple of the novels. She's not in any of the movies or TV shows.

And the third is really just me making trouble. Although, in '57, Marion is likely at least 45. So if she's going to have another kid, she should be quick about it.

InexorableTash

My parents refer to my wife as their daughter (the "in-law" is not even implied in their tone), and my wife gets along better with my parents than hers. I am going under the assumption that one of Henry's "daughters" is actually Mrs. Mutt. Possibly Spike's mom, continuing the patrilineal tradition of being named after the dog.

Stoo

Jeremiah Jones said:
Well worth the wait as always Stoo, makes me extra sad to miss out on what happened later on between Indy and Sophie. 'Indiana Jones in a retirement home Inconcievable!!'
This is what makes the "Vienna" bookends so interesting. The fact that Old Indy alludes to another tale which is never seen NOR planned for one of the unproduced episodes (that we know about). As for quotes: I like, "Move that junk heap, pal!" from the very end of the "Northern Italy" parking lot scene. The way Indy flips them off by raising his cane in the air is reminiscient of some by-gone whip action.:whip:

Junior Jones said:
I never picked up on this before, but he tells the psychologist that his children think he's crazy. That's plural. Somehow Mutt is not an only child?!
Well, Junior, my friend...you're either getting older or suffering from amnesia because you've already participated in the following thread! Indy has a daughter?;) Also, she is very briefly seen in the closing bookend with Spike & neighbours (as pointed out to Adamwankenobi in this thread after Part 7 was posted). Maybe you missed that?:confused:

Annie Jones said:
You might be interested in watching these videos for your answer:
"Ireland" is up next for part of Chapter 9!:)

fommes said:
As I finished watching, I was just thinking how the logo for the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles is bright and new and whatnot, and how you've made your logo for the Old IJ in a silent-film fashion, whereas - conversely - the adventures of YIJ actually take place during that early cinema era, and the "adventures" of the OIJ are contemporary. Anyway, not that this observation is in any way interesting...
Oh, the irony!:) Never thought of that, fommes, but it's an observation worth noting. The grainy look fits, though, since the bookends have become vintage Indy-lore with a new generation of fans. It would be cool to see a flickering, b&w YIJ logo and a crisp OIJ one in colour. Did anyone notice a difference with the opening theme?

Attila the Professor said:
From his second wife. Well, third, counting Deidre.
Or...from a previous affair. Because of "Skull", we now know that wedlock is not necessarily a requirement for Indy to sire his offspring...

Inexorable Tash said:
My parents refer to my wife as their daughter (the "in-law" is not even implied in their tone), and my wife gets along better with my parents than hers. I am going under the assumption that one of Henry's "daughters" is actually Mrs. Mutt. Possibly Spike's mom, continuing the patrilineal tradition of being named after the dog.
She's definitely Spike's mom but the "in-law" angle is something I considered in the thread linked above. Not that it matters (in the grand scheme of things) but pondering the subject amuses me.:eek:

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
I've personally always thought that "Susan Daphne" was an orphan after KOTCS or perhaps as it's been said by others she is an In Law that feels close to Indy.

Stoo, you might want to brief me again on who's kids are who's? I get that Susan is Spike's Mum (possibly Mutt's son, which would fit as Spike was the nephew of Fonzie in "Happy Days" and would be a nice retro reference, typical of George). Who's the parents of Annie and Lucy? Are they Caroline's kids?

Perhaps it's time we did a family tree since there hasn't been one done before and perhaps that way we can clear it up a little and there are other Indy rellies mentioned in books like the YIJC novels and in the young Indy side of the series (like cousin Frank and Aunt Mary, who's the younger sister to Henry Snr)?

AnnieJones

Violet Indy said:
Perhaps it's time we did a family tree since there hasn't been one done before and perhaps that way we can clear it up a little and there are other Indy rellies mentioned in books like the YIJC novels and in the young Indy side of the series (like cousin Frank and Aunt Mary, who's the younger sister to Henry Snr)?

There is a video on YouTube called Indiana Jones and his Family Tree(updated 2/1/09),which can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-p54GO1yWRs

AnnieJones

Crack that whip said:
Deirdre, Indy's first wife (that we know about ;) ), is a character in a couple of the novels. She's not in any of the movies or TV shows.

Yes,I already know about Deirdre Campbell Jones,but as far as I know Indy didn't have a third wife.That's what I was confused about.

AnnieJones

Stoo said:
Below is a preview inspired by the Young Indy TV Guide issue (that I don't have. Hi, Metalin.;) )

StooTV_07_Medium.jpg

Hey Stoo,was it inspired by this one?
BIG_Young_Indiana_Jones_Chronicles_TV_Guide_Feb_29_1992-262x352.jpg

Stoo

AnnieJones said:
Hey Stoo,was it inspired by this one?
You got it. That's the one, Annie, (and the only one)!:D

Coming soon to a computer screen near you...CHAPTER 9!:)

Stoo

AnnieJones said:
Has anybody ever seen a video called A Young Indiana Jones Never Grows Old?It can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acNtaOM5GXk&feature=channel_page
It was put on YouTube by BACKSTAGEonline and has an interview of Sean Patrick Flanery.I wanted to put this up here for those of you who haven't seen it and for those of you who want to watch it again.
Yes, tupogirl made a thread about it last year. Great interview! A Young Indiana Jones Never Grows Old (youtube video)

Anyway, Annie, let's try and keep this conversation related to Old Indy.;) (Speaking of which, the next chapter is ready to go.:D)

Stoo

Part 9

Another stand-alone segment of the ageing professor. Short but sweet (and highly controversial) with Susan Bigelow as the daughter and featuring the only reference to Lucy.

Nothing really new, considering someone else uploaded the ?Ireland? episode to YouTube some time ago (which makes my Part 9 a bit redundant) but the subject matter has always launched discussion and the image quality here is much better. Check it out.

Trivia question: Supposedly, there is another family connection (think: Lucas) in the Ireland bookends. Anyone care to guess? (No one answered the last trivia question for Part 8.)

For those not familiar with The Chronicles...BEHOLD??Old Indy?s Daughter?!:eek:

The Old Indiana Jones Chronicles - Part 9

Stoo

Jeremiah Jones said:
What is she related to Lucas?
No, but somebody else is (supposedly). Hint: Look in the background...;)

Nice to see you're still here, Jeremiah!

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Stoo said:
No, but somebody else is (supposedly). Hint: Look in the background...;)

Nice to see you're still here, Jeremiah!

Indy's wife= Lucas' mother? I remember hearing somewhere that the photo of Indy's wife in the series is a photo of Lucas' mother.

Really? Need to get my magnifying glass out.

Yep still here Stoo, lurking about, only really comment when I feel I've something new to add. This thread is still probably my favourite, Indy things I haven't seen, where else am I going to find that these days! :hat:

Stoo

Yep, Violet got it!:hat: There's a framed, portrait photo of a woman on the shelf above the TV. Can't remember the source but I recall reading that it's Lucas' mother, Dorothy (and would really like to know if it's true or not.)

The part about it being Indy's wife is a new one to me, though! Never even thought about that possibility before. Nice one, Violet.