Why isn't there an official Indy magazine?

HovitosKing

I see the official Star Wars magazine, Star Trek magazine, heck, even Buffy the Vampire Slayer has its own magazine. Why doesn't Indy have a monthly mag? I'd be first in line to subscribe!

Finn

Staff member
As usual, again, this is another things that shows how small the hardcore Indy fanbase really is.

And I'll have to admit, even though I do consider myself as a potential reader of a mag like that, I'd think twice before subscribing, since oddly I can personally think even better ways to use that little money I have. (And this WAS not a fogged claim that an idea of an Indy mag is a stupid one.)

And, oh yeah - http://www.theraider.net/ - here's an Indy webmag for you. New stuff every month and all old issues archived. ;) (Yeah, you can think it this way too, if you try.)

Last edited:

QueZTone

What news is there on the indy front anyway? Too little for a real magazine, wouldn't you say?

Star Wars still has lots of stuff happening cause they're still producing the last film now. After the trilogy its done it might still run for while but not for years, i think.. (unless george feels like doing sequels)

QueZTone said:
What news is there on the indy front anyway? Too little for a real magazine, wouldn't you say?

Star Wars still has lots of stuff happening cause they're still producing the last film now. After the trilogy its done it might still run for while but not for years, i think.. (unless george feels like doing sequels)

HovitosKing

Chattar, is there ever a point to any of your meaningless banter, or are you just trying to increase the number of posts to reach some avatar option?

IAdventurer01

By looking through some of my old Indy stuff, I think that there was one a long time ago. I pretty sure it just died at some point in time.

vaxer

Moderator Emeritus
I have the Issue number 2 of the magazine called 'Indiana Jones Chronicles'. It's a french fan made magazine; I don't think they still make them though.

If there was an official Indiana Jones magazine, I'm not sure what they'd put in it. There is already the LucasFilm magazine which is supposed to talk about Indiana jones, but hardly ever does.

westford

HovitosKing said:
Chattar, is there ever a point to any of your meaningless banter, or are you just trying to increase the number of posts to reach some avatar option?
Use the ignore button ;)

Gobi-1

Whenever there has been Indy news Star Wars Insider has covered it. I would imagine that when Indy 4 goes into production they will featuring numerous articles about it.

The Prequel Update with Rick McCallumn could become Indy Update. :D Sometime down the road I expect Star Wars Insider to change their name to LucasFilm Insider so they can cover all things Lucas including Indy. :cool:

indyjones444

I would have to see a couple issues of one if they ever published one to see if it would be worth my while. If it were just the original Indy films with updates on Indy IV and reviews of fan films and some other stuff it would be good. However, tons of usless stuff that has little to do with Indiana Jones would be crammed it to make it bigger and jack up the price. In the meantime, another good website is www.theindyexperience.com. :cool:

Luckylighter

I've been saying for awhile that there needs to be an Indy magazine. But it would have to offer more than just Indy 4 speculation. It should offer something for the Gear-heads, like what's new with Wested, or Akubra, or where you can find decent prop replicas.

There should be fan fiction--either short stories, or ongoing series.

There should be articles about the movies themselves--fan analysis of certain plot points, or character's traits; like Canyon's articles about the many loves of Dr. Jones.

There should be a scrapbook section, where readers can send in pictures of themselves in their gear, or at movie locations, or on any other kind of adventure. Add to that travel articles on unique places to visit, for example an article on Key West, during the Hemingway Days festival.

There should be interviews with people involved in the creative process regarding Indy movies, novels, video games, etc.; there could even be profiles of the moderaters of the popular Indy boards, from The Raven to COW to the Lost Pages, the European Indy boards, etc., detailing how they became interested in the movies, and what they think the future holds for their boards.

There should be articles on the Archaeology of the movies--fact vs. fiction--and Archaeology in general.

No, I've never thought about what would make a great Indy magazine. ;) :rolleyes: :)

00Kevin

Indyfan
Gobi-1 said:
Sometime down the road I expect Star Wars Insider to change their name to LucasFilm Insider so they can cover all things Lucas including Indy. :cool:

sounds nice, but it's wishful thinking, not going to happen. And I think it is safe to say the same about an Indy Magazine.

There was a Young Indiana Jones Chronicles magazine, but only 1 issue was ever made, this 1 issue is rare and I have kept my eyes open for 5 years to no avail

Gobi-1

Even if they don't change to a general LucasFilm magazine we can expect Star Wars Insider to fully cover Indy 4. :whip:

Canyon

Luckylighter said:
I've been saying for awhile that there needs to be an Indy magazine. But it would have to offer more than just Indy 4 speculation. It should offer something for the Gear-heads, like what's new with Wested, or Akubra, or where you can find decent prop replicas.

There should be fan fiction--either short stories, or ongoing series.

There should be articles about the movies themselves--fan analysis of certain plot points, or character's traits; like Canyon's articles about the many loves of Dr. Jones.

There should be a scrapbook section, where readers can send in pictures of themselves in their gear, or at movie locations, or on any other kind of adventure. Add to that travel articles on unique places to visit, for example an article on Key West, during the Hemingway Days festival.

There should be interviews with people involved in the creative process regarding Indy movies, novels, video games, etc.; there could even be profiles of the moderaters of the popular Indy boards, from The Raven to COW to the Lost Pages, the European Indy boards, etc., detailing how they became interested in the movies, and what they think the future holds for their boards.

There should be articles on the Archaeology of the movies--fact vs. fiction--and Archaeology in general.

No, I've never thought about what would make a great Indy magazine. ;) :rolleyes: :)

I've only just seen this post.

You have made some great suggestions there, Lucky. :) BTW, thanks for mentioning me. :D

indyclone25

will the magazine last.....?

well folks that was years ago when you posted this and guess what there is a indy magazine . but do you think the magazine will last more than 3 yrs ? tell me what you think?

martinland

indyclone25 said:
well folks that was years ago when you posted this and guess what there is a indy magazine . but do you think the magazine will last more than 3 yrs ? tell me what you think?
I'm happy if it lasts 2 years.

Just found my old Star Wars magazines while rearranging stuff and from that I can tell that I pretty much lost interest after two years with that... ...maybe because they started to emphasize articles on the new trilogy. OTOH there's no such problem w/ Indy. I might stay loyal to the mag until the end, yeah! So bring on years and years of Indy... :whip: