Why isnt all Young Indy chapters avavable on VHS?

VP

Moderator Emeritus
welcome_tumma.jpg

Welcome, Captain Defence. It's probably because they were too slow in deleting the George Hall bits.

Webley

Captain Defence said:
Why is there just some adventures avavable on VHS?
And when in the world are we going to see the Chronicles on DVD:mad: I think I want Young Indy on DVD more than to see a 4th movie.

qwerty

Hey Jay, did you watch an episode of YIJC where Indy is suposed to be a spy in german camp. He is asked to speak german in front of his superior officers.
Could his accent actualy fool anybody that he is not a forigner?
Does it sound OK at all?

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
I've seen that episode. I thought the same too. But hey, there has to be an element of impossibility in Young Indy somewhere. However there are plenty moments of impossible things in the series though. But that makes for entertainment sometimes. It's called Suspended Disbelief.

Grizzlor

Well, the Young Indy VHS came out along with a special edition of the Trilogy right as DVD was pretty much in flight and on its way. In fact I was pretty surprised they did that release at all. George Lucas and Rick McCallum have had the idea that the Young Indy DVD would be one part movie (the show) and one part history lesson. Means they wanted a large amount of history tie-in multimedia on each episode. So you could I guess interactively click on something in a scene and open another movie that describes the historical significance. It is a bold and ambitious project and I commend them for emphasizing the historical aspects. Who knows when they will ever be done with all that? Don't know what they intend to do on that one where Indy meets Dracula..........

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Yeah that Dracula ep. Maybe they talk about the Vlad the Impaler mythology and where the legends of vampires came from, etc.
And I love that episode... It's sooooo cool and sooo chilling...:dead:

Twilightpro101

I swear I would spend every weeks allowance on a Young Indiana Jones VHS tape every chance I got. I almost had all of the released tapes at point but stopped collecting them.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I'm giving my set away. I spent about $75 on the 12 VHS's, and I only want to spend the domestic book rate to ship 'em all at once. To convince the mods I'm not soliciting, they can take preference if the Raider has cataloguing or contest award needs. Mint condition. PM me.