The thing you and ONLY you think you noticed

Stoo

Lonsome_Drifter said:
And, I assumed he threw the snake, and frankly I still think he threw the snake.

Why make such a big deal about this? :rolleyes:
OMG. Why don't you just pop in the DVD/VHS and check?

It's not really a big deal. I'm just amazed that you don't know what happens in this scene.
It reminds me of a post about a year ago where someone said, "I've watched ToD hundreds
of times and have never noticed this ('We are going to DIE!') part.":confused:

The Drifter

Stoo said:
OMG. Why don't you just pop in the DVD/VHS and check?

It's not really a big deal. I'm just amazed that you don't know what happens in this scene.
It reminds me of a post about a year ago where someone said, "I've watched ToD hundreds
of times and have never noticed this ('We are going to DIE!') part.":confused:

Why don't you pop the movie in?
Indy climbs the jackel statue, he sees the snake coiled up. Then we see Marion holding the dying torch as the snake lands on her.

I never said I seen Indy throw the snake.
I am assuming that he did.

Stoo

Well then, I'm sorry if I'm sounding rude. You must have a part cut from your movie. Was it taped from TV or something?
As explained above, Indy has the torch in his mouth and is hanging on with both hands. He sees the snake and quickly
turns his head to burn the snake with the flame. This causes the snake to fall, so Indy never touches it.

Hope that clarifies things a little bit.:cool:

The Drifter

Stoo said:
Well then, I'm sorry if I'm sounding rude. You must have a part cut from your movie. Was it taped from TV or something?
As explained above, Indy has the torch in his mouth and is hanging on with both hands. He sees the snake and quickly
turns his head to burn the snake with the flame. This causes the snake to fall, so Indy never touches it.

Hope that clarifies things a little bit.:cool:

Stoo, I want to say that I also apologize.
I looked at that part on my dvd, and you are right. I hope that I did not sound rude either, and if I did I am sorry.

I have watched Raiders many times, and for some reason I seemed to have remembered that scene as I discribed it earlier.
But, you are right about the scene, and again I will say that I was wrong, and apologize.

Stunt Chair

I have never seen nor heard ANYONE mention this one, (not that it isn't burried somewhere on this site...but:

I haven't picked up the new DVD releases yet, but I was wondering about the digital scrubbing and edits to Raiders. I know the jeep over the cliff was tweaked but, (and I'm assuming you own it), did they remove the "stunt chair" mounted to the fender of the truck? You can see it before Indy goes under the truck, as Dietrich waves the driver to crush Indy between the vehicles.

:dead:

Indy's brother

I've been wondering where to put this for months. In LC, when they are in the converted church/library, Indy is on the balcony and says "X marks the spot!" The bookcase behind him is a flat piece of plywood painted to look like a bookcase, with the ends of book covers glued to it. I think it's there to hide a camera rig from a previous shot. I just happened to notice it once and it's bugged me ever since--and now it will bug you too!

Last edited:

The Drifter

Indy's brother said:
I've been wondering where to put this for months. In LC, when they are in the converted church/library, Indy is on the balcony and says "X marks the spot!" The bookcase behind him is a flat piece of plywood painted to look like a bookcase, with the ends of book covers glued to it. I think it's there to hide a camera rig from a previous shot. I just happened to notice it once and it's bugged me ever since--and now it will bug you too!

You know, you're right. I've never noticed that. And, it does look fake.

113.jpg

in rotla the spiders are on indy's back when he first passes through the spider webs and then in the next shot with satipo they are gone then satipo notices them and they are suddenly back.

also macs flashlight in kotcs is designed to look like a lightsaber.

Dr.Jonesy

I don't know if anybody noticed, but in KOTCS the 'Fat Boy' Nuclear bomb has the phrase "I like Ike" painted on it in white.

Gear

Well, considering this thread is around five pages long, I didn't sift through the many posts to see if anyone noticed this. Here goes.

During the truck chase in RotLA, Indy plows through some scaffolding and doing so causes the luggage holder(?) above the cabin to nearly fall off. However, when you see the truck again it's back in it's rightful place.

Ah-ha! Caught'cha Georgie!

Dr.Jonesy

gear guardian said:
Well, considering this thread is around five pages long, I didn't sift through the many posts to see if anyone noticed this. Here goes.

During the truck chase in RotLA, Indy plows through some scaffolding and doing so causes the luggage holder(?) above the cabin to nearly fall off. However, when you see the truck again it's back in it's rightful place.

Ah-ha! Caught'cha Georgie!

I always see that and it bugs me!:dead:

Charlie Green

The Things I have noticed In Raiders
? When Indy pushes the hole out of the wall when the camera angle changes you see a guy in a blue dress / clothing. I did some re-search and it was a deleted scene that they didn't use. (I never knew that, but did notice it)
? The fly goes in Belloq's mouth during the "I am going to shot the Ark Rene" Scene

The Things I have noticed In Temple Of Doom
? Thats not Indy when the spikes come down !

Things I noticed in Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull
? How did Irina Spalko get down to the place where the skull if kept ? The stairs had gone ?

Dr.Jonesy

In Last Crusade, when Indy goes to knock out the X in the wall in the catacombs, you can see the wall is in perfect condition. Then Indy hands Elsa the lighter and says "Watch out". Right before we see him ram himself into the wall the first time, you can now see that it has already been damaged from a previous hit we didn't see or hear.

Drives me nuts everytime.:dead:

Charlie Green

Just put on the Temple of Doom

1. As the white car turns around the side after hitting the guy into the vegtable market, The driver can be seen. It is not Short Round.

2. The guy in the back of the taxi that goes into the vegtable market changes his seat between shots. From Right to the left.

Indy's brother

Hidden flying saucer in KOTCS "Indy Reveal"! Some of you may think that I'm reading too much into this. Check out the hubcap:

starhatsunsaucer.jpg

A flatter moon hubcap would have been more accurate. Also, just minutes earlier, the hubcaps had a mirror finish:

hubcapreflection.jpg

But for the "reveal", it's a dull metallic finish--just like the ufo. It's in the shot for a reason. I'm certain that this was an effort to subliminally foreshadow the climax of the film. Just like how the air raid sirens in Doom Town sound eerily similar to the sound of the ufo starting up.

Last edited:

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
I'm prone to seeing saucers too, though months after this was shot Koepp's script still had an orb in the finale. They may have dulled the hubcap to prevent camera and crew reflections.

Indy's brother

Moedred said:
They may have dulled the hubcap to prevent camera and crew reflections.

Yeah, I thought the same thing for a second, but this is Spielberg. He could have worked around the reflection, or had ILM digitally fix it. You make a fine point about the orb, but I'm still not sold. Indy's silhouette looks right at it, and he practically tips his hat to the thing. To me, it's just too much coincidence to be considered unintentional. If we were talking about a lesser director, I would assume you were right. I think that even though the script called for an orb, Stevo had it in his mind to make it a saucer anyway.

Moedred said:
I'm prone to seeing saucers too

Where else?

Stoo

Indy's brother said:
Also, just minutes earlier, the hubcaps had a mirror finish:

hubcapreflection.jpg
This is my favourite shot in the whole movie and the flying saucer connection never even entered my head. Y'know what...I think you're onto something. Not so much the top photo but this one looks very likely. Nice one, brother!:)