Go Back   The Raven > The Films > Indiana Jones 5
User Name
Password

Old 10-08-2009, 03:47 PM   #26
lao che & sons
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perhilion
I didn't read all of your post, but I think a stampede scene in Africa would be cool.

to shorten it down indy and mutt are surrounded by lions. they get out of it and are then chased by, yes, a stampede of lions. They then run into a shooting range and almost get killeed but befriend another archaelolgist that was shooting on the shooting range.

the end.

if that interests you, then read at your own risk.
lao che & sons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 03:50 PM   #27
lao che & sons
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickTurner
Y'all got me a thinking (dangerous I know) but it seems like the common thread running through the "creatures", is that, apart from snakes, Indy really doesn't give a damn.

In Raiders the big spiders don't phase him at all. In fact even the supernatural "bugs" at the end he takes in his stride. Monkeys are - well - disposable. Only the "glittering" goal counts.

In Doom, vampire bats are merely something to show off about, Elephants something to endure, bugs are just bugs, and funky food something to deal with (pocket fruit!).

Oh rats! he exclaims almost sarcastically in Crusade. Lions are tamable, Rhinos avoidable. Even the Nazis are like bugs. Just something in the way of the goal.

He doesn't even seem to NOTICE the ants in Skull! Admittedly he HAS the Skull to wave them off with, but in typical Indy-style he accepts this matter-of-factly and gets on with business.

So any creature he will treat quite rationally, except maybe for snakes, and if the threat is minimal he will dismiss it and if not, deal with it. (RPG, rock, flagpole etc.) It is for the supporting cast to react irrationally and panic.

OK, not even sure what point I was trying to make now Time for bed

great points but in skull I think there is a bit of fear in his voice in said line...

'Big damn ants, Run! Go! go." Just listen to it and if you dissagree then it's alright.
Old 10-08-2009, 04:11 PM   #28
NickTurner
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lao che & sons
'Big damn ants, Run! Go! go." Just listen to it and if you dissagree then it's alright.

I will double check but I think you are quite right. Oh he will react if he thinks there is a danger there but I guess he is calmer after he realizes the ants avoid the skull. He really picks up his hat most nonchalantly!

I notice that creatures (and often inanimate things too) mostly seem to be of a far greater threat to others around him than to Indy himself. Guess that's all part of the gag.
NickTurner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 05:49 PM   #29
lao che & sons
IndyFan

nick, yes do check. And you are absolutely right. He does seem calm later on in the fight.
Old 10-08-2009, 07:16 PM   #30
calakutha
IndyFan

Anything that isn't completely CGI. That took me out of the moment in KOTCS. They were just too obviously not organic.
The only thing I could think of that would be cringe worthy are giant bug larvae of some kind. Ew.
calakutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 09:15 PM   #31
Goonie
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lao che & sons
SHARKS!!!!!!!!!!!

Better yet, sharks with fricken lazer beams attached to there heads. but since they're on the endangered species list, it would take months to cear up the red tape. So if not sharks, then mutated sea bass instead.
Goonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 03:39 AM   #32
emtiem
IndyFan

Sharks are good; they did that in the recent Tomb of the Gods strip and it was great.
emtiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 02:45 PM   #33
lao che & sons
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goonie
Better yet, sharks with fricken lazer beams attached to there heads. but since they're on the endangered species list, it would take months to cear up the red tape. So if not sharks, then mutated sea bass instead.

oh of course. I hate the mutated sea bass!
Old 10-19-2009, 07:04 AM   #34
MaverickKing
IndyFan

Having read Tomb of Gods, I reckon sharks would work rather well.
MaverickKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 10:58 AM   #35
RedeemedChild
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goonie

But a Shark is not a creepy crawly. It's a oceanic creature.
RedeemedChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 04:24 PM   #36
Darth Vile
IndyFan

Has anyone mentioned Komodo dragons yet? They scare the bejeezus out of me...
Darth Vile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 06:15 PM   #37
Morning Bell
IndyFan

I think something like giant wasps could work really well. Having Indy run from an entire swarm of flying creatures would be a neat touch.
Morning Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 03:20 AM   #38
Darth Vile
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morning Bell
I think something like giant wasps could work really well. Having Indy run from an entire swarm of flying creatures would be a neat touch.

A swarm of flying something or other does seem like a natural progression... be that locusts, bees, wasps etc. It also adds to the peril stakes by the feeling of being pursued/chased by something deadly.
Darth Vile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 04:52 AM   #39
Col. Detritch
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet Indy
I've always been a fan of the bats idea. I think it could work well if done right.

Recently, when I was starting to write a story (for a novel) at random, I thought a worthy creepy crawlie would be toads. If you live in my state, you'll find that the most annoying introduced pest is the Cane Toad. They grow quite large, are very ugly and they are poisonous. Now, imagine a whole underground lake or wet chamber full of them. Ewwww...

Did I mention they jump pretty high?

So, yeah, that could be a worthy scene for 5.

Don't I know it! But Violet, I'm not sure I could sit through and watch toads in and Indy movie, I would probably spew , In fact I'm close to it just thinking about it.

I was thinking Aficanised Bees, maybe give scorpins, bats or spiders top role, and I wouldn't mind snakes again! I like to think of these creepy crawlies as infestations that get in Indy's way. I like Frank Darabont's idea of using the frog that if you touched you would be poisned and die (poison arrow/dart frogs). Though he would have to return to the Amazon!
Col. Detritch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 07:58 PM   #40
JP Jones
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morning Bell
Has anyone ever read "The Hunger Games"? There's a part in there when the main character drops a mutated wasp nest on some people. The whole time I was reading it I thought " This is Indy material".
JP Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 08:16 PM   #41
Col. Detritch
IndyFan

Has anyone here read Ian Flemings 1958 James Bond thriller Dr No. It differs from the 1962 film on key points. Towards the end on Dr No's island Bond is put through some test and one includes being fed to a giant squid! This might work well if used right and it might help tie in with Indy being based on Bond.

The only problem would be fitting it into the story without ruining the consept.
Old 10-20-2009, 08:22 PM   #42
The Drifter
IndyFan

Location: The distant figure that walks the treeline. The man standing in the field.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Col. Detritch
Has anyone here read Ian Flemings 1958 James Bond thriller Dr No. It differs from the 1962 film on key points. Towards the end on Dr No's island Bond is put through some test and one includes being fed to a giant squid! This might work well if used right and it might help tie in with Indy being based on Bond.

The only problem would be fitting it into the story without ruining the consept.

Ever play Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb?
The Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 09:27 PM   #43
Col. Detritch
IndyFan

Yes Lonsome I have!

That was the Kraken, a mythological creature, I was thinking something more real and gritty. Anyway, I never got the point of the use of the Kraken in ET!

P.S. Plus I've read Shrine of the Sea Devil, and for me (even though it was first) seem too Pirates of the Caribbean-ish, especially the part with the ship attack. I would be quite sad if anything like that turned up in Indy V!
Old 10-21-2009, 08:33 PM   #44
Agent Crab
IndyFan

Hissing Cockroaches.

Roaches in general.

Plus Earwigs. Earwigs are nasty.
Agent Crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 05:59 PM   #45
Insomniac
IndyFan

MILLIONS of LEECHES

"Leaches, and lots of 'em!"
Insomniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 06:03 PM   #46
EddyW
IndyFan

Yes! Leeches would be rather awesome.
EddyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 07:07 PM   #47
Meerkat
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insomniac

"Leaches, and lots of 'em!"
That thing is huge.
Meerkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 10:25 AM   #48
kongisking
IndyFan

I like the idea of giant spiders.

Now imagine these bastards, but the size of beagles. Instant willies!

This is what their bites can do:

Now, of course, that kind of injury won't be seen in an Indy movie anytime soon, but it gives you an idea of how big a punch these things pack!

Sorry if I seriously grossed out anyone.

Last edited by kongisking : 01-08-2010 at 10:36 AM.
kongisking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 07:56 AM   #49
emtiem
IndyFan

You should probably get rid of that.
emtiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 08:03 AM   #50
Attila the Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonsome_Drifter
Ever play Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb?

Heh, is your point that fitting things into the story sometimes hasn't mattered for Indy products?
Attila the Professor is offline   Reply With Quote