My Chachapoyan Desk Demon

Reaperron

Got this little guy commissioned this summer from an artist friend of mine. I thought he was too cool to keep all to myself, so I had a few cast up in resin for Christmas gifts.

He's right at 6.5" tall (overall height), and his square base is 3" x 3". Weighs about 1.5 pounds of solid resin.

Pretty cool, huh? :D

Thanks, and I hope you like him!

Reaper Ron

Last edited by a moderator:

Montana Smith

I am a fan of Reaper Miniatures.

With a microscope you may just be able to see my Kabaka K'wana, Giant Ape Lord, on the grass in this picture:

DSCN3406.jpg

Reaperron said:
Got this little guy commissioned this summer from an artist friend of mine.
Who was the sculptor?

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Did a little editing there...good as new.

Nice looking item, Reaperron. Your link isn't working now, however; perhaps you'd like to post it again, show it off?

Reaperron

Ah, thank you. Again, my apologies.

Link is working now.

Just to be clear: the statue is a private commission, and has nothing at all to do with Reaper Miniatures. :D

Reaperron

Rocket Surgeon said:
...no more jumping around.

img8999i.jpg

Very cool...

...no fangs?

They're there, just very subtle. I'm planning on handpainting one of my copies with a lot of browns and tan colors. Before I do though, I'll probably build up those fangs with some putty to make them a bit more pronounced.

Montana Smith said:
I meant who sculpted the Demon. I assumed it was a commission through Reaper

It was sculpted by Patrick Keith. And no, it was a private commission that I had done for my Indiana Jones display for ReaperCon last year. I had friend cast up a few extras for Christmas gifts. :)

JuniorJones said:
Lovely work. I'm sure that it would make a great Christmas gift for the IJ fanatic in the family!

Prehaps you could canvas the board about idea's, for yourself, about future sculptures.

I'm currently muddling over the idea of some keychains: a fedora, a coiled whip, and a mini Chachapoyan demon. These would be cast in pewter and polished.