Teletubbies

Stoo

Since The Raven is THE BEST place on the intranets for the most up-to-date information about upcoming films, could someone please tell me if there is going to be a movie based on the wonderful & magical, "Teletubbies" TV show?

Any kind of information would be much appreciated: Hired scriptwriter/s, rumoured directors, actors (who is in & who is out), plot developments, potential release dates, trailer previews, etc. Whatever tiny tidbit of news you people might have on this, PLEASE post it here!

Anything! I'm desperate for info and The Raven is the place to look for it.:p

Thank all that's unholy Tim Burton is going to direct! I was worried we'd have to suffer through those stiff Del Toro type animatronic effects or hazy Lucasian CGI!

Great thread!

The Raven is the ONLY place on the net we can have this conversation!

Montana Smith

The good news is that Indy 5 won't feature CGI gophers.

The bad news, however...

b34137db51f112623147.jpg

The Man

Didn't Calista want Harrison to play Bob The Builder at one point? What happened to that project? What happened?! :mad:

Montana Smith

Pale Horse said:
There's already a Movie out there.

I should close this thread because someone didn't use the Search feature...

Now, don't let your judgement cloud your instincts!

Before you do inevitably read the last rites to this thread, let's address the serious message.

Stewie, with the greatest respect, there may be a fatal flaw in your post. The specific non-Indy film board exists.

However, it may exist like the symobilc red button.

untitled-2.png

There was once a red button here that automatically despatched members to the banana islands.

Stoo

TheMutt92 said:
And people said I made threads on everything...
C'mon, Mutt. Do you mean to say that you don't recognize an homage when you see one? Of all people, I thought you'd be all over the film version of "Teletubbies" like a fly on sh*t.:confused:
Pale Horse said:
There's already a Movie out there.

I should close this thread because someone didn't use the Search feature...
Why should anyone need to do a Google search when all the latest & greatest, day-by-day, minute-by-minute movie updates are posted here at The Raven (which is the BEST available on-line resource for new film releases)?

That said, here's something:
Shortly before Stanley Kubrick's death in 1999, a full-length theatrical version of the BBC children's television show, "Teletubbies", was on his slate. In the decade that followed Kubrick's untimely passing, several high profile directors have competed to helm this lucrative film outing. Paramount Pictures presently hold the rights regarding such a project but contenders for its directorial duties include Joel and Ethan Cohen, Tim Burton, Guillermo del Toro, Bryan Singer, Terry Gilliam, Christopher Nolan and Sam Raimi.

The Teletubbies one-sheet!
Montana Smith said:
The Man said:
Not the most indelible of one-sheets. Hope it ain't a fake. Hate posting porkers...;)
Me too.:p

Stoo said:
That said, here's something:Shortly before Stanley Kubrick's death in 1999, a full-length theatrical version of the BBC children's television show, "Teletubbies", was on his slate.
That was based on the script by Mario Puzo, no?

Stoo

Billy Crystal in?
There are a lot of rumors coming out about Paramount?s upcoming film, Teletubbies. We know that Philip Seymour Hoffman will play Laa-Laa. Samuel L. Jackson will be Dipsy. We know that Paramount wants (or wanted) Will Smith to be the lead character, Tinky Winky, but we haven?t heard anything about who might play Po. Now the rumor mill is churning out one name loud and clear: Billy Crystal.
There has been a flirtation between Paramount and Crystal for a few years. Paramount reportedly wanted the actor to play in Dinner for Schmucks, and while that obviously didn?t happen, there was also the report from Variety that the Philip Seymour Hoffman part in Teletubbies was originally written for Crystal. As it is now, that part screams Philip Seymour Hoffman, but it isn?t too difficult to imagine a version that would have suited Crystal.