Live Free or Die Hard

Pale Horse

Staff member
John McClane, back in action, again?! Word in Hollywood back alley's is that Doug Richardson of DH2, Bad Boys and The Money Train fame, will be rewritting the script (read re-working) held by 20th Century Fox. Hostage is also in post production, and I personally wouldn't be surprised if the buzz on the street is actually about this Miramax Production. I hope for this film even more than Indy IV...

Last edited:

Johan

And you call yourself a Moderator...Shame On You! Ah well don't worry. I still like You! I just lost all respect for you.

(sorry for the double post it was askadent)and yes I purposly misspelled for charachter

Johan

Got me there! We all know PH would put a lot better job into his websites! -Not spoken sarcastically- a compliment to a job well done.

Deadlock

Now gentlemen, let's be reasonable...

This may sound kind of funny, but I've always thought of John McClane as something like Indy's cousin. Here's another "average" guy who is in way over his head, takes a licking and keeps on ticking, and who's just as comfy with his brain as he is with his fists.

<small>Besides ol' Bruce needs to do something to wash the horror of the "Whole Ten Yards" from my mind...</small>:dead:

Deadlock said:
Now gentlemen, let's be reasonable...

This may sound kind of funny, but I've always thought of John McClane as something like Indy's cousin. Here's another "average" guy who is in way over his head, takes a licking and keeps on ticking, and who's just as comfy with his brain as he is with his fists.

That's because Die Hard copied Indy.

I

Indy_Jones88

Renderking Fisk said:
There are two things I wish I saw more of in Movie Theaters...

More Jones movies, more Die Hard movies.

Oh yea... three if you count Fedoras.

Here, Here, I'll drink to that.

Die Hard rocks, Not as good as Indy, but almost.

I believe it pulled an Indy. Of the trilogy, I think the 2nd wasn't as good as the other 2. It was still good, but the first and last kicked butt. What do you guys (and gals) think. Which Die Hard was the best and which the worst?

"Yipee Kye Aye Mother F*****" - Die Hard

Over and Out,
Kris "INdy_Jones88"

Finn

Staff member
Well, part two was directed by a different guy than parts I and III, so to speak... so I guess there was a slight difference.

Bruce Willis is something magnificent in this role... that was also considered to be given to Richard Gere (yeah, right) and yes - Harrison Ford. (Now, just imagine Ford saying "Yippiekiyay motherf..." :D I can't.)

Ayrun

Moderator Emeritus
Hmm.. I can't remember Die Hard.
Die Harder was okay.
And Die Hard: With a Vengeance was great. I really liked the combination of Willis and Jackson in that movie.

Pale Horse

Staff member
You have to find a copy of DH1. Most of the action movies in the 90's are based on its formula, and the writing is superb.