The serious Indy book writing thread...

adventure_al

Ford thought about what she'd just said. It was one of those situations where he couldn't quite tell if she was being completely serious.

The train came to a standstill and they left the carriage. Ford took his hipflask from his bag and took a few swigs. He thought it might help numb his headache.

They left the smog of the station and walked out onto the street. The street outside was busy. Everyone seemed to be rushing about with some sort of purpose. Despite the flocks of people it seemed to lack something, there was no real ambience. Ford did not like London all that much, he didn't know quite what it was but it just wasn't his sort of place. Perhaps it was because it all seemed a bit too formal.

Ford waved his arm and hailed a taxi. The square cabin of an Austin pulled over.

"To the university please driver"

adventure_al

Their taxi pulled up at the university. Ford felt the throbbing pain in his neck as he ducked to leave the cab, but still offered a hand to beth as she alighted the vehicle. He then picked up their bags and nodded to the driver. The Austin drove off with a toot of it's horn.

They made for the main door of the university. They didn't have to be there for another full day and Everett had no idea to expect them. Ford pushed open the heavy door stepping aside to let Beth in. There was a large reception desk facing them once they'd entered the building. As they approached it Ford saw none other than his good friend Everett pacing along the long corridor.

"Everett!" Ford called, eager to see about his business.

An older man, arms out stretched, walked towards them. He was well dressed and his suit sat nicely on his broad shoulders. He looked jolly and had a warm smile amongst his thick but well groomed beard. A hat covered his greying head. He brought his arms in and grasped Ford's shoulders, gently shaking him. Ford groaned.

"Good to see you again Ford! you're just the man I wanted to see!" said the stout figure beaming.

[need to go do other things. to be continued. again feel free to add if you wish though]

adventure_al

?You?re on to something big, aren?t you? Is there somewhere we can go?? Ford replied, getting straight to the point.

Everett was taken aback by Ford?s hast but ushered them along the corridor to his room. Closing the door he turned to Ford:

?Roberts what?s wrong? You seem? jumpy?

Ford explained about there encounter with the gunman on the train. Then both he and Beth started firing all sorts of questions at Everett, concerning the print and what he was onto.

Everett stayed calm. Waiting for a moments silence he replied:

?So lets see some one else is looking for this ?Eye of Horus? too? And it seems they are willing to go to great lengths to get it. We shouldn?t worry just yet. If it were as simple as reading from the script where it is located, I could do that myself! It is more complex than that. That is why I need you, Ford. I think you?re the man for the job. Let me explain??

Everett went on to explain that he and other experts had looked over the print. Which had been sent from a contact in Cairo. However key information was missing, many ink blots covered what could be crucial pieces of text. The problem was the actual tablet, which the print had been taken from, was on its way to Hong Kong. A rich colonial tea farmer, who was heavily involved with the British trade in China, had purchased this fashionable piece of decorative art and had it shipped to his luxurious home off the mainland.

adventure_al

Raiders of Clay said:
Get Hitler involved and have something happen between him and Indy;)

Well the nazis are the perfect bad guys so they'll be in it. As for Indy I know that probably put some people off? but by creating this new character, obviously heavily inspired by indy, if someone writes something that isn't perfectly inkeeping with indy it won't matter. The idea was I was supposed to be doing this on my own you see. I was hoping several people would be adding sections. So if you want Hitler in the story why don't YOU add something on ;)

adventure_al

Sort of forgot about this. Don't suppose anyone would be up for starting it up again as we'd made some good progress.

Or even starting afresh with a similiar idea. I'm still convinced with a bit of effort we could all become co-authors of a great story!