Free Comic: Temple of Yearning

Hate to pop the feel good balloon, but the Temple of Meager Offerings was like getting 6 pages of paper cuts. Granted the short form 6 pages are a tight margin but the "story" was anorexic. Indy went out there to decide he'd come back later? Ugh!

The Star Wars/Indy crossover made more sense, (that one had Indy abandoning the site too!), and looked better!

Just a case of inflated expectations and deflated execution. Flat and out of character.

Maybe I'll just post it here, you guys want it?

OhioJones

Rocket Surgeon said:
Hate to pop the feel good balloon, but the Temple of Meager Offerings was like getting 6 pages of paper cuts. Granted the short form 6 pages are a tight margin but the "story" was anorexic. Indy went out there to decide he'd come back later? Ugh!

The Star Wars/Indy crossover made more sense, (that one had Indy abandoning the site too!), and looked better!

Just a case of inflated expectations and deflated execution. Flat and out of character.

Maybe I'll just post it here, you guys want it?

Yes. Please.

And there was a new Star Wars/Indy crossover?

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
3471533291_349e0dc2d2_o.jpg

Page 1 from Indy Cast's flicker page.
I guess you could post it since it was free, as long as everyone promises to visit their local comic book store this month...

JimmyPSHayes

Hey guys. I just checked and I've got 17 copies left. If anybody wants one, it's yours. All that I ask is that you pay for shipping. And it's ACTUAL shipping, not an inflated rate. Just PM me or email me at batkid03@aol.com

Goonie

JimmyPSHayes said:
Hey guys. I just checked and I've got 17 copies left. If anybody wants one, it's yours. All that I ask is that you pay for shipping. And it's ACTUAL shipping, not an inflated rate. Just PM me or email me at batkid03@aol.com

JimmyPSHayes, I sent you a PM. let me know if you got it as there was a problem briefly with my internet connection when I tried sending it.

JimmyPSHayes

Goonie said:
JimmyPSHayes, I sent you a PM. let me know if you got it as there was a problem briefly with my internet connection when I tried sending it.
Nope, got your message and responded. Thanks buddy!

BrodyIsDead

dating Temple of Yearning

Junior Jones said:
I loved this story, short as it was. My only frustration is that it didn't give a date for when the adventure takes place. Anyone have any suggestions or ideas where this would best fit into the timeline?

Well... for me it looks like it belongs to the 1930 year era - ie Indy Adventures Vol I since it's the same art style - anyone know if Vol II is also to be 1930?

:confused:

Agent Z

Has anyone gotten their comic books from JimmyPSHayes? :confused:

From the ship date of May 07 to today with no comic book in my mail, and JimmyPSHayes hasn't posted since then. I hope everything is alright on his end.

JimmyPSHayes

Sorry about that guys, I was waiting for the Raven to be back up. I recently had a death in the family, and that took up about 3 weeks of my time. Comics are going out tomorrow when I get back to work. Thanks to everyone for their patience!
-Jimmy

Agent Z

JimmyPSHayes said:
Sorry about that guys, I was waiting for the Raven to be back up. I recently had a death in the family, and that took up about 3 weeks of my time. Comics are going out tomorrow when I get back to work. Thanks to everyone for their patience!
-Jimmy

No problem and no rush Jimmy. I am sorry to hear about your recent loss and hope all is as well as can be. Tend to your personal life first and ship the comics when you can. Priorities. :hat:

JimmyPSHayes

Again, my sincerest apologies. They all went out today and I stuck a couple extra goodies in everyone's package. Thanks for being so patient, everyone. You should've gotten confirmation emails that your item has been shipped.

Agent Z

I got the package in a few days back, but actually just picked up my mail today. Thanks so much Jimmy. You didn't have to send all that, as your circumstances were understandable. Thanks so much for everything. :)

JimmyPSHayes

Agent Z said:
I got the package in a few days back, but actually just picked up my mail today. Thanks so much Jimmy. You didn't have to send all that, as your circumstances were understandable. Thanks so much for everything. :)
Dude! NO problem! Happy to help! :hat:

Stoo

Crack that whip said:
Aaaaaand it's now on its way; you should have it in a few days.

Do be advised the Indy tale is quite short (I know you know already, but it bears repeating), but I trust you'll enjoy it anyway.

:) :hat:
As you are already aware, I finally got my hands on it last week (2 months later). It's a light-weight tale with good artwork/colours and an ending that made me groan & roll my eyes...However, it is a short, kiddie story and that's understood. I'm very pleased to have it in my collection so I give my deepest gratitude for your goodwill, Crack!:hat::whip:

BrodyIsDead said:
Well... for me it looks like it belongs to the 1930 year era - ie Indy Adventures Vol I since it's the same art style - anyone know if Vol II is also to be 1930?
That's a reasonable assumption. Guess we'll have to wait a few more months for #2 to find out!

@JimmyPSHayes: My condolences for your loss.

Lance Quazar

Curious for those who've read it-

How does this comic rate on the continuum between the awesome "Indiana Jones Adventures Vol. 1" and the craptacular "Tomb of the Gods"?

DIrishB

Lance Quazar said:
Curious for those who've read it-

How does this comic rate on the continuum between the awesome "Indiana Jones Adventures Vol. 1" and the craptacular "Tomb of the Gods"?

I say its worse than Tomb of Gods only because, due to its brevity, there's no real character development or much of interest. Its a quick, whiz-bam, simple tale, as Stoo said: "kiddy".

While it features the same art style as IJ Adventures, Volume 1 was by far a better tale/adventure.