Indiana Jones and the Gold of El Dorado Translation

Funny thing about that translation

I speak 0% German. I had to rely on the software translations, which was tough in some cases. I had to interpret what the sentence was trying to say because most of those software translations don't really correspond well to American English, then clean it up. It was like deciphering an ancient relic.

Trennas

Translator programs are a pain in the ass when it comes to Germanic languages. Still, I salute you for all your effort so far! I think I'll soon start translating another Holbein book, though for me its a little easier because I can read Dutch and write in English :)

Holbein

Trennas said:
Translator programs are a pain in the ass when it comes to Germanic languages. Still, I salute you for all your effort so far! I think I'll soon start translating another Holbein book, though for me its a little easier because I can read Dutch and write in English :)
Have you translated any in the past? If so, did you have any links so we can enjoy them? That would be cool.

As for the software, like I said I'm sure the translation is not 100% accurate, but I'm pretty sure I got the core of the translation correct, as the story flows and makes sense. I want to get back to the project, but I'm so busy with work and school (I'm in the Air Force, and about to get even busier as I'm due for a job change).

Anyway, thanks for any effort getting these books translated, as Lucasfilm seems not to care.

Trennas

Nope, I have thought about it, but I have never actually started translating. So sorry, no links for you yet! Of course, once things are up and running, we can totally combine our stuff! I was thinking about starting off with either the Labyrinth of Horus or the Sword of Genghis Khan, which are my favorites.

I hear you about the time troubles though. It's quite a project to translate a book, and will take some big bites out of my schedule as well, but I'm sure the Indy community will love it! Whether Lucasfilm does, well, I don't really care about that since we're not translating it for them :p

MaverickKing

This is amazing stuff. Great job!!

I hope Labyrinth of Horus, Sword of Genghis Khan, and Feathered Serpent get translated next!!

Trennas

Well, those happen to be my favorites, so keep your fingers crossed that I have a lot of time coming up so I can translate the hell out of them! (also for my sake :cool: )

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Translation Part 14

"What's going on out there?" shouted an angry voice from the kitchen.

Indy twisted around sharply toward the voice and then froze on the spot as he came into the sight of a large caliber gun staring at him from the kitchen. Holding the gun was a third boy who was tall, dark-haired with a wiry physique who seemed quite disturbed with the happenings. Indiana understood almost at once that here he faced the most dangerous of the boys.

"Don?t move!? the boy ordered without even threatening a gesture with the gun.

Indiana saw that the hammer was cocked, and a finger poised on the trigger. He weighed his chance of jumping to escape but judging from the boy?s actions he realised this was an option he particularly liked.

"Who are you?,"asked the boy, cocking his head. "What are you doing here?"

"Nothing," Indiana quickly replied. "I must have got the wrong door. Please excuse me, I?ll go."

The boy was not amused.

"I think you?ve had your fun,? he said coldly. The boy raised the gun threateningly, lifting it from Indiana?s stomach to aim it right between his eyes.

"I've asked a question. Who are you? What are you doing here?"

Indiana saw a movement behind the boy and then Marian appeared into view holding a glass milk jug in her left hand and a cast-iron frying pan in the right. She was pale, trembling, with a small laceration bleeding above the eye.

"Use the Pan! " Indiana said gesturing behind the boy. "Gives a stronger hit!"

A casual, contemptuous smile flirted over the boy face.

"How stupid do you think I am?" he asked. "I don?t fall for those kinds of tricks."

"Well, that's good?" smirked Indiana.

Marian swung the pan with such force against the boy?s head that it burst open as if struck by lightning. The boy immediately collapsed to the floor but still with his finger clutched around the trigger.

Suddenly, a tremendous shot rocked the house to its foundations and shattered the picture on the wall that the burglars forgot to take on their last visited.

During the blast Marian has been knocked back but as she began to fall Indiana caught her and took her to the sofa. He quickly examined her wounds and was relieved to see she was not seriously injured.

She did not respond when he spoke to her but it was probably just the shock that made her dazed an confused.

Indiana went to the window to check the boy, whom he had beaten, was still as unconscious as the other two. But he knew they would not stay this way for long. He and Marian had to leave, and fast. Nevertheless, he took the time to search the two gangsters but without much success. He found no identity cards or other papers or anything that would hint at their identity. But he had almost expected this. The three were professionals, perhaps not particularly bright, but not so stupid as take their identities to a robbery.

Marian sounded a groan on the couch and Indiana moved to her with two quick steps.

"What happened?" She murmured, bewildered.

"Not now." he interrupted.

He stretched held out his hand and helped her get up. Marian was shocked when she saw the two unconscious figures under the kitchen door and in front of the stairs, but Indiana gave her no opportunity to say anything, but quickly asked: "Can you run?? She nodded. "Good," he said. "Then go to the car. Wait there. I'll be right back."

"Where are you going?" Marian asked.

"I?ve got to do something quickly, "he said. "Run into the car and lock the door from the inside and if one of these guys come out, don?t wait for me."

Last edited by a moderator:

Stoo

AWESOME! Way to go JuniorJones!:hat: Do you know German or did you use an on-line translator?:confused:

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Stoo said:
AWESOME! Way to go JuniorJones!:hat: Do you know German or did you use an on-line translator?:confused:

Thanks, just looking to get this kick-started again.:D

Not as much as I'd like but a little bit of German with a lot of on-line translators. My German isn't helping that much as the phrasing of sentence and words either don't flow naturally or simply mean something else. It's easier to work out and then build it up.

Last edited:

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Translation Part 15

It took three or four hours until Marian had recovered her composure to the extent that Indiana could talk to her. Whilst driving home, she had sat pale and trembling in the passenger seat beside him, staring into space, and she had not reacted when Indiana spoke to her a few times. Then later in Indiana's house she had not spoken a word, not even responded when he asked several times whether she would agree to calling Marcus for help.

Finally, she broke her silence to consent to Indiana calling his old friend, who arrived less than half an hour later and listened with increasing alarm to the events that had unfolded.

Marcus, of course, had immediately proposed to go to the police, Indiana tried to persuaded Marcus to do otherwise but Marcus would have none of it. It was only the mention of the police that brought Marian out of her paralysis to side with Indiana.

Marcus could not convince them that it would be best to turn to the authorities but he agreed to wait at least long enough until they had seen Corda's records and put a little light on this matter.

Well, this appeared to be much easier said than done.

Most of what Indiana had brought from Stanley's work was completely useless. Notes, which dealt with his work. Drafts of lectures, cross-references to literature, whole pages with completely unintelligible abbreviations that were in Corda’s private code which even Marian could not decipher.

In some places of the works Indiana thought he could see a trail but just couldn’t piece it all together. Although there were only hints, a part thereof a sentence, a word here and a word there, latitude and longitude information it all seemed anything but encrypted and showed not the slightest sense.

Indiana continued to try and decode the work by studying the maps as he had the feeling that the solution maybe very close.

Whatever Stanley had written only made sense on a dozen of pages and each time Indiana felt he had made a link, it would simply break and he was back to the beginning but at this stage he was not prepared to give in.

The sun had began to dawn as Marcus had temporary give up on the task. Indiana's head was buzzing from all the seemingly useless information he had collected in trying to workout a pattern. His eyes burned because Stanley's handwriting was not only almost unreadable, but to be so tiny that he may have been able to fit the Old Testament comfortably on three sides of paper!

Exhausted Indiana leaned back and grabbed the cup of coffee, which Marian had prepared a couple of hours ago, only to find it had long since become cold.

In it’s present state Indiana’s living room barely differed from that of Corda’s, papers were piled on the table, the couch, the chairs, the mantelpiece, accompanied on the ground with scattered books and even more papers. All this was added to by the thick smoke that Marcus exhaled into the air from his pipe.

Marcus also looked tired as his eyes had become red with dark rings around them. His expressions fluctuated between confused and fustrated but then the same could have been said about Indiana. They both felt that in this apparently meaningless jumble there was hiding something, something big and significant.

"Stanley must have know something," muttered a tired Indiana for probably the two-hundredth time in the course of the afternoon.

"He has changed quite a bit in recent weeks," Marcus said as he leaned back and re-lighted his pipe. Indiana looked at him quizzically.

"I know you didn’t take kindly to him," Marcus said. "That's why you probably don’t care so much for him but I did.”

" And?” replied Indiana. Marcus shrugged.

"Nothing," responded Marcus, "He was always quite closed, but in recent weeks he has hardly spoken to anyone. Some of his students have already complained about him because he was so rude by practically answer no questions that were asked during the lecture. "

Indiana looked at Marian inquiringly, but she avoided his gaze and stared into the flickering flames of the fire.

"Let's rest for now,” beat Marcus before sighing, “but I suggest that I drive past Marian’s house again and have a look at things there"

“Out of the question,” Indiana replied , "It could be that you meet someone other than Stanley."

Marcus took the pipe from his mouth and rubbed his tired eyes with his thumb and index finger. "I'm not going to go in," he said. "They’ll be no-one to draw any suspicions if I drive by it," He hesitated a moment, then turned to Marian and added, “But you should really call the police. I still do not know what’s going on here, but it’s obvious that these boys are not joking.”

Marian shook her head. "Let me at least wait until tomorrow so....perhaps a trail."

Indiana was struck by the faint hesitation in her words. Surprised and a little bit confude, he looked at Marian. "What trail?" Again, she turned her gaze away from Indiana’s sight.

"Tomorrow," she said and stood up. "Mr. Brody is right, Indiana. It has been a tough day for us all. I'm going to go now...”

“Nonsense," interrupted Indiana. "You're going nowhere. The boy’s will come back"

Awesome Junior Jones!

I have about 6 more months before I can get cracking at this again. Thanks for reigniting the thread, and looking forward to what develops!

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Translation 15 - Additional

"I will not put you at risk," Indiana continued with a conviction that seemed doubtful. Still, he added, "We are safe here. If they know who I am and where I live, they would have been here a long time ago. "

Marian did not argue anymore, but she looked at him very doubtful, and Indiana had a sudden sinking feeling that it would be anything but a quiet night.

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Translation Part 16

The following morning, Dr. Henry Jones Jr arrived at the university for the first time in his tenure late for a lecture. His students welcomed him with a gleeful applause when he stumbled in to classroom untidily dressed, dishevelled hair and slightly dazed and confused. It was unfortunate for Indiana that these were the kind of students, in the second half of study, who would take great delight in making it difficult for him to carry on the lecture.

Not that this would have been necessary as Indiana had slept very badly. After a half-hearted attempt to tidy up the chaos in his living room again, he and Marian had gone to bed early but neither of them had more than one or two hours of sleep. Indiana was highly aware of every sound, no matter how low and few times he had heard Marian in the room next door restlessly rolling over in bed. Twice he got up and walked to the window when he heard noises outside in the street, but it had only been harmless night walkers talking.

He couldn?t understand why he was so nervous. In his other life when he was not working as a lecturer at the university he has been in more dangerous or even fatal situations. God knows it was not the first time he had to use his fists to defend himself, and not the first time anyone had tried to kill him. And yet there seem to be a difference. So far, he has always entered worlds that are at peace and had left them in far less peaceful state but that was the excitement for him. He had always sought danger. This time it was vice versa. It was as if something was broke and he had to tidy up and it was not him who took the initiative, but others, people whom he did not know, let alone why or what they did. The feeling of not acting, but only reacting made him so nervous.

Indiana was very glad when the lecture was over and he could leave the auditorium. But his relief was perhaps a little premature. The day continued as it had begun - he had left the auditorium just as he heard someone call his name and stopped. It was his secretary calling to him as she had a swarm of students trying to get to him through her.

Indiana looked at her guiltily for a few seconds, something told him that they brought no good news, and besides he didn?t have the time to talk any studies but as was his fate he went meet her.

"Am I glad to see you, Dr. Jones," she began breathlessly. "Mr. Grisswald has been calling.?

Indiana rolled his eyes.

"Tell him I was not here," he said and prepared to turn around. "Tell him I have gone to the South Pole to count penguins."

?I think you should better go and see him, Dr. Jones. He looked very angry.? replied the secretary.

Indiana stopped once again. That Grisswald was angry was nothing special. But something in the secretary's voice told him that it was more than the usual small war between them. So he decided after a few moments, albeit reluctantly, to do the only sensible thing and get the unpleasant part of the day over as soon as possible.

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Translation Part 17

Without knocking, he entered Grisswald’s secretary’s office. Grisswald’s secretary looked up from her typewriter, clearly surprised by the aggressive way in which Indiana had entered the office. She decided not to say a word and only indicate, with a nod, to the closed double doors of Grisswald’s office. Indiana threw his briefcase on her desk, made an attempt to smooth his suit and straighten his tie and then opened the door into Grisswald’s office.

Half a second later he wished he'd not entered but instead had actually gone to the South Pole. Grisswald sat behind his desk with a demeander akin to the wrath of God along with eyes that were so cold they could have easily frozen the Pacific Ocean.

Grisswald was not alone. Behind him stood Pat and Patachon*. The smaller of the two had his arms crossed over his chest with his legs spread slightly and stood there like a catcher who was weighing up an opponent to grab. The larger of the two was not quite as under control as his hands were shaking and his eyes flashed suppressed rage. In view of the damage to his face even Indiana could understand. It was not that his face was been pretty the day before but had the look of the ancient Indian with the most terrible sunburn.

"Dr. Jones," began Grisswald. "How nice that you honor us with your presence " He made an imperious gesture. "Close the door."

Indiana obeyed. His thoughts began to move quickly as he slowly approached Grisswald’s desk whilst the two crooks alternately watched his every movement. He suddenly had a very bad feeling about this. Something was not how it should be. Or rather, not what he had believed that it to be.

"What's going on here?" He asked.

Grisswalds face darkened further. "Keep your mouth, Jones," he said. "I always knew one day that you would bring trouble to me. But even I could not have dreamed to be as big."

He pointed with a swing of his head to the two figures behind him.

"Gentlemen, Dr. Indiana Jones." He gestured at Indiana, only an implied gesture to the two guys behind him, "I hear that you all have met. Dr. Jones, may I introduce Mr. Henley and Mr. Reuben. They would like to ask some questions. And I pray for your sake that you know some damn good answers.

"Perhaps you tell me first what is going on here," said Indiana, deliberately falling into the same gruff tone as Grisswald. He leaned forward, rested his fists on the table, glaring at the Dean. "I know these two. In fact, at Marian Corda’s, I..."

Indiana suddenly stopped. The larger of the two, Reuben, made the same gesture as with yesterday attack by moving his hand underneath his jacket as if to draw a weapon but instead reveled a thin synthetic leather wallet, which Reuben dropped in front of Indiana. The wallet flipped open and out drop a printed card. Indiana was stunned for second as on the card is read:-

"F...B...I!" Indiana stuttered.

Reuben was visibly pleased with the reaction and quickly put back the wallet into his jacket and nodded.

“Special Agent, Reuben," he said and then pointing to his companion. "This is Special Agent Henley."

"Oh," said Indiana sheepishly.

Reuben was not taken by Indiana’s response as it only made him more angry.

"You have caused us a lot of trouble, Dr. Jones," he said. "You can thank Mr. Grisswald for not arrested you on the spot and locking you away for the next twenty years".

“But - ," began Indiana, but was immediately interrupted by Reuben.

"Interfering in state matters, obstructing an FBI agent on duty, assault on a state official, Dr. Jones. I could list more, but that's enough in itself for fifteen years. "

*the Scandinavian equivalent to Laurel and Hardy.

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Translation Part 18

"How the hell should I know who you are? You could have identified yourself," Indiana said.

“We tried," said Henley.

"But you attacked us first and totally without warning." added Reuben.

Indiana's memory was a little differently but he knew how little he would benefit for arguing with the two men, so he said nothing. He looked Grisswald, then Pat and Patachon with narrowing eyes.

"Where is Mrs. Corda, Jones," asked Grisswald.

"How do I know?" Indiana shot back.

Reuben clenched his fist and said, "Don’t play us for fools, Jones. After both of us recovered she had disappeared along with you and since then she has not been seen. "

"So, you were at the house?" Indiana said smiling.

Reuben's face became even redder than it already was. He looked like he would explode at any moment. Indiana took the precaution of taking a step back from the desk.

"It's the second question on our list, Dr. Jones", he growled. "The house was taken apart from the attic to the basement. You do not happen to know by whom and why?

"No, "Indiana replied calmly. "And I think its better that I don’t say anything more." He turned to Grisswald. “Can, I use your phone?"

“Why, "asked Grisswald.

"To call my lawyer," Indiana replied calmly.

Reuben wanted to lash out but Indiana suddenly moved away to a side that he least expected.

Grisswald raised a soothing hand and said, "Dr. Jones, this is not yet necessary. You are not under any indictment. These two men just want some information from you.”

He turned around in her chair and looked up at Reuben.

“Believe me, with all the disagreements between Dr. Jones and I, Mr. Reuben, I’d still be happy to put my hand in a fire to vouch for his integrity "

"Then it will burn" Reuben murmured, but Grisswald continued unfazed.

"Dr. Jones tends to address some things a little unconventionally. But he would never violate any law," He turned around again and walked over to Indiana, "This is not about you, Jones. It is about Professor Corda. He has been missing since yesterday morning after his last lecture. No one has seen him and these two men have only tired to impress his wife to answer a few questions."

"For me, it looked different," muttered Indiana but Grisswald simply ignored his objection.

"You certainly remember the amulet I showed you yesterday," he said

Indiana nodded.

Grisswald then open a drawer in his desk and took out the tiny gold beetle and placed it on the table before him.

"Please, please think again about the piece, Jones," he said. "It's important. With all your knowledge and contacts you must know something"

"No, nothing" he said. "But what is this all about?"

Reuben wanted to intercede again, and again Grisswald interrupted with a quick gesture.

"Well, in recent weeks a number of these and similar artifacts showed up here in the city. Someone has sold an astonishing amount of this stuff. At very reasonable prices and with such skill that their identity was kept secret successful" said Grisswald.

“You already told me this yesterday," said Indiana. "But I do not understand what the FBI has to do with it? I mean, even if it is stolen works of art..."

"It does not matter," broke in Henley. "We've known since yesterday morning that they originate from Professor Corda. The question is where did he get them? "

Jones exchanged a quick glance with Grisswald, aside from FBI agents, as both had a understanding of the Corda's dealings.

Of course, their were rumors that the Cordas had a somewhat ambiguous relationship to some pieces in their possession and it was professional courtesy that these rumour did not spread. Indiana was the only one who knew where Cordas true wealth came from. Presumably, Grisswald also knew, at least since this morning. It was clear to Indiana, that the two FBI agents opposite, knew nothing.

"I don’t know," he said.

"Strange," said Henley thoughtfully and with a smile that was disgustingly fake. "Somehow I do not believe you, Dr. Jones."

Indiana just shrugged his shoulders.

"Where is Mrs. Corda. She maybe in a lot of trouble if you do not help us, Jones.” asked Reuben

"I don’t know," answered Indiana as at the moment it was at least the truth.

Although he had left Marian in his house Indiana was quite confident that she was no longer there. Henley stared at him as if he could read his thoughts but to Indiana's surprise he said nothing only shook his head and sighed audibly.

"So we are stuck," said Reuben. "What happened yesterday was probably only the result of a misunderstanding. I'm willing to overlook and forget about it - if you work with us. It is also in Mrs. Cordas interest.”

"Why?" replied Indiana.

“Because we believe that she is in danger, "said Henley,"Just like her husband"

Henley pointed with a fluttering gesture to the golden beetle on the desk.

"We need to know where this came from, Dr. Jones. Do not get me wrong - does not interest me that your colleague looted a Pharaoh’s graveor not. We do not care how he came into possession of this jewellery."

And at that moment it was the truth. "First, you need to know where the stuff comes from, and then…”

" It’s dangerous,Jones, " interrupted Grisswald. Reuben looked at him almost frightened, but Grisswald pointed to a shake of the head to answer, and continued: "There's something strange with these things. Some of the people who sold this item to Corda have become very ill. There have been two deaths."

"What? " Indiana asked in alarm.

Grisswald nodded and instinctively moved a little way from the little gold beetles continue on. "I know it is silly to hear," he said with an uncertain smile, "but it looks as if Professor Corda operated for some time had an almost unlimited pot of gold. I will now say nothing about whether it belongs to him or not. But something is not right with the gold. It is as if... "

“It would be a cursed,” muttered Indiana.

The Dean looked at him silently. He was still smiling. But it looked tortured and it was more of grimace than a real smile.

"It sounds crazy, I know," he said after a while. "But when it comes to crazy things you are the specialist, are you not?"

"That's enough, I ask you one last time, Dr. Jones. Where is Marian Corda?" Reuben said roughly.

"I do not know," said Indiana. "She was with me yesterday, that's right. I insisted that she stayed in my house.”

"Why?" Said Henley.

"Why?" Indiana laughed disparagingly.

Last edited:

Stoo

Cracking job, Junior!(y)

One comment: Did Hohlbein actually constantly spell Ms. Ravenwood's name as 'Marian'?:confused: It's 'Marion' with an 'o'!

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Stoo said:
Cracking job, Junior!(y)

One comment: Did Hohlbein actually constantly spell Ms. Ravenwood's name as 'Marian'?:confused: It's 'Marion' with an 'o'!

I hope that your joking! If not, I've missed something very obvious!!

The character is Marian Corda. I think I made one mistake and referred to her as Marion (sub-consiously) when I first started.

I'm sure a kindly moderator will fix it.

Stoo

Oops!:eek: To be honest, I've only skimmed through yours & punisher5150's translations while pasting them into a Microsoft Word document with the intent of reading them fully at a later date. I automatically assumed the character was Ms. Ravenwood. Silly me.

So Marian it is! Carry on...:hat:

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Translation - Part 19

"Why?" Indiana laughed disparagingly.? "You have seen their house, right?"

"And you thought that we were responsible?? added Henley

This remark surprised Indiana at first until he realized that Henley said this to try and win his trust

"I am wrong?" he said with a shrug.

?Has Mrs. Corda said anything about her husband? " asked Reuben with a disparaging huff ?You can?t tell me that someone has found a King Midas' treasure and not talked about it.?

"No, " said Indiana. "I..."

Something was had clearly clicked in Indiana's mind, and broke off mid-sentence and stared wide-eyed at Reuben. Suddenly he thought again about the things Marian's had said last night. Suddenly, a realization flashed in his mind. ?It's all true! What were the Spaniards, but fools!?. And then he knew.

Marcus and he had the solution in their hands all the time. It was all in Stan's papers, so clear that one one needed only to look. He just did not understand why he had not seen it at once.

"What, Jones?" Asked Grisswald, Indiana altered expression was little noticed by the two FBI men.

"Nothing," Indiana replied uncertainly. He tried to smile but even that fell into a grimace. "It?s just ... just something occurred."

"What?" Hooked Reuben.

"Probably nothing important, "murmured Indiana evasively.

"Leave it to us to decided, "said Henley.

"When I ... Marian was in her home yesterday," he said, "we noticed a man."

"A man? What was he doing? What was he like? "

"Just a man," said Indiana. "He was on the other side of the street, and I had the feeling that he was observing the house. He was very tall, sturdy looking, and very muscular. A pretty ugly guy. But as I said ? it?s not likely to mean anything. "

The look that Henley then exchanged with his colleague convinced Indiana that it meant something and that the man whom Indiana described was no stranger to them.

"Is that all?" Reuben asked suspiciously.

Indiana nodded. ?Yes. I'm sorry I can?t help any further. "

"It would be better for you if you could, "said Reuben feeling his bruised, grazed face with his fingertips and added, ?You know, the more I forget about about you, the better you?ll be. "

?I?ll think about it. If I remember, I?ll tell you. ", promised Indiana. He turned to Grisswald. "Can I go now? I still have a lot to do.?

"Sure," replied Grisswald. Indiana was ready to leave, but Henley called him back. "One more thing, Dr. Jones." Indiana moved his head, turned but not quite to him. "Yes?"

"It has nothing to do with this story," said Henley, "But - have you ever heard the term ?Manhattan Project??"

Indiana thought for a moment and then said no. "What?s that supposed to be? "

"Has Professor Corda mentioned anything like this?" Henley persevered.
Indiana said no again. "We didn?t speak that much?, he said.

Henley seemed rather relieved than disappointed and made a gesture that he could go.

Indiana left Grisswald?s office walking past the secretary keeping his composure by making sure his steps were measured until he reached the hallway. Once into the hallway, the measured steps quickly became brisk strides, and once he was at a safe distance he began to pick up speed. Indiana rushed through the long corridors of the university, gaining startled looks from colleagues and student alike, but Indiana was too focus to pay attention. He was at such speed he made the distance between the West Wing to the museum in a just few minutes and then, without knocking, stormed into Marcus Brody's tiny office.

Brody?s office was a crammed with books, large crates and boxes of antiquities. Indiana navigated through the clutter until he reach a desk, behind which was Marcus beneath a cloud of blue smoke. He was surprised and was about to say something but stopped as Indiana gasped for breath:-

"What," asked Marcus as he drew the pipe from his mouth.

Indiana was breathing twice as fast and deeply, so he waited until his raging lungs calm down, before he answered. "I think he has found El Dorado.?