Indiana 3D model

Chiyou

Hi, i'm modeling Indy for my demo reel and thought i'd post him on this forum to get feedback from people who are truly passionate about the source material! I've just done the basic modeling of him, i still have to texture and sculpt him, but any comments or critiques would be great! =)

Indy-1.jpg

indyclone25

and i know it will be hard and maybe you be adding it after texturing but you have to get his scar in there , then the shirt details but so far looks good (y)

Chiyou

oh yes the details on the shirt, for the creases i think i'll do those in zbrush, but i've been meaning to do the epaulets! >>
and i'll be doing the mole and scar in zbrush because i want him symmetrical until the latest stage

Last edited:

Lance Quazar

I think the head/face look a little "thick" -making him look more like a middle-aged Indy rather than the young Raiders version you're trying to capture.

But you're off to a great start!!

Dr Bones

Lance Quazar said:
I think the head/face look a little "thick" -making him look more like a middle-aged Indy rather than the young Raiders version you're trying to capture.

But you're off to a great start!!

I like it a lot but have to agree..seems a little too heavy!

I think the nose is too straight and needs to tilt more to his right. Harrison has a wonky konk!

This might be an illusion due to the absence of texture but to my eyes the lips seem a little too loose/relaxed?...Harrison as Indy tends to be a little tight lipped most of the time, slightly wry, which brings his lips closer to his nose. His lips are usually slightly open when this relaxed.

Reducing the symmetry of the face and adding the textures will obviously bring it that much closer.

Fine work...shame the computer games Indy never looked so good.

Montana Smith

I agree that this is a fantastic start. The basic structure is there, and I can recognzie the older Harrison, so the face could be narrowed for a more youthful look. The nose and mouth need to be more asymmetrical.

Goodeknight

Looking good!

I agree with Lance's and Resident Alien's comments.

And once you depart from symmetry, remember the mouth is rather asymmetrical, especially if he's smiling (like in the Raider's poster). Even the Mr. Potatoe Head (Taters of the Lost Ark) has the asymmetrical smile. (y) (Hmm, just noticed this emoticon has a completely symmetrical smile. Someone should fix that!)

IAdventurer01

Heck of a lot better than I can do, not that that's saying too much. But I recognize good work when I see it. Nice!

Once it's textured It'll look terrific. (y)

Yure

This is great! Can't wait to look at it when it's finished, with the scar and a 5 o'clock shadow :)

Pleats that run vertically on the shirt-- they start just inside the button on the epaulet and run down.

Also, the face still looks a tad fat and the nose should be more asymmetrical.

Also, the ribbon on the hat in your picture is very thick and, perhaps it's just unfinished, but it looks leathery-- the hat ribbon isn't leather. It's cloth. One of the hat guys could tell you more specifically, but...

Also, the Raiders hat has a very tight pinch right in the front. So, tighten that up.

Montana Smith

It looks much better, but I have to agree with RA's observations. Especially making the nose more asymmetrical.

Also, I'm still seeing older Indy in there, as he's a little fat in the face.

Yet this is still incredible work.

Hanselation

Chiyou said:
Hey guys! so i have an update, any advise would be great :)
Update.jpg

Great work. Makes me feel I would like to see animated Indiana Jones series. :hat:

What's up with the eye color? Shouldn't it be hazel?

342.jpg